Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing png or jpeg onto high quality paper?

• 22-09-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I've created a wordcloud image on an online programme. It can be downloaded as PNG 32MP HQ or JPEG 32MP HQ. I'd like to download it as high quality as possible, and print in colour onto high quality paper, and frame it. And I don't have a clue about printing, resolution, etc.

So, my questions:
    1. Is either PNG or JPEG better? Is 32MP good resolution for a sharp image?

2. Will either of those downloads allow me to stretch the image into A3 size, without losing resolution?

3. For the best image and quality: I can use a fairly high quality colour printer and I could get good quality paper maybe in an art shop, or would I be better off going to a printing place with the image on a USB? If the latter, any recommendations for where in Dublin I'd go? I'd hope to print onto white textured paper, like what you'd see for good quality prints or framed pictures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

Send me a PM with the word cloud and I'll size it to what you need - and send you back a PDF good enough for printing.

It really depends on the aspect ratio - which I don't know what yours is but:

Rounded - typical aspect ratio - 3:2 is 6935 x 4614 = 31,998,090 pixels
    Can print 705mm x 469 mm at 250 dpi

So should be fine for A3 size.

Advertisement