Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Omg Turn On The News

• 11-09-2001 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Two planes have crashed into the world trades towers. One after the other. They reckon a bomb was on one of them and it was intentional.

OMG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oh. ****. second crash was seen live around the world. ****sake. hope peeps r ok.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

they reckon one of the planes was a 737 hijacked just before the crash. Over 100 passengers on board.

whatever organisation was behind this one is gonna get severely kicked in the head by the americans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I hesitate to think what the backlash will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

pictures from sky
    :eek: OMG!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bush was just on TV.

One of the planes was hijacked from Boston and was a 767. They don't know if it was the first or second plane but there were passengers on board.

The military have made NY a no fly zone to stop any more from coming in (if there are), also the NY stock exchange is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Turn on Sky News - there's been a huge explosion at the Pentagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

white house abandoned, pentigon on fire!!!:eek:

HOLY SH!T

The Pentagon has been hit now.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Apparently there is one more hijacked plane in the air. I wonder if they'll shot it out of the air rather than see it crash into something?

• Advertisement

All airports in the US have now been shut down for at least 7 hours.

There is also a fire at a mall in washinton but they don't know if it's related.

It was a plane that crashed into the Pentagon.

The World Trade Centre and the Pentagon on fire. Reports of the fire in the Pentagon being caused by a 3RD hi-jacked plane crashing into it. The Pentagon, The White House and the US Treasury Building evacuated. Bush standing in front of a microphone surrounded by kids in a Florida school promising to "hunt down" the attackers. A Palestinian organisation being the first to claim responsibility.

Jesus! What a day!... I gotta ask- what NEXT?!

America must be going nuts right now...

I'm staying in front of that TV - just as well I don't have work! All major stations (not just the news stations) seem dedicated to this tragedy at the moment. RTÉ One, BBC One, SKY News and then some. It has already been called "the most highly organised and co-ordinated, militarily brilliant terrorist attack in human history" by one "expert".

It just doesn't seem real, does it?... You'd see it in a movie and say "that'd never happen"... but this is as real as it gets.

Reports say 6 are dead and 1,000 injured in New York. This figure is expected to rocket upwards.

The world is watching... shocked and horrified.

HOLY F U C K - one of the Twin Towers just collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

OMG

It has just collapsed !!! I DONT FCUKING BELIEVE THIS

OMg

its war !!!!!!

Ummmm, according to Sky News there are around 40,000 people in each tower at this time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I have and a few friends.
    My family and cousins are going crazy trying to ring NY to see is our cousin is all right.
    DemonBaby...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

FOR **** SAKE, i hate to think of how many people are dead.

John

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

There are now reports that a total of 8 planes were hijacked.
    F UCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

WTF!??!?!
    This cannot be happening!
    They were on the phone to some guy in one of the towers he was just saying "We're f*cking dying up here!"

OMG!

There's been an explosion on Capitol Hill now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Capitol hill now, where else is it gonna get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

OMG!

some country somewhere is gonna get some serious sh17 kicking in the next few weeks methinks....
    poor bas7ards :(

the report on Sky News came in from FOX News in the States saying that a phone call was received from a trading floor high up in one of the towers, in a floor above the section of the tower where the plane hit. The call simply said "Help us! We're dying up here!" - The reporter tried calling them back, but got no answer.

That tower has since collapsed.

--

8 planes hi-jacked??? ... this is FAR from over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

This is all a bit fkin surreal.

Hate to see what the response will be to this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

If any of you folks are are at a TV can you give an update!

This is mad sh!t.

It that Sky news stuff about 40,000 in Towers true??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,235 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If one of the towers has collapsed, we are talking about 20,000 dead. Several hundred of those will have been Irish.

It happened before 9am so most of them would (hopefully) not have been in work, and it happened fairly high up in the towers, so it wouldn't have affected large proportions of the buildings, which one would expect would have rapidly been evacuated after the first crash.

It's a sad day for planet Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Was the whole economy down about $40bn yesterday too?
    This is bad, real bad, WWIII stuff.

20,000!!!!! Oh My God!

Originally posted by Wookie
    If any of you folks are are at a TV can you give an update!

This is mad sh!t.

It that Sky news stuff about 40,000 in Towers true??

I'm watching Sky News - one of the towers has collapsed totally. there's an airplane still embedded in the side of the other one. Two planes have hit the Pentagon. There's been an explosion on Capitol Hill.

I just watched a video of Tower A collapsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

****ing hell!

I'm sitting here in a lab waiting for my project demo and listening to it on the radio. At first I though it was a movie or something.

****ing hell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement