Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Open 2018- a quick story

• 19-07-2018 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

Just a quick story...

My self and son over the last couple of days. He is 6½

Loves golf..Rickie Fan...

We got pics with the trophy and booked simulator for him.

We did a the simulator in the village and they were mighty impressed with him

The instructor also does a bit of work part time with Sky Sports, so he offered and we accepted a special treat.

We then followed Rickie and got his autograph, also got ball from Bello and a ball marker from Leishman.

At 14:15, we met the coach at the Sky Open Zone..

He took my son by the hand..and brought him onto The Practice Range

Right there was DJ, Rose, Bradley, Els, Finau...and more

Tony Finau came over and signed his cap and took a picture..

Man it was the most amazing moment ever.

A kid at his 1st Open...Amazing.

I was amazed at Open, there is an amazing feeling there, everyone, spectators and players want to be there..they need to be there..

It has made me look at golf in a new light...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,020 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'd be in awe with that experience, can't imagine what its like for a 6 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Wow, what a memory for your kid(& yourself :))

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Wow! Fantastic experience. Love The Open -been to 4 of them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Russman

Fantastic story, a memory for life for the kid, brilliant stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That's brilliant. I've noticed how good the pro golfers are with the kids expecially. They go out of their way to sign their gear and chat with them. Delighted for you and your son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

I was at the Open last year in Liverpool. I have gone to loads of Irish Opens but the atmosphere at the Open was second to none! Even in the city.

Got talking to Sergio walking down the 16th on Sunday all be it from the sidelines but he responded and there was a bit of back and forward banter. All the players just seemed so relaxed totally not what I was expecting..

We snuck into the grand stand on 18 after the golf for the presentation and when over, Spieth ran over to us had a chat with us got in photos etc never really liked him but after that he's one of my favourite golfers now. He spent 2 hours going around to everyone! have some great videos of him totally down to earth bloke! and really a great guy!

I have some great memories that I will cherish for life!!

Advertisement