Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Arrived in post to Dublin 1 this morning, ordered tuesday evening and ported from throwawayTesco sim. Everything looks good so far!
    Thanks a million OP and everyone else that gave advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Ryath

I ordered last Thursday, got confirmation email, order was saying processing for a few days, and now tracking number now working. The €180 was take from account immediately.

Anyone else?

Yea they seem very slow with some orders and some have had them shipped that day. Ordered Tues last week it was processing until Tues this week when it was changed to packing. Finally shipped that night and arrived this morning.

Third phone I've got for the family really impressed with it especially the camera. Tempted to get one my self screen is a little small though and there's nothing wrong with my One plus 5. If the Pixel 3a XL was discounted by as much I'd be could be swayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I have about 5 previous Vodafone orders over the years and they never changed from processing

They change back to processing on vodafone tracker after shipping so easy miss if you weren't checking regularly.

Better tracking on
    http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ryath wrote: »
    They change back to processing on vodafone tracker after shipping so easy miss if you weren't checking regularly.

Better tracking on
    http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus

Turned up today, ordered tuesday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

bush wrote: »
    Turned up today, ordered tuesday :D

That's fast. I ordered Tue. Collect option. Like many others.. Order 'processing'. Reckon it'll be processing for the next 19 months or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ordered Tuesday night at 2230, collected today from the Grafton St shop. Second time lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Tried to order there and getting

Oops - there seems to be a problem

Unfortunately we are having difficulties in processing your order. Please try again later.

Website slow as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Tried to order there and getting

Oops - there seems to be a problem

Unfortunately we are having difficulties in processing your order. Please try again later.

Website slow as well

Same happened me,they took the money. Contacted them when it was pending in my account and they said I would be refunded within 3-5 working days. The transaction is now completed so I doubt I will get that refund without at least another call. Would put me off buying from their website again tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Ordered on Wednesday evening. Order came up as processing and then a message immediately above saying your order has been cancelled. Yesterday it changed to dispatched while still having the order cancelled message. Next time I checked it had gone back to processing :confused:

Go on to the online chat yesterday and spoke to an agent who informed me my order had been dispatched and would be in the shop for me to collect today. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme, reason or logic behind their ordering system so I don't even kn ow if it will actually be there today. We will wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

No problems here. Ordered on Thursday mornig and just arrived now.

I kept an eye on http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus and the anpost tracking link.

Now for the fun of transferring data over from an S8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

is it worth trying this for the 6th time? are people still getting white screen/failed orders/orders cancelled for no reason and having to chase refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

is it worth trying this for the 6th time? are people still getting white screen/failed orders/orders cancelled for no reason and having to chase refunds?

I was 5ft time lucky but with advice from others I managed to get one before Christmas. On the last try i changed to an Eir sim instead of Tesco and used my work address for billing and posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just bought the black one, no issues, cheers OP for this bargain alert, thought I had missed the boat, just hope the camera is as good as everyone is saying.

Used an Eir sim I got online for free from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Would I be mad to buy one of these when I already have a Samsung Galaxy A50?

funnyname wrote: »
    Just bought the black one, no issues, cheers OP for this bargain alert, thought I had missed the boat, just hope the camera is as good as everyone is saying.

Used an Eir sim I got online for free from Eir.

I just ordered again for the 6th time. All previous orders failed for various reasons. Ordered for store pickup. Seems to have gone through. At least this time I got an order number and email :)

I just ordered again for the 6th time. All previous orders failed for various reasons. Ordered for store pickup. Seems to have gone through. At least this time I got an order number and email :)

Says my order is due for dispatch. Any chance it gets to the store tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Ordered one yesterday (black), seem to have gone through without any issue - order page now says : Due for dispatching- I take it that is a good sign ?

Ordered one yesterday (black), seem to have gone through without any issue - order page now says : Due for dispatching- I take it that is a good sign ?

Hopefully... Mine is same.. should move tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Keith186

Got this case for less than a tenner from Amazon (Prime).

iBetter for Google pixel 3a Case, Premium Soft Rubber Cover Shock Proof with Anti-Slip Ultra-Thin for Google pixel 3a Smartphone. Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RZ8GS97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BXBlEbGJEZ6TM

After using Spigen before, they're over rated for the cost and they don't want to seem to deliver to Ireland for a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Keith186 wrote: »

iBetter for Google pixel 3a Case, Premium Soft Rubber Cover Shock Proof with Anti-Slip Ultra-Thin for Google pixel 3a Smartphone. Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RZ8GS97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BXBlEbGJEZ6TM

After using Spigen before, they're over rated for the cost and they don't want to seem to deliver to Ireland for a fair price.

you could have got same from aliexpress for couple of quids but longer delivery wait !

Order status has changed to dispatched... so thats promising. I choose store pickup so probably this evening or tomorrow. Do they text you when its available for collection?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Keith186 wrote: »

I have that case on my 3A XL, it's a perfectly serviceable case. Snug fit, accurate cut outs, slight lip to elevate the screen off a surface when face down. As sturdy as any tpu case.

you could have got same from aliexpress for couple of quids but longer delivery wait !

this case for £5 is really good I've found and looks pretty cool on the black 3a

above the level of the front screen so protects for a fall on a flat surface.

material is more solid than the bog std jelly cases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07M8NRBH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or get from here - €5.50 shipped

https://ie.mobilefun.com/olixar-flexishield-google-pixel-3a-gel-case-blue-70727

70727.jpg

Called into the store this evening and no sign of phone yet. I ordered Friday evening and order status is now complete. Hopefully shows up tomorrow. North Dublin store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Would I be mad to buy one of these when I already have a Samsung Galaxy A50?

The 4a is coming...

wingnut wrote: »
    The 4a is coming...

Yeah but it will be at least 399 euro, probably 499..I'd suggest at 179 the 3a is still a great deal

Yeah but it will be at least 399 euro, probably 499..I'd suggest at 179 the 3a is still a great deal

Unreal deal.

The camera has brilliantly resolved colours and dynamic range that delivers great photos daytime or nighttime.

And the rest of the phone is pretty good too.

If you value photo quality then it's a no brainer for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It's a great phone, only criticism would be the screen gets minor scratches very easily.

Advertisement