Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oculus Go VR headset now from €159

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Buy virtual desktop for a tenner, mirrors pc screen. Best app hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

gmisk wrote: »
    Random question...can I wear my glasses with this..and what is it like for watching Netflix? Thanks :)

Hiya,
    I wear glasses.
    The spacer only helps make a bit more room for your frames inside the Go.
    It works ok but I find that wearing glasses while watching stuff tends to get uncomfortable quick enough..
    The weight of the headset is also a bit much for extended periods.. grand for an episode but pushing it for a movie...

That said.. watchin a movie via the app called SkyBox (nothing to do with Sky TV) is pretty cool.. It places you in a cinema and its uncannily convincing... great sense of space around you...Move your head around to see all the empty seats...And the screen is brilliant.. really feels like you are in the cinema.

There is also a YouTube app and an TV app.. they are pretty cool cos it looks like you are in a sittingroom watchin a big tv. Again.. very convincing.

BTW if you go look around on the Oculus site you can find a link to where you can buy replacement lenses for the Go that can be made with your glasses prescription. Think its about 90 bucks... out of budget for me for now.
    But if you do go for those please do let us know how they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Buy virtual desktop for a tenner, mirrors pc screen. Best app hands down.

I beat Tomb Raider playing on my couch using Virtual Desktop on an IMAX screen with an Xbox wireless controller.

Was truly unbelievable the quality of the visuals, and much better than playing on my 15" laptop screen :)

vidapura wrote: »
    BTW if you go look around on the Oculus site you can find a link to where you can buy replacement lenses for the Go that can be made with your glasses prescription. Think its about 90 bucks... out of budget for me for now.
    But if you do go for those please do let us know how they are.

FramesDirect are the official partner but they won't ship outside of the United States. WidmoVR have been recommended for us European folks. Currently waiting for an eye test with Specsavers as my current prescription is from 2008 (they did say my eyesight had stopped getting worse!).

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

€170 in argos if you prefer bricks and mortar option. :cool:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8667490.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement