Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Worked fine for me this time yesterday. Generated the code 5 minutes before buying the voucher.

I should have bought yesterday so. They just told me it won't work on that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah code generated for signing up to newsletter worked for me yest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I got onto pigsback support about the generated code not working and they sent me one that did. Worth a go if your code didn't work initially. Cheers to the OP for this by the way.

I got onto pigsback support about the generated code not working and they sent me one that did. Worth a go if your code didn't work initially. Cheers to the OP for this by the way.

I got 5% off in the end.

12 hours left on this deal (unless they extend again)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wheety wrote: »
    I got 5% off in the end.

12 hours left on this deal (unless they extend again)

Lol two days ago it said 5 days left. Although it was pretty obvious that there were only going to sell the subs at a discount until the premier league kicked off.

• Advertisement

Lol two days ago it said 5 days left. Although it was pretty obvious that there were only going to sell the subs at a discount until the premier league kicked off.

Yeah, I had thought it was longer than that yesterday alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

i was given 5% off but it didn't work for the deal.

i was given 5% off but it didn't work for the deal.

Try PIGGYHELP. Doesn't look like a unique code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

it's sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

it's sold out.

Liverpool game on Sky One, for anyone that missed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I got the 3 month deal on the now tv site itself for €58. The great thing is you can cancel straight away and watch away.

I bought it in the end as there are a few rugby internationals on sky over the next few weeks - Eng v Wales on Sunday and Eng v Ireland a couple of weeks later, plus a couple of NZ v Aus fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,130 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I got the 3 month deal on the now tv site itself for €58. The great thing is you can cancel straight away and watch away.

I bought it in the end as there are a few rugby internationals on sky over the next few weeks - Eng v Wales on Sunday and Eng v Ireland a couple of weeks later, plus a couple of NZ v Aus fixtures.
    Is it the same as the pigsback offer in that you can have two screens active at once?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Is it the same as the pigsback offer in that you can have two screens active at once?

I presume so as it is now tv who are offering the service.

I activated mine today. Quality is great.

Exactly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

You're better off not cancelling straight away, as they always offer you a near similar discount deal to the one you're on when you go to cancel a day or two before your pass is due to expire. I just set a reminder on my phone for few days before pass is due. Don't think I've ever paid near full price for any now tv pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,130 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Exactly the same

Great a tenner a month Is grand if I share with my brother in law

Great a tenner a month Is grand if I share with my brother in law

with the discounts from pigsback i got it for €8.75 with my bro :)

You're better off not cancelling straight away, as they always offer you a near similar discount deal to the one you're on when you go to cancel a day or two before your pass is due to expire. I just set a reminder on my phone for few days before pass is due. Don't think I've ever paid near full price for any now tv pack.

yup, that's true.

Watched Liverpool last night and the quality was grand but it sure beat looking for a good stream that had zero ads.

7:55pm, open now tv app on my 4K tv, select SS:PL channel and straight away watchable stream.

Would be nice if the quality was better but it’s better than I’m used to with streams.

• Advertisement

What type of tv do you have?
    The lg tv I have doesn't have an app for ROI, only UK and after using it for a month or so it says it can't be used any longer due to roaming restrictions.

It is just handy being able to use the tv remote rather than having to use a phone with chromecast.

The lg tv I have doesn't have an app for ROI, only UK and after using it for a month or so it says it can't be used any longer due to roaming restrictions.

It is just handy being able to use the tv remote rather than having to use a phone with chromecast.

I have it on an LG TV. Do you have the region set as UK or Ireland on tv? I have it set to Ireland.

Wheety wrote: »
    I have it on an LG TV. Do you have the region set as UK or Ireland on tv? I have it set to Ireland.

There are 2 options

1. Broadcast country

2. LG Services Country (apps)

Which have you set to Ire?

LG 65” C8 Oled. Been there for me since day 1. Region set to Ireland and bought from richer sounds in Belfast (that might be why I have it)

Both broadcast country and LG service country set to Ireland.

There are 2 options

1. Broadcast country

2. LG Services Country (apps)

Which have you set to Ire?

I set them both to Ireland recently because some of my apps weren't working. Easy to change them. Seems that th UK apps won't work as the IP address is looked at and the Irishones won't work because of the app settings. I thnik it would be based on 2. though. The first one would be more for the channels your receiving but I use a satellite box so that setting doesn't affect me.

I'm pretty sure NowTV wouldn't work for me when the services was set to UK.

I have the Irish saorview channels and the Broadcast Country set to UK. So don't think that is an issue unless I do a retune.

I have the Services set to UK at the moment so maybe will change it back to Ire. Previously the Now tv app wouldn't let you log in if set to Ire so they must have put out an Irish Now tv app since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭dor83

That might be to do with your NowTV account rather than your TV, I have two different accounts for NowTV myself because I originally set it up before it was available in Ireland and I get that email on the UK account. It depends on if I log into the Irish site or the UK one which account I am using, they are both the same username and password but passes bought on one don't show up on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Bought this and the streaming quality is shiite. Watching Man utd match and the quality is worse than any illegal stream.

I am wondering is it the now tv stick as I previously used this on Apple TV and it was very good. Unfortunately there's no Nowtv app on the Ireland Apple TV store.

Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm watching it myself via the PS4 and I think it's fine and a lot better than the majority of streams I've used.

• Advertisement

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Bought this and the streaming quality is shiite. Watching Man utd match and the quality is worse than any illegal stream.

I am wondering is it the now tv stick as I previously used this on Apple TV and it was very good. Unfortunately there's no Nowtv app on the Ireland Apple TV store.

Anyone else having issues?

No issues here. You know you can also cast it using Chromecast? Might work better.

The issue, I suggest, is likely your internet speed.

Advertisement