Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Easy enough to reduce the cost on this, I would have thought. Firstly, no need to worry about BANK10 not working... sign up to the Pigsback mailing list and they'll send you a 10% single use discount code which I can confirm works just fine.

The great thing about the voucher is that you can register up to six devices, with up to two screens watching at once. So all the family can enjoy it, as their marketing says. I was able to convince a "family member" to go halves with me on this, reducing my personal outlay to €35.10. Three devices each, any two simultaneously. Nothing to stop others doing likewise.

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th. I'll activate on Saturday September 14th. That'll run until January 14th, covering all the Christmas football, the PDC Darts, the NFL up to the first two rounds of the playoffs (usually watch the Championship games in pub anyway), and any Monday Night Football that might be on, on January 13th.

Cracking deal imho, cheers OP.

Oh... it expires tonight according to Pigsback!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Kilteragh

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Easy enough to reduce the cost on this, I would have thought. Firstly, no need to worry about BANK10 not working... sign up to the Pigsback mailing list and they'll send you a 10% single use discount code which I can confirm works just fine.

The great thing about the voucher is that you can register up to six devices, with up to two screens watching at once. So all the family can enjoy it, as their marketing says. I was able to convince a "family member" to go halves with me on this, reducing my personal outlay to €35.10. Three devices each, any two simultaneously. Nothing to stop others doing likewise.

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th. I'll activate on Saturday September 14th. That'll run until January 14th, covering all the Christmas football, the PDC Darts, the NFL up to the first two rounds of the playoffs (usually watch the Championship games in pub anyway), and any Monday Night Football that might be on, on January 13th.

Cracking deal imho, cheers OP.

I just signed up to the newsletter but didn't get anything to do with 10% off. Does this come later?

I got an email with discount code - signed up via the pop-up that says 55% off hotels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Says 5 days left?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wheety wrote: »
    Says 5 days left?

It’s not unusual for companies on pigsback to extend an offer especially when it’s a subscription service.

Basically they’re trying to get as many subscriptions up until the premier league starts in the hope they’ll forget to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

I can't find a page to sign up to the newsletter, anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th.

Had forgotten to redeem the voucher until I re read this. It's a step between purchasing from Pigsback and activation with Now TV. It is time limited - you need to redeem within about a week of purchasing.

Any one tried stacking it? You can pick a quantity when purchasing. 2 would nearly see you through the season. And it would if you don't activate it until mid September.

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/Account/Login

^ I clicked "sign up now" here and was e-mailed the discount code not long after.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/Account/Login

^ I clicked "sign up now" here and was e-mailed the discount code not long after.

The 10% one?

Bit it doesn't seem to work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

noodler wrote: »
    The 10% one?

Bit it doesn't seem to work ?

Worked for me just now.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Bank 10 or a unique code?

Bank 10 wasn't working on the nowtv pass.

There's a unique code in the email.

The unique code you get when you sign up to Pigsback

donnyvegas wrote: »
    The unique code you get when you sign up to Pigsback

Thanks.

Signed up about two hours ago. Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Thanks.

Signed up about two hours ago. Nothing yet.

Same here. I signed up twice using 2 different emails addresses (obviously) and haven't received a money off voucher yet.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Same here. I signed up twice using 2 different emails addresses (obviously) and haven't received a money off voucher yet.

I got mine immediately. Had you recently signed up?

I'm the same.

I'm the same.

Did you check your spam?

Make sure to tick "send me offers and discounts" when signing up.

• Advertisement

I'm the same.

Try this.

I had signed up (registered, account, password etc )but got nothing.

Then I opened an incognito browser (so you won't be logged in) and went back to the site and just subscribed to their newsletter (just your email and postcode) and I got it immediately.

Try this.

Then I opened an incognito browser (so you won't be logged in) and went back to the site and just subscribed to their newsletter (just your email and postcode) and I got it immediately.

That worked perfectly, the popup never came up initially so I guess that and actually signing up and even checking everything on the sign-up are regarded as separate. Thanks!

Just to let you know, you will be charged 39 euro once the voucher expires. You can cancel the renewal in the 'My Passes' section on the Now TV site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just to let you know, you will be charged 39 euro once the voucher expires. You can cancel the renewal in the 'My Passes' section on the Now TV site.

I'm assuming if you cancel now, you can still use the remaining 4 months?

I'm assuming if you cancel now, you can still use the remaining 4 months?

Yes. It just prevents your card being changed 39 euro once the 4 months is up.

The Revolut disposable card was made for this exact reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Kilteragh

Try this.

Thanks. I got the code using this method but when I went to use it on this offer I got "- Sorry, your shopping cart contains items that cannot be discounted".

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

New deal from Nowtv Ireland: 3months for 58 euro.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie

T&Cs: 18+ ROI only. 50% offer: Available to new customers or customers without an active Sky Sports Pass only. Up front payment of €58 required for 3 months access to Sky Sports. After 3 month period, Pass will auto-renew to €39 per month unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Offer expires 12th September 23:59.

The 10% discount for signing up to the emails will not work on the Sky Sports pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wheety wrote: »
    The 10% discount for signing up to the emails will not work on the Sky Sports pass.
    Worked fine for me this time yesterday. Generated the code 5 minutes before buying the voucher.

Advertisement