Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic 2

• 23-08-2018 7:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So DJI have finally released a video on their latest travel drones.

Here are two models..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Prices are high at release on the DJI site. Maybe there will be offers soon..

1,249e for the 2 Zoom

1,449e for the 2 Pro

Plus 319e for the fly more combo.

The 31 minute flight time is impressive, but can't justify those costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

tedpan wrote: »
    Prices are high at release on the DJI site. Maybe there will be offers soon..

1,249e for the 2 Zoom

1,449e for the 2 Pro

Plus 319e for the fly more combo.

The 31 minute flight time is impressive, but can't justify those costs.
    DJI usual roll out their offers and discounts around November.
    Even with the combo pack, its still alot cheaper than an equivalently specced Phantom 4 2.0

Flight time isnt really the main selling point for the Pro, its that DJI/Hasselblad co-desinged camera. Vastly improved low light performance with the larger sensor and a variable apeture.

Flight time isnt really the main selling point for the Pro, its that DJI/Hasselblad co-desinged camera. Vastly improved low light performance with the larger sensor and a variable apeture.

I understand that although I prefer the zoom function, if only they had combined the specs into a single quad it would have been perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I understand that although I prefer the zoom function, if only they had combined the specs into a single quad it would have been perfect!
    I understand what you’re saying, but I’ve been flying drones for 3 years and have had my SOP for the last 10 months and in that time the amount of times I’ve wanted a zoom function I can count on one hand. I just you know, fly closer. Or do a 4K crop in post if the client only wants 1080p in the final product, which is nearly all of them.

The combined specs you want will probably be kept for the Phantom 5, which is rumored (although DJI deny it) to have an interchangeable lens system.

Anybody taking the plunge on either of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anybody taking the plunge on either of these?

I can't justify the cost to upgrade over the original mavic pro atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I'm going to wait a couple of months and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I have a Mavic 2. Unfortunately, I can't get a live video feed to my phone via the DJI Go 4 app. My phone isn't on the list of the approved mobile devices, either officially or on the unofficial list.

It's my first drone but I'm finding it excellent. A huge selling point was the Hasselblad camera. I'm trying to edit some of the h.265 videos but need to convert them to h.264 so my machine can handle them.

It would take the Mavic 2 to make me realise I need to upgrade all my tech because my laptop and phone just won't keep up with it! :P

It would take the Mavic 2 to make me realise I need to upgrade all my tech because my laptop and phone just won't keep up with it!

Haha! Would love to see some footage!?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Haha! Would love to see some footage!?

I'll definitely share when I have this first video complete. Will just be a short vignette but don't want to post anything until I know I'll be proud to watch it in 2 or 5 years time! :)

• Advertisement

I'll definitely share when I have this first video complete. Will just be a short vignette but don't want to post anything until I know I'll be proud to watch it in 2 or 5 years time!

Nice one, well congrats on the Pro 2, hope to see something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I have a Mavic 2. Unfortunately, I can't get a live video feed to my phone via the DJI Go 4 app. My phone isn't on the list of the approved mobile devices, either officially or on the unofficial list.

It's my first drone but I'm finding it excellent. A huge selling point was the Hasselblad camera. I'm trying to edit some of the h.265 videos but need to convert them to h.264 so my machine can handle them.

Just curious, were you aware of those limitations before you bought the drone or after? ;)

theothernt wrote:
    Just curious, were you aware of those limitations before you bought the drone or after?

It's the same for all DJI products, most phones are compatible with the app although 4k editing is memory and processor intensive for any PC in H264 or 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

cannot justify an upgrade right now - originally thought I would opt for the Hasselblad as quality is paramount - I've been following a lot of the youtube comparisons - and I'm not seeing a lot in the difference quality wise after they are uploaded to Youtube - maybe Hasselblad might be optimal for stills - so Id probably go with the Zoom functionality...

I do see that the camera is fairly easily user swappable - just a few screws to remove - so it might be possible to get a camera spare or from damaged drone and have best of both worlds...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

10% of these in Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone get it and either themselves or through DJI have the camera swapped.

Advertisement