Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carb/throttle balancing

• 24-02-2021 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

What you using?
    Wished I hadn't broken my mercury sticks, my new fangled Morgan carb tune with stainless rods seems to be unreliable. There's intermittent stiction on number 3 which is causing ball archery as yer left chasing ghosts that's don't exist, breathe ahhhhhh.... :rolleyes: Anyone using this new version??
    Last time I used it was down with Jog and without saying much he disconnected it after trying to balance her and used his own, nuff said.
    Sent an email to the lads in Belfast about it. Suppose I could balance in pairs but I'm a stubborn soab and tbh I've lost faith in it.
    Gona get *some* miles in on the bb if possible this summer and want her creamy smooth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

H_Lime wrote: »
    What you using?
    Wished I hadn't broken my mercury sticks, my new fangled Morgan carb tune with stainless rods seems to be unreliable. There's intermittent stiction on number 3 which is causing ball archery as yer left chasing ghosts that's don't exist, breathe ahhhhhh.... :rolleyes: Anyone using this new version??
    Last time I used it was down with Jog and without saying much he disconnected it after trying to balance her and used his own, nuff said.
    Sent an email to the lads in Belfast about it. Suppose I could balance in pairs but I'm a stubborn soab and tbh I've lost faith in it.
    Gona get *some* miles in on the bb if possible this summer and want her creamy smooth.
    Is it same as this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkm1YurSR24
    says it can be cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Make one out of PVC aquarium pipe and ATF fluid.
    https://www.instructables.com/DIY-DualTriple-or-Quad-Carburetor-Sync-Tool/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Strip the carb-tune and give it a clean, give the rods a spray of PTFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Thanks lads for the suggestions, I'd assumed they were all calibrated individually and were not user serviceable:rolleyes:
    Actually they all must be individually calibrated if sprung individually, the loctite bolts on the threaded rods end will be that then. Will give the rods and tubes a clean and see how bouncy they are, no4 was pretty unresponsive. Before pulling the carbs again I was chasing my tail.

hdr.jpg
    Hast moved in bloody ages, months of dust on her.

hdr.jpg
    Bits

IMG-20210224-185903.jpg
    Culprit.

IMG-20210224-190720.jpg
    Cleaned em all and given a very light polish. Carbs are immaculate really, slight varnish in the bowls but clean as a whistle especially after a desk top cleaning and blow through. No float heights to set on these babies. If float height is wrong you replace valve and float! Gotta love Honda lol. Still and all it's a reassuring unmovable base line as standard, I've had to bend more float tangs on the mikunis than I care to remember.

oznorMB.jpg
    23 years, 7k miles and carbs don't mix so all new Honda valves in, expensive bastards at 127 quid delivered for 4 of these (cmsnl dearer but quicker than megazip) but I ain't fookin about with spurious, lessons were learnt over the years on the Suzukis.

IMG-20210224-194643.jpg
    Ready to rock, will reinstall tomo with new irridiums, drain the tank and fit the new honda tap and diaphragm for further peace of mind.
    Will pull the shyte old n hard Dunlops off her shortly, maybe fit some bt's, always like em on my old bb. Don't like the roadsmarts profile, too pointy and I've raised the rear already with the shock.
    Can't wait for a sunny day to give the big ol pokey bitch the kickin she deserves.

Thought I'd electrify you further...

IMG-20210225-135843.jpg
    Slightest bit of schmoo on the rods, clean now and is workind as grand as they ever did. Prefer my old ones tbh.

IMG-20210225-165650.jpg

Screenshot-20210225-185207-com-huawei-himovie-overseas.jpg
    That'll do pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

H_Lime wrote: »
    Thought I'd electrify you further...

IMG-20210225-135843.jpg
    Slightest bit of schmoo on the rods, clean now and is workind as grand as they ever did. Prefer my old ones tbh.

IMG-20210225-165650.jpg

Screenshot-20210225-185207-com-huawei-himovie-overseas.jpg
    That'll do pig.
    Don't think you will get any closer than that :-)

IMG-20210227-142716.jpg
    Installed the new Petcock diaphragm kit, surprised it didn't come with the o ring for the Petcock until I realised there was no need to remove it. Either way I wanted to check the screen so she was coming off.

IMG-20210227-171526.jpg
    Faint wang of juice above and beyond what is normal so dusted the underside and sure enough that'll be the o ring I reused.

IMG-20210301-121936.jpg
    1.9 x 20.6mm is oem, which needless to say is oddball but abbeyseals had 21 x 2 nitrile which is doing the job fine.

Took her for a blast and by christ its going like a scalded cat. Fuelling is as it should be and the pull from it is deliciously excessive, well for me at least. New hoops next.

Advertisement