Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you got something for €2.50 would it still €2 off and you'd only be paying 50c? :pac::pac:

Yep.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

€2 off next shop for me just now.
    Ive had 2 €5 off €25 since it started. Is it a once a month thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Choc chip cookies in the latest scratch card for me

Cookies for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Leaving lidl have 24 7 access to my data in exchange for a fiver off, ya good one.

that's not how app permissions work in modern OSes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

amber2 wrote: »
    €2 off anything you purchase, they actually deducted a % off every item shown on your receipt.

What sort of fresh madness is this by Lidl? Why don't they just deduct it as a coupon at the end of the bill? Weird way of doing it.

Also, has VAT been reduced? why does Lidl have % off a lot of products?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

vicwatson wrote: »
    What sort of fresh madness is this by Lidl? Why don't they just deduct it as a coupon at the end of the bill? Weird way of doing it.

Vat reduction. Seeing a lot of products priced down, nice they pass it onto the consumer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair play to them. What have the other supermarkets done, passed on the VAT saving or pocketed it for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,417 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's been mentioned many times in the thread, but it's so that if you return something, you get refunded the price you actually paid for it rather than the full price. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

They've added KitKats to the offers this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Lidl have millions of orange labels all over the shop showing the reductions from the vat rate change.
    They've added a 2nd type of chorizo too, if u activated the first version this change will have de activated it so Click it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d imagine it makes refunds more straightforward and less open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Here's next weeks:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fascinating desktop revelation dowtchaboy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

zell12 wrote: »

I’d be twitchy having so many browser tabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

zell12 wrote: »
    Yeah I've gone a bit rusty on desktops in recent years. Couldn't remember how to crop the screenshot, and forgot how clunky uploading photos to Boards was.
    I did check the tabs though just in case something that would haunt me forever was up there but it's really boring, isn't it? Just as well Tumblr cleaned it self up a year or two ago!
    I picked up this Mac for €200 and use it just to play music, run Plex, and browse the net (the screen is just so much better than cheap PC ones, and it's sooo quiet.) Used to be Macs were the dog's for ripping DVDs and stuff but that's easier on my PC these days. I lost patience with Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm sure it's been asked already, and apologies if so, too much to read through all the posts to find it.

Do you check in your items and scan the app when it's time to pay, or do you have to scan the app before any items are checked through? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Corholio wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been asked already, and apologies if so, too much to read through all the posts to find it.

Do you check in your items and scan the app when it's time to pay, or do you have to scan the app before any items are checked through?

In my experience

At a till tell the cashier you want to scan your app before any items are checked out

At self service, scan an item in, then scan your app

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d be twitchy having so many browser tabs

Similar to mine about 15 years ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In my experience

At a till tell the cashier you want to scan your app before any items are checked out

At self service, scan an item in, then scan your app
    Always been scan after everything run through for me..

.. no sign of loo roll or Chorizo in my local today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Hi folks, trying to download this but states not available in my country?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭paska

commited wrote: »

its a blue icon with Lidl, Plus in the icon. You could be selecting the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

I saw on HUKD that it just launched in the UK. Some people were reporting a similar issue and they were asked by others if they used a VPN. If they did they told them to disable it and then try again. If you use a VPN maybe try disable it temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Corholio wrote: »

Do you check in your items and scan the app when it's time to pay, or do you have to scan the app before any items are checked through? Thanks.

I just scan mine once everything is rung through, before I pay.

Stupid question, but are you in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just bought 5 of the items on the current list. Saved €7.87. Nice.

The only other thing I bought were pastel de nata 3 for €2, so nothing was full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

If you are having problems downloading from the Play Store then this worked for me.

https://apkcombo.com/lidl-plus/com.lidl.eci.lidlplus/

You will select your country during setup. Used it and got all discounts and scratch cards

Won the chocolate chip cookies on the scratch card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Wheety wrote: »
    Just bought 5 of the items on the current list. Saved €7.87. Nice.

The only other thing I bought were pastel de nata 3 for €2, so nothing was full price.

The pack of 6 pastel de nata are even nicer and great value at 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is the coffee offer ground coffee or full beans? It has a picture of full beans on the packet but I think its actually ground?

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    The pack of 6 pastel de nata are even nicer and great value at 2.99
    I forgot they were in as the staycation promotion. Bought the ones from the bakery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Seems to be 50c off next purchase as the prize this week on scratchcard

Advertisement