Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Explain your username

• 03-07-2020 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

What's the origin of yours or the reason for choosing it?
    I chose mine when watching Father Ted and was struggling to think of one.

I'm particularly intrigued by Leg End Reject. Want to enlighten me?? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I was watching Only Fools and Horses, then went to the bathroom where I saw the bath then saw a gate when passing a window on the way back to the sitting room.

Hence Rodney Bathgate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I'm a plumber who gave great hand jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You fancy Leggers and think this is a more subtle approach than a PM?

Can't remember how I came up with my username, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

4 of us used this username at the beginning. About 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It doesn't mean anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

The aston villa player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

I'm a nudist 11 months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You fancy Leggers and think this is a more subtle approach than a PM?

Can't remember how I came up with my username, TBH

It's a pity the reality is much less enigmatic!

A random name generator asked me to pick 2 from different headings and came up with Legend Reject.

At the time Leg End seemed like a better idea. No, I've no idea why now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

It's a pity the reality is much less enigmatic!

A random name generator asked me to pick 2 from different headings and came up with Legend Reject.

At the time Leg End seemed like a better idea. No, I've no idea why now either.

So nothing to do with kicking away amorous men with your legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

So nothing to do with kicking away amorous men with your legs :D

No! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

As I awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, I found myself transformed in my bed into a gigantic insect. I was lying on my hard - as it were armor-plated - back, and when I lifted my head a little I could see my dome-like brown belly divided into stiff arched segments on top of which the bed quilt could hardly keep in position, and was about to slide off completely. My numerous legs, which were pitifully thin compared to the rest of my bulk, waved helplessly before my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

From the start of the black eyed peas song Boom boom pow. It was always on the radio and it always sound like he was saying Gottagetgatt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Sure I'm just a nobody in the vast world of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

3_Andy_Warhol_Shoe_of_the_Evening_Beautiful_Shoe_ca_1955_AWF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I got mine as I started off life in England and lived in the same place as the man himself. I don't agree with him politically or anything but my friends call me his name as an joking insult so I just switched some letters around and here we are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I stole the idea from someone else

appalling pun on snoop doggy dogg back in my yahoo days shortened for convenience sake in my latter day internet handles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tom Clancy Splinter Cell games on Xbox (back in the day)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

On a slightly related tangent, I like these threads as down the years there have been many users here whose names I read and processed but only when they were explained (or enunciated myself) that I got the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Close to my actual name so nothing mad but had an older account with a terrible name and it got lost forever thank fook so reinvented!

• Advertisement

As I awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, I found myself transformed in my bed into a gigantic insect. I was lying on my hard - as it were armor-plated - back, and when I lifted my head a little I could see my dome-like brown belly divided into stiff arched segments on top of which the bed quilt could hardly keep in position, and was about to slide off completely. My numerous legs, which were pitifully thin compared to the rest of my bulk, waved helplessly before my eyes.

Completely unrelated, but a few years ago I had a go at translating it from the German text into English to see how it stacked up against the translations I'd read.

Funny to remember that. It didn't go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Dizzee rascal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

It's the truth.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Paging Matt Barrett...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Its a fabulous story that I would love to tell you but I can't right now as I've Gone Drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I... erm... I ate one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Mine's a Guided By Voices song

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I await the anagram from Lana.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Guess where I'm from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 protectyaneck

That was me being nice and giving you a chance to delete it yourself, btw. It's out of my hands now.

Wow

Advertisement