Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It looks like the lower limit collection of €6 is gone. When the Value of goods including transport & insurance is less than €22 there is no VAT collection.

Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

whiterebel wrote: »
    It looks like the lower limit collection of €6 is gone. When the Value of goods including transport & insurance is less than €22 there is no VAT collection.

Revenue

Doh, Amazon put 2 items totaling 24 euro in 1 parcel. Lets see how it goes.

Revenue

Did you see example 1 there? They seem to imply a 10 euro charge even on something which is below €22 with no vat collection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

spix wrote: »
    Did you see example 1 there? They seem to imply a 10 euro charge even on something which is below €22 with no vat collection.

Just an example I would think. They don't dictate who charges. Besides AN Post seem to be down to €3.50 now.

Just an example I would think. They don't dictate who charges. Besides AN Post seem to be down to €3.50 now.

They could do a bit better on the example...there has never been a handling fee if below vat threshold but they are implying the €17 order will total €27.

I think anpost reduced to 3.50 due to upcoming changes where vat will be charged on everything even those under €22, as it would be a bit ridiculous for something that cost €5 to have a €10 handling charge on top of vat.

It does say on their website though that the handling fee is 1% up to max of €10, before the new year it was definitely a €10 flat rate. Info provided is all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

just paid the customs charge but will certainly be following up on this, it shouldnt be the fault of the consumer if address pal have delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

just paid the customs charge but will certainly be following up on this, it shouldnt be the fault of the consumer if address pal have delays.

No chance if the goods arrived in Ireland on or after Jan 1 , Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

Revenue

This is a reply back to my email from REVENUE Customs Division.

Whiterebel
    You may have to go and change your bold statements in all the threads.

Hi,

My understanding is that this is still the position but this will be removed from 1 July 2021.

I trust this information will be of benefit.

Regards

Trader Outreach Team

Brexit Unit

This is a reply back to my email from REVENUE Customs Division.

Whiterebel
    You may have to go and change your bold statements in all the threads.

Hi,

My understanding is that this is still the position but this will be removed from 1 July 2021.

I trust this information will be of benefit.

Regards

Trader Outreach Team

Brexit Unit

Judging from the amount of examples of less than €6 being collected , this isn't that they are doing on the ground. Notice the way they cover themselves with "My understanding...."
    By the way, back seat modding isn't appreciated on any forum, just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

Judging from the amount of examples of less than €6 being collected , this isn't that they are doing on the ground. Notice the way they cover themselves with "My understanding...."
    By the way, back seat modding isn't appreciated on any forum, just FYI.

If you have any other problems contact Revenue. I will keep the facts to myself. You are doing a great job as a moderator by the way.

If anybody wants actual real advise they can PM me.

A thanks would of done, but you think you are right always even though revenue confirmed I am.

What's next you going to ban me.

• Advertisement

If you have any other problems contact Revenue. I will keep the facts to myself. You are doing a great job as a moderator by the way.

If anybody wants actual real advise they can PM me.

A thanks would of done, but you think you are right always even though revenue confirmed I am.

What's next you going to ban me.

Go back to your thread in the Consumer Issues thread. Customs seem to be changing the goalpost. And yes, I will ban you if you keep it up with the backseat modding.

I am not posting across 2 threads as I said in the Consumer Issues thread.
    I advised you to go back to that thread as it seems Customs have changed the links that you provided.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

spix wrote: »
    It does say on their website though that the handling fee is 1% up to max of €10, before the new year it was definitely a €10 flat rate. Info provided is all over the place.
    If that's on the An Post website, it's a typo, as the An Post fee has always been 1% of customs value, with a MINIMUM fee of €10. (Edit: I see now that it is. It must be a recent change as it wasn't there last time I checked.)

I'm assuming it's now changed to 1% of customs value, with a minimum fee of €3.50 but it's impossible to know for sure as the An Post website is so atrocious. For instance, anpost.ie/customs tells me absolutely nothing about customs! (You have to know to go to anpost.com/customs instead).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

My package delivered to USA addresspal on 11 Jan . Still no email confirmed processing and tracking. Are they're any alternatives in the same cost bracket that provide a similar service but not so slow to ireland? I've got stuff from ali express china quicker this year than this item I ordered in the states.

Car99 wrote: »
    My package delivered to USA addresspal on 11 Jan . Still no email confirmed processing and tracking. Are they're any alternatives in the same cost bracket that provide a similar service but not so slow to ireland? I've got stuff from ali express china quicker this year than this item I ordered in the states.

My 14 kg Package was delivered the same day , I got Tracking info on the 16th , Latest update was the 18th saying "Your post has left An Post NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"

Last Monday was a US Public Holiday but its slow , Remember there is only a handful of Trans Atlantic flights each day compared to 30 or so pre pandemic so delays are expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone ever get a refund from addresspal if theyve lostvyour parcel? If so, how did it go? Im waiting since october for a refund and anytime i get through to someone its all false promises of how theyre dealin wit it

TimHorton wrote: »
    My 14 kg Package was delivered the same day , I got Tracking info on the 16th , Latest update was the 18th saying "Your post has left An Post NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"

Last Monday was a US Public Holiday but its slow , Remember there is only a handful of Trans Atlantic flights each day compared to 30 or so pre pandemic so delays are expected.

Just got the email "Customs charge due to be paid , Hi Customer,
    You are receiving this email as your item has arrived into Ireland from outside the EU and therefore Irish Revenue have applied Customs charges."

Duly Paid and expect delivery in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athasselabbey

Anyone ever get a refund from addresspal if theyve lostvyour parcel? If so, how did it go? Im waiting since october for a refund and anytime i get through to someone its all false promises of how theyre dealin wit it

They lost one on me in October too, and after many many emails and countless phone calls to anpost and addresspal I eventually got refunded, just keep calling them and emailing, I know it's torture, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

They lost one on me in October too, and after many many emails and countless phone calls to anpost and addresspal I eventually got refunded, just keep calling them and emailing, I know it's torture, best of luck

Did they refund you the full value ? Was it below the €100 limit they mention on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athasselabbey

AmyMay wrote: »
    Did they refund you the full value ? Was it below the €100 limit they mention on their site?

It was a fitbit sense that cost 250 euro so they refunded 200, that's the maximum they refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

It was a fitbit sense that cost 250 euro so they refunded 200, that's the maximum they refund

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunate you ended up out of pocket, but fair play to you for getting anything off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Are parcel wizard still offerin the same service or anyone else doin it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just talking to xxxxxxx in An Post Greenogue in Dublin.
    She says that apparently there are approx. 30k Addresspal items stuck in Greenogue at the moment, the vast majority of them Addresspal UK items (though there are some US items in the mix too), because of an IT failure between An Post and Customs and Excise, which means they have no idea what items have had their customs charges paid, what items owe VAT and what items are exempt.
    They're working on it at the moment, but with no eta on a resolution.
    System has been down for 4-5 days so far.
    Items that were delivered this week- were processed prior to systems issues.

Note: Greenogue is a brandnew facility brought online by An Post to deal with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭tiegan

She says that apparently there are approx. 30k Addresspal items stuck in Greenogue at the moment, the vast majority of them Addresspal UK items (though there are some US items in the mix too), because of an IT failure between An Post and Customs and Excise, which means they have no idea what items have had their customs charges paid, what items owe VAT and what items are exempt.

Note: Greenogue is a brandnew facility brought online by An Post to deal with Brexit.
    Well thanks for that, I have first hand experience. Paid my duty last Friday, still up in Dublin.

22 January 2021 15:50

Your delivery has been sorted in STORAGE WAREHOUSE, DUBLIN

19 January 2021 12:33

We have your delivery in STORAGE WAREHOUSE, DUBLIN

15 January 2021 08:30

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

15 January 2021 08:29

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

15 January 2021 01:40

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

15 January 2021 01:34

12 January 2021 19:41

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

I've a Addresspal USA parcel waiting in Greenigue for over a week and still waiting for customs to get back to me regarding their overcharging customs bill.

paulie1983 wrote: »
    I've a Addresspal USA parcel waiting in Greenigue for over a week and still waiting for customs to get back to me regarding their overcharging customs bill.

Have you paid what they asked ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Here is mine........ (and yes, customs, VAT and carriage all paid)

22 January 2021 11:58

21 January 2021 12:23

20 January 2021 10:26

19 January 2021 13:30

18 January 2021 13:49

17 January 2021 12:23

16 January 2021 10:26

15 January 2021 13:30

14 January 2021 13:49

07 January 2021 11:10

Your post has left An Post NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

07 January 2021 11:10

Your delivery has left our handling partner in NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

05 January 2021 09:00

We have your post in NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

TimHorton wrote: »
    Have you paid what they asked ?

No I won't charging me 21% on twice the value when it should be 9 % instead.

It just keeps getting worse...what a disaster.
    Wonder how this affects the deadline on paying the customs bill before parcel returned to sender?

• Advertisement

paulie1983 wrote: »

Is it the anpost email you used? Anytime I emailed them previously during more normal times, I'd get no response or they'd come back to me after 3 weeks apologizing for the delay. There is no way they can handle this kind of volume, doubt anyone is even reading them. Just pay and then go after the refund, to avoid them returning the parcel to sender. I know it would be ridiculous for them to do so when the charges are wrong and not replying within an acceptable amount of time, but can't put anything past them to be honest.

Advertisement