Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Markitron wrote: »
    Think there might be a problem with my dualsense, the right trigger seems to require less pressure and is very sensitive. Think someone else on the thread may have had this problem before too

I wonder down the line will that be a problem with the controller for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I wonder down the line will that be a problem with the controller for people.

If it was in any way common the internet would have been up in arms about it, I'm just gonna put it down to a random launch defect. I'd rather the controller be faulty than the machine.

I wonder if I can get Smyths to replace it easily enough. I'll fire them off an email and see what the crack is. I'm obviously not gonna return the console so hopefully they can just replace the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Spooch

If it was in any way common the internet would have been up in arms about it, I'm just gonna put it down to a random launch defect. I'd rather the controller be faulty than the machine.

I wonder if I can get Smyths to replace it easily enough. I'll fire them off an email and see what the crack is. I'm obviously not gonna return the console so hopefully they can just replace the controller

My R2 button packed it in a few weeks ago. Was told by Gamestop they can't do anything while under level 5 and to try Sony directly. Still waiting for an email response

Spooch wrote: »
    My R2 button packed it in a few weeks ago. Was told by Gamestop they can't do anything while under level 5 and to try Sony directly. Still waiting for an email response

I could swear someone on this thread had their controller replaced

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I could swear someone on this thread had their controller replaced

They did indeed, I think it was with smyths aswell. Didnt have to bring back the entire console.

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    They did indeed, I think it was with smyths aswell. Didnt have to bring back the entire console.

Grand, I am not going crazy, gonna dig out that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Started playing Uncharted 4 again. After 2 months of 60 fps games it seems like it runs at the framerate of a PowerPoint presentation.

Maybe the PC master race were correct all along?

Have I just become a massive prick?

I noticed this last night playing TLOU2 for the first time. It was annoying at first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grand, I am not going crazy, gonna dig out that post.

Heres one post of replacement but its not the post im thinking about.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115591512&postcount=1612

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Do you have enough free storage? I know it sounds silly but that's exactly the problem I had. Multiplayer and zombies was downloaded as well as part 1 of the campaign but I had no space to download parts 2 and 3 and the error that popped was vague, not referencing the storage.

No issues with Sky Go for me and I'm on wireless connection.

Is it possible uninstall multi player and zombies and just keep the campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep. If you go to storage in the PS5 settings menu and select games, there's a small icon to the right of the games which breaks out the constituent parts of some games. Not many utilise it but Black Ops does.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I noticed this last night playing TLOU2 for the first time. It was annoying at first.
    I have been holding off playing TLOU2 in the hopes of a 60fps patch. I'd be klcking myself if I play through it now and then a patch is announced straight after.

It doesn't reflect well on Naughty Dog that Days Gone and Ghosts of Tushima can both have a 60fps patch ready for the PS5 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I have been holding off playing TLOU2 in the hopes of a 60fps patch. I'd be klcking myself if I play through it now and then a patch is announced straight after.

It doesn't reflect well on Naughty Dog that Days Gone and Ghosts of Tushima can both have a 60fps patch ready for the PS5 launch.

I can see ND waiting for a ps5 Re release, fullwhack price, and that'll be at 60fps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Does anyone have discount codes for the playstation store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Kimbot wrote: »
    Heres one post of replacement but its not the post im thinking about.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115591512&postcount=1612

Yeah, that was me. There was also someone here who didn’t need to replace the whole thing and got a new controller in the box.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, that was me. There was also someone here who didn’t need to replace the whole thing and got a new controller in the box.

That would be the ideal scenario anyway. It’s not a massive problem, I can live with it until lockdown is over. Sure I will see what Smyths come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My brother in Japan has finally managed to get Xmas presents over to us and while he's a massive fan of the souls series, every attempt he's given me to get into it has failed......And now he's got me the PS5 Demon Souls Remake :D

He's probably right that the lack of options on the console will probably push me towards this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Resident Evil Maiden demo available today

duploelabs wrote: »
    Resident Evil Maiden demo available today

It's only about 15 mins long and doesn't involve any actual gameplay as such, but it sets the scene for the game very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PS app, as improved as it is, is still a bit of a nightmare when it comes to buying games. Tried buying Death Stranding there and being sent on a "sign in" loop when I try to. Odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's only about 15 mins long and doesn't involve any actual gameplay as such, but it sets the scene for the game very well.

Ah, there's at least half an hour of 'exploring' a mansion in eastern europe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

No discount codes then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Shane732 wrote: »
    No discount codes then?

I've not seen a PSN discount code email, personally speaking, in about 2 years, back when I was buying more games so I suppose I was more 'worthy' of it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Enjoyed Days Gone on PS4 but didn't complete it. Got to the second map. Just fired it up on PS5 and boy is it pretty with the upgrade. Awesome.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Enjoyed Days Gone on PS4 but didn't complete it. Got to the second map. Just fired it up on PS5 and boy is it pretty with the upgrade. Awesome.

I played it on the Pro when it came out, I want to replay NG+ on the PS5 but I just can't get it to recognise my save game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Glico Man wrote: »
    I've not seen a PSN discount code email, personally speaking, in about 2 years, back when I was buying more games so I suppose I was more 'worthy' of it then.

yeah I think Sony have stopped doing discount codes altogether. It used to be the US store that would send discount codes randomly in emails and the Indonesia store did it sometimes last year too. All regions now share the same sales with some differences in content the odd time so they can't really do the discount codes for one region and leave the others as you'll probably get people giving out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I played it on the Pro when it came out, I want to replay NG+ on the PS5 but I just can't get it to recognise my save game.

I downloaded my PS4 save from cloud storage. It wasn't there initially, even though I 'overwrote' my save when downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Downloaded the free trial of resident evil. Got as far as the main hall. I'm man enough to say that's enough for me. Stunning looking game but sorry my nerves can't take those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Berty wrote: »
    Downloaded the free trial of resident evil. Got as far as the main hall. I'm man enough to say that's enough for me. Stunning looking game but sorry my nerves can't take those games.

Haha I've downloaded it but I've the same fear about starting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's 16 minutes, 5 if you speed run it. Awesome demo and I can't wait for the full thing!

For anyone looking for extra ****yourpantsness, lights off and headphones on. The sounds are incredible.

Advertisement