Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of starting classes...

• 05-09-2010 4:00pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of starting beginners classes to help improve my flexibility, I'm fairly active, I hillwalk,kayak and surf regularly but I've never been very flexible(can't touch my toes without bending my knees), I'm afraid my lack of suppleness could result in an injury someday. Would yoga be a good way to counteract this and improve my flexibility? or would i end up just injuring myself trying to do the yoga poses? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Yoga would definitely help you, imo. A good teacher should be able to spot what poses prove more difficult for you, and suggest modifications as necessary. You should never force your body into a pose: accepting your limitations is a part of yoga. You'd be amazed at what you can do after a few months of regular practice!

Happy bending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ivy tilsley

^ Exactly what Hermione said.

A good instructor will always give you modifications if you let them know of any injuries. I took up yoga because of a bad knee and it's been very helpful.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks guys :)
    Hermione* wrote: »

Happy bending!

Teee Hee :P

Advertisement