Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phonak Lyric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I wonder how the ear copes with wax accumulation? When you first get a new set of aids it seems to take a while to get used to them and can cause a small amount of irritation for a little while till they 'settle in', I am not sure I would like aids as a (semi) permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

€4,000 every year? where you purchasing from

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

€4,000 every year? where you purchasing from

You don't buy the hearing aids, you pay an annual subscription for a service and every 3 months you go to their practice and have the old aids removed and new ones put in.

Audi Lab hearing practice in Sutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Because Lyric is placed in the ear canal near the eardrum by a trained professional
    Does it then stay there for the entire time? Because personally speaking, couldn't do that. Ears can get waxy as it is; 24/7 hearing aids would cause me bad issues.

Also, how do they handle water pressure, if swimming?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

the_syco wrote: »
    Does it then stay there for the entire time? Because personally speaking, couldn't do that. Ears can get waxy as it is; 24/7 hearing aids would cause me bad issues.

Also, how do they handle water pressure, if swimming?

You wear an ear plugs when swimming. Yeah, they stay in 24/7 and are changed every couple of months by the practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    You wear an ear plugs when swimming. Yeah, they stay in 24/7 and are changed every couple of months by the practice.
    Oh hell no. I'd get wax issues within no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

How are you finding them please , I have just booked an appointment and really hope they will help .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 danielsk

did you get those aids? How do you like them? I've checked lost pf reviews on lyric hearing aid and seems to me that those aids are the best on the market at the moment. Would really like to know your opinion on this one. I will talk with my audiologist about different hearing aid options, still would like to be prepared.

Post edited by danielsk on

Advertisement