Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swimming Pools in Hotels Might Reopen on 29 June

• 14-06-2020 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭

The Sunday Times reports here (paywall):

- Swim Ireland says some hotel pools could reopen in phase three of the government roadmap on June 29, even though swimming pools and leisure centre facilities have been placed in phase four on July 20.
    - 50% reduction in capacity in pools, and a two-metre distance must be maintained between swimmers.
    - No lessons.
    - Lockers closed. Where are we supposed to keep valuables???
    - Some changing rooms closed. Where are we supposed to get changed after? Toilets?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

No chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JTMan wrote: »

- Swim Ireland says some hotel pools could reopen in phase three of the government roadmap on June 29, even though swimming pools and leisure centre facilities have been placed in phase four on July 20.
    - 50% reduction in capacity in pools, and a two-metre distance must be maintained between swimmers.
    - No lessons.
    - Lockers closed. Where are we supposed to keep valuables???
    - Some changing rooms closed. Where are we supposed to get changed after? Toilets?

Tow floats and dry robes will be the order of the day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Has anyone seen a pool post up about reopening yet, just wondering what its going to look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Won't be that much help to them anyway, people still can't leave their county in this upcoming phase?
    (Unless I've missed something in the news)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Won't be that much help to them anyway, people still can't leave their county in this upcoming phase?

Was just looking to see what pools were doing , we have swimming pools in my county so its ok :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

From phase 3 (i.e. 29 June 2020), you can travel anywhere in Ireland. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

dashoonage wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a pool post up about reopening yet, just wondering what its going to look like.

Public pool in Dunmanway Co. Cork

517620.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gali_ll

dashoonage wrote: »

The Mespil Pool in Dublin is re-opening with an online booking system -

https://www.mespilpool.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28,071 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any idea when this is going to happen, can't see any mention of it. I'm dumfounded water safety isn't a major priority with the stay at home summer, I really need to start giving the kids lessons again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mime haven't swum since last March.I know Swim Ireland are pushing swim lessons to be allowed as they are a life skill (above gymnastics, to my mind, which is allowed...) but there is still no sound on it.It's very annoying.I swim myself and I can't see any mention of pools any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,071 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mine the same it's over a year since any of us have been in the pool and it was at least once a week until then, had them in the ocean most of the summer but only paddling I'd feel a lot better if they had the basics mastered which they should have at this stage.
    Not into ocean swimming myself just rather mess around in the waves with a little swimming.
    Seems to be no risk in chlorinated pools don't understand why they're not open, I'd be concerned at everyone piling into the sea this summer with little experience.

Advertisement