Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time learning

• 05-06-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello ,

I'm looking for some advice on obtaining a BEng (level 8 ) degree in civil engineering on a part time basis or with distance learning. I am currently working with an ordinary degree (level 7 ) but I cannot apply for a higher grade position with out the level 8 degree . Could anyone out there share any of their experiences on gaining the level 8 degree such as where they completed it and how was the course content etc overall. I live in the North West of the country . Thanks for any replies . . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Pete12011 wrote: »
    I live in the North West of the country . Thanks for any replies . . . .

Have you looked at IT Sligo? They offer a load of part-time/distance/online courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pete12011

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Have you looked at IT Sligo? They offer a load of part-time/distance/online courses.

Hi Tom , thanks for reply , ya I have looked at Sligo IT ,, unfortunately they don't do any part time civil engineering level 8 courses . Might try and go down the route of the open university Ireland , they have a part time add on BEng in civil , 2 years part time . . .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Pete12011 wrote: »
    Hi Tom , thanks for reply , ya I have looked at Sligo IT ,, unfortunately they don't do any part time civil engineering level 8 courses . Might try and go down the route of the open university Ireland , they have a part time add on BEng in civil , 2 years part time . . .

I'm going into my fifth year studying languages part-time with the OU. It's great but you need to be disciplined.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement