Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Military Vehicles

• 22-08-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

IS there any club in this country for those interested in military vehicles?
    I found the IMVG but there website appears to be in-active.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

thethedev wrote: »

You'd want to talk to PanhardPL, he'll tell you all about it
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This is my babe :)

2e4jmhi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

lovely bike run to the hills,

more pics?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

thethedev wrote: »

The Military Vehicle Club of Ireland can be contacted at
    robin@camden-deluxe.ie. Robin Payne is the Club Secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

Hello, I am the secretary of the Military Vehicle Club of Ireland our new website is www.mvci.piczo.com ,or contact me at robin@camden-deluxe.ie ,you might have a look also at www.activearmour2.piczo.com regards Robin Payne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Salute Show run by the IMVG up in National Show Centre Swords next weekend. MVCI show in the Curragh was a couple of months ago, quite a lively military vehicle and re-enactment scene here and up north now. Plenty of shows, some of the bigger vintage rallies have military sections as well.

Myself and a couple of others attend anything going to get out of the house, away from the wife etc no matter who runs it:D Off to Knisale the week after Salute and Kilbeggan in three weeks time.

What have you got and where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

This is my babe :)

2e4jmhi.jpg

Nice.
    BSA M20?
    Nearly broke my leg trying to kick start one of those when I was a young fella.
    500cc single. It backfired, kicked back through kick start and nearly sent me over the hedge:D
    I knew a guy 20 years ago, in Sutton, Dublin, who had 3 or 4 road worthy examples and enough bits to make about 3 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

101sean wrote: »
    Salute Show run by the IMVG up in National Show Centre Swords next weekend. MVCI show in the Curragh was a couple of months ago, quite a lively military vehicle and re-enactment scene here and up north now. Plenty of shows, some of the bigger vintage rallies have military sections as well.

Myself and a couple of others attend anything going to get out of the house, away from the wife etc no matter who runs it:D Off to Knisale the week after Salute and Kilbeggan in three weeks time.

What have you got and where are you?

Im in Cork and I aint got nothing! Im just interested in them.
    I love Unimogs, Foward control Landrovers, UAZs, Zil 6x6s that kinda thing.

Hifive wrote: »
    Nice.
    BSA M20?
    Nearly broke my leg trying to kick start one of those when I was a young fella.
    500cc single. It backfired, kicked back through kick start and nearly sent me over the hedge:D
    I knew a guy 20 years ago, in Sutton, Dublin, who had 3 or 4 road worthy examples and enough bits to make about 3 more.
    I had four of them at one time during the early 90ies, regretfully down to just two now. One military and the other civilian.

Used them as a workhorse from 1982 right up until the mid 90ies. They are now retired and stuck in a corner because of a bad back and going jap.

nfci8.j

mmrev4.jpg

b47rsw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Im in Cork and I aint got nothing! Im just interested in them.
    I love Unimogs, Foward control Landrovers, UAZs, Zil 6x6s that kinda thing

Robin Payne was selling a Mog a while back. Worth keeping an eye on www.milweb.net for what's available and at what cost :eek:

If you are at a show, talk to some of the owners. Just searched and realised that the Kiinsale show is same weekend as Salute ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

hello ,did I hear my name ,I have sold a 1969 Unimog 404s ,I will have for sale very shortly a 1959 lhd SUMB Marmon Simca canvas rere in good condition 4.2l Ford flat head engine with twin 100l LPG tanks and all the plumbing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

nfci8.j
    Sorry to hijack,but that bug rings a bell...Think its black now

Sorry to hijack,but that bug rings a bell...Think its black now
    Where is it?

My mum drove that thing for a few years.

Where is it?

Cork as far as i know,it was featured in volksworld a few months back if its the same car.Its a 67 isnt it?

Where is it?

Here we go..took ages to find the pics on eircooled..its some car now,the guy who owns it spent five years restoring it.

1fb44c7a.jpg

OliverODonovans67Bug-2007cc1.jpg

Again,sorry for the thread hijack

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

i owned that car in the mid 80,ies ,bought it in bray for £40 ha ha

dutchcat wrote: »
    Haha..its worth more a small bit more than that now!!Any pics of her when you had her?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

somewhere,it was beige odd model with 5 stud wheels,flat hubcaps,odd door handles etc bit like the one i have now a 71 with blade bumpers,upright head lamps with horn grills, no fuel gauge,one sunvisor weird:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

who did you buy it off?
    I'm in bray, might know them :)

3nero wrote: »
    who did you buy it off?
    I'm in bray, might know them :)
    I know that guy, pushing on a bit now, he still has a good few old cars in a shed.
    somewhere,it was beige odd model with 5 stud wheels,flat hubcaps,odd door handles etc bit like the one i have now a 71 with blade bumpers,upright head lamps with horn grills, no fuel gauge,one sunvisor weird:confused:
    Yours dosn't have the characters of night night.

Ill give you e500 for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I had four of them at one time during the early 90ies, regretfully down to just two now. One military and the other civilian.

Used them as a workhorse from 1982 right up until the mid 90ies. They are now retired and stuck in a corner because of a bad back and going jap.

nfci8.j

mmrev4.jpg

b47rsw.jpg

Are you selling any of the m20, now that you are retired:D

I had , c11,c10l,c15,s,starfires, nortons,triumphs, the whole shebang. Down to a suzuki 800 intruder, and a beetle now. If you are selling any let me know, i might be interested.

kadman

Advertisement