Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithuanian or Russian TV in Ireland

• 29-06-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine is married to a girl from Lithuania.
    I was wondering if there are any Lithuanian or Russian tv channels available FTA that could be received on an 80cm dish in Ireland ?
    Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

A friend of mine is married to a girl from Lithuania.
    I was wondering if there are any Lithuanian or Russian tv channels available FTA that could be received on an 80cm dish in Ireland ?
    Any tips appreciated.

Lots of Free Russian TV
    http://www.flysat.com/tv-ru.php

Only 1 Lithuanian channel
    http://www.flysat.com/tv-lt.php

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Smeagol wrote: »
    Lay off M8.
    I did use search and had read that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

LTV is OK down here on a 1.2M. It would be easier to receive as you go north and east, but an 80cm might still be a bit of a struggle.

Many of the Russian channels on that link are difficult/impossible on an 80cm - anything on C-band, east of 60E or transmitted in MPEG4 requiring a HD receiver. The ones on Hotbird are OK. Those on 53E Express AM22 are also OK although some receivers (e.g Technomates) choke on the high symbol rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cheers Zaphod,very informative.
    Looks like LTV is a no go so as the location is in Cork.
    Will give Hotbird a go though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Well there is always Russia Today.... Not in Russian, but all about it...

http://www.russiatoday.ru/

EuroBird 1 (28.5E) - 11623.00 - H - 27500 2/3

MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Isnt there not a load of Ukraine/Russian channels on 5 east.Encoded and unencoded.Granted where i am(next door to there) beam is v strong, but dosent it spill as far as Ireland?
    4west is good but thats a 4m dish i expect over there.

And that Russian Channel1 on hotbird.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I can't can't 53E here but on 5E (1.1m dish).

Though my own house might be blocking LOS? 42E is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Lots of stuff on 5 and 13, which are easily received here. She should ask members of her own community etc. Any I know are well clued in as to what's available. The Russian national broadcaster is in the clear for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭karl200607

Ltv world has recently appeared on 12.380 H 27500 3/4 on the europe bss beam on sirius so should be an easy enough catch on an 80cm in most of ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

You can get Russia today a FTA news channel on Sky channel 516.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roketka

Hi Everyone,

If someone knows where to buy once off Satellite and receiver for Russian channels, please please please .. let me know. All i know that prices very from 129 eur to 200eur in Dublin.

Advertisement