Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Ordered 13 books, most hefty hard backs, for a total of 36 including Irish delivery. Delivery seems very cheap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Thanks OP
    Ordered a few books for £35 including delivery using the following discount code: AFTULIP15

1 x Axel Sheffler's My First Animals Bag of Books - 4 Books. (ASFA)
    1 x Bedtime Story Winner 2018: The Incredible Journey. (BSIJ)
    1 x Ready, Steady, Go! Collection - 3 Books. (RSGO)
    1 x Ian Rankin Collection - 4 Books. (RNKN)
    1 x Akin. (AKIN)
    1 x Wolf Hall. (BPGDD)
    1 x The Flower Girls. (FLWR)
    1 x Beautiful Bad. (BBAD)
    1 x A New Map of Love. (NMOL)
    1 x The Man That Got Away. (MTGA)
    1 x Gino's Italian Adriatic Escape. (GINO)
    1 x Matilda Pencils & Erasers: Set of 22. (ST2829)
    1 x Jeanne Willis & Tony Ross Collection - 5 books. (JWTR)
    1 x Let's Go to the... Collection - 4 Books. (LTSG)
    1 x The Kew Gardener's Guide to Growing House Plants. (KGGH)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Anyones order shipped yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Anyones order shipped yet ?

No but that's typical of them I ordered stuff in February and it didn't ship for a whole week so expect a little longer over the volume of orders during the sale. But once it does ship they will send tracking info and they do keep it up to date so you can see exactly where is it and how long more it will take and on the day of delivery you will be notified that it's on board for delivery.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm sure it said 3-4 weeks when I placed my order, not expecting it any time soon anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was just going to say that - it said delivery would be up to four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I've two orders 3 days apart

One is 25243XXX
    The other is 25271XXX

So suggests over 27,000 orders if it's a straight numerical system that they use.

With 365,000 reviews, that is quite plausible, so 3-4 weeks delivery is probably what you will get.

miamee wrote: »
    I'm sure it said 3-4 weeks when I placed my order, not expecting it any time soon anyway.

Yeah it said may take up to a 4 week wait but it might come just in time for the April mid term I got a lot of books for my kids!

Yeah it said may take up to a 4 week wait but it might come just in time for the April mid term I got a lot of books for my kids!

Anyone get their books waiting for the email to say dispatched and still nothing they would be so handy now with the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone get their books waiting for the email to say dispatched and still nothing they would be so handy now with the way things are going

Nothing. I emailed them last night but no reply yet. I imagine everything will be slowed right down now.

• Advertisement

R11 wrote: »
    Nothing. I emailed them last night but no reply yet. I imagine everything will be slowed right down now.

Yeah I was thinking they would be delayed more now! But the post seems to be ok within ireland. Usually they send a dispatch email a week later they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My delivery is coming in 3 parts, got the first one last Friday via parcel Mortel, second is coming today and third TBC. Even with the PM costs it's still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

My delivery is coming in 3 parts, got the first one last Friday via parcel Mortel, second is coming today and third TBC. Even with the PM costs it's still a bargain.

When did you order out of curiosity? I made my order on March 3rd, no emails or anything yet..

When did you order out of curiosity? I made my order on March 3rd, no emails or anything yet..

I ordered March 3rd, nothing either

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Juct checked - March 8th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I ordered 3 march as well, just logged in there and the status is pending, however it also says "Delivered to" followed by my office address. But the office is closed up for the time being with everyone working from home. I asked them to change to my home address but if it's already been delivered who knows where it is or when I'll actually get it.

I ordered 3 march as well, just logged in there and the status is pending, however it also says "Delivered to" followed by my office address. But the office is closed up for the time being with everyone working from home. I asked them to change to my home address but if it's already been delivered who knows where it is or when I'll actually get it.
    I just checked mine after you said that..... And it says most of my order received...... I got nothing

Here

Did you have your home address or a different one that you don't have access to at the moment? Hopefully they can tell you where they have been delivered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

So has anyone received anything yet at all?

• Advertisement

Did you have your home address or a different one that you don't have access to at the moment? Hopefully they can tell you where they have been delivered to.

Had my home address down. I emailed them 3 days ago enquiring about where my order was, got nothing..... Am beginning to wonder if this is a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

R11 wrote: »
    Here

Mine says received as well but the order status is ‘pending’. I haven’t gotten anything yet. My order was placed on 2nd March

Got an out of office reply to my query (I filled in the online form) basically saying they are extremely busy and will get back to me as soon as they can.
    Thank you for your message. Due to the recent high level of sales, it is taking longer than usual to respond to customer queries. We will reply to your message as soon as possible.
    Please be assured that if you are awaiting a delivery, your order will be with you shortly. The average delivery time is currently 4 weeks.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Head of Operations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Received means they’ve received your order not that you have

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

I also placed the order on the 4th if march. Status of order is pending and each item of the order has status received

Of course nothing has arrived to my email yet. Cause some ppl mentioned before that once they dispatch it you get an email

Lets see how long more

Now that we need the books with kids at home

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

jmorrisey wrote: »
    So has anyone received anything yet at all?

I placed my order on 2 March - about 20 books/sets - and have received 3 so far, all sent separately in different boxes. Status online on my account still says "Pending". I used Address Pal, never thinking that every single book would be sent separately, so really hope the rest of my items are sent together or else it's gonna get mighty 'spensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I have status as pending as well. Send them email few days ago but didnt replied so far ;-(

I ordered mine on the 3rd of March also.
    Was hoping they would be shipped and delivered within the month but hopefully giving them the 4 weeks they should post on the 24th of March and then usually takes a week

Thank you for your message. Due to the recent high level of sales, it is taking longer than usual to respond to customer queries. We will reply to your message as soon as possible.
    Please be assured that if you are awaiting a delivery, your order will be with you shortly. The average delivery time is currently 7 weeks.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The place has hundreds of thousands of books. Massive number of orders and state clearly that orders will take 4 weeks.

So if like me you ordered early March, then don't expect delivery until early April.

If you get it earlier, then it's a bonus

Advertisement