Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PP now NRNB for Champ Races in C'ham

• 02-01-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

As of this morning, PP are now NRNB for the Championship races plus the ryanair for the festival
    U can get 11/4 for Faugheen in the CH
    3/1 for Might Bite in the GC
    7/4 for footpad in the arkle
    3/1 for UDS/Yorkhill in the Ryanair....

Expect Boyles to follow suit on, oh I dunno, the feckin day maybe.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Horrible prices

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Arkle isn't a championship race. Ante Post Rules still apply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The Mig wrote: »
    Arkle isn't a championship race. Ante Post Rules still apply

watch this space, by COB today....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Bet365 are NRNB:

Champion Chase
    Champion Hurdle
    Ryanair Chase
    Stayers Hurdle
    Gold Cup Chase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Horrible prices

Each to their own, I have taken two of those prices and another in the QMCC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

watch this space, by COB today....
    Still watching

Now NRNB for ALL races

Might Bite still 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

The prices are appalling for almost every race. Would people bother placing money on NRNB when the odds are significantly better with other bookies non NRNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You can still request an Antepost price from PP

handsfree2 wrote: »
    The prices are appalling for almost every race. Would people bother placing money on NRNB when the odds are significantly better with other bookies non NRNB?

Is this a serious question?
    Because with NRNB if the horse doesn't run, or is sent to a different race, you get your money back.
    Remember when Vautour was "Gold cup or nothing" and then last minute they went in Ryanair. If you backed NRNB you get your stake back, if you didnt, you lose your money.
    That's why its tighter odds, its like buying insurance
    And btw, Mightbite is the same price in PP and Boyles, one is NRNB one isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Is this a serious question?
    Because with NRNB if the horse doesn't run, or is sent to a different race, you get your money back.
    Remember when Vautour was "Gold cup or nothing" and then last minute they went in Ryanair. If you backed NRNB you get your stake back, if you didnt, you lose your money.
    That's why its tighter odds, its like buying insurance
    And btw, Mightbite is the same price in PP and Boyles, one is NRNB one isnt

4/1 and 3/1 are not the same price.

Anyone taking the nrnb prices on show at the minute should give up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Prices are terrible. Samcro 5/4 for the Ballymore just one example, I'll be shocked if he's not bigger than that on the day.

Just look through their champion chase market, it's a joke.

lemush wrote: »

Rubbish, plenty of value to be got with NRNB, in the last two weeks there have been a number of Mullins horses over priced NRNB by Bet365.

danganabu wrote: »
    Rubbish, plenty of value to be got with NRNB, in the last two weeks there have been a number of Mullins horses over priced NRNB by Bet365.

"At the minute". The PP nrnb markets which I was referring to are an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Douvan 5/1 NRNB with 365 is massive. Chances are he wont be going but he cant go of anything like that.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Douvan 5/1 NRNB with 365 is massive. Chances are he wont be going but he cant go of anything like that.

He won't turn up but even if he did a horse with the problems he has had turning up in a champion chase on the back of a terrible prep in an injury ravaged season is not one I'd want to part any money with at single figures.

We were specifically speaking about the PP prices which are an insult.

4/1 yorkhill for the champion hurdle???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

That is laughable actually

They introduced him at 7s in that market last week which was insane value, up to me onkers in e/w bets at 7s, fully expect to be getting my money back in time for the festival, but if he runs I will have a free bet at 4s or 5s :D

• Advertisement

We were specifically speaking about the PP prices which are an insult.

I wouldnt be backing at that price, but I wouldnt like to be laying it much bigger to be honest, if he runs it means Faugheen is out, and apart from the fav then its a horribly weak race in which I wouldnt be willing to lay Yorkhill e/w, and if you go any bigger that 4s or maybe 5s then the e/w thieves will way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If all that be identified are two flaky bets that represent value at this stage then we can conclude ap betting is really for mugs unless you have some inside knowledge

Tying up cash at low prices for 8 weeks makes zero sense to me . With all the offers that come out festival week, hold your powder dry unless you have inside information on a double figures horse that will go off half those odds . Bookies markets are getting very hard to beat in ap, too much stacked against you even with nrnb

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Douvan 9/1 in boylesports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

stretchaq wrote: »

Not nrnb though.

stretchaq wrote: »

Not NRNB so wouldnt back it at 99/1 tbh

BumperD wrote: »
    If all that be identified are two flaky bets that represent value at this stage then we can conclude ap betting is really for mugs unless you have some inside knowledge

Tying up cash at low prices for 8 weeks makes zero sense to me . With all the offers that come out festival week, hold your powder dry unless you have inside information on a double figures horse that will go off half those odds . Bookies markets are getting very hard to beat in ap, too much stacked against you even with nrnb

Flaky??

They introduced him at 7s in that market last week which was insane value, up to me onkers in e/w bets at 7s, fully expect to be getting my money back in time for the festival, but if he runs I will have a free bet at 4s or 5s :D

If he turns up he has as much chance of being pulled up than winning.

Not NRNB so wouldnt back it at 99/1 tbh

I don't understand this logic. 9/1 is effectively 2 bets 5/1 on the win and 4/5 that he shows up. Taking on additional risk makes total sense if you think that you are being adequately compensated for it.

I'd agree, if anything that hasn't had a prep run is vunerable. In saying that, if anyone could do it, it's Mullins.

• Advertisement

So? How does that effect my free bet?

Advertisement