Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you buy a Superyacht?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's what the platinum terminal is for sure

In my world, the passengers drive to the side of the aircraft, no queues, security, nothing, at the destination another car awaits them and off they go.

They have “people” to worry about baggage etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smurfjed wrote: »
    I would get something like this, best of both worlds, although I would get a turbine version and not a radial engine.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/expendables/images/f/f0/Screen_Shot_2012-05-31_at_3.49.58_PM.png/revision/latest?cb=20120531225441

Get a PBY Catalina with those amazing panoramic windows

d66c6aac2081c05aa6b9a6ac9baae727.jpg

https://historydaily.org/flying-yachts-of-the-1950s

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would rather have the 890J Super Yacht

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

You saying all the mad alcohol fuelled sex parties in between are no good? :eek:

Obviously couldn’t ever get one of them up and running.
    That’s why they sold the thing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Get a PBY Catalina with those amazing panoramic windows
    Sold! We need more seaplanes today. And flying boats. And airships.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The boats might circle around but the owners normally direct the yacht to be at a certain place on a certain day then they fly down to meet it where it is moored. It is fairly rare for the owner to sail on the yacht particularly on long voyages.

I'd be wondering then where the craic is in that for them. If I was ever lucky enough to be able to afford one I'd be trying to spend a good part of the year on it touring around but what you mention is exactly what the stereotypical superyacht owner does - it's like they just want their own private floating hotel without really taking advantage of the fact that it's floating

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now we're talking, yacht, helicopter and submarine.....

*and only €295.000,000 for the priveledge

1-226531l-2560x1440.webp

1-226533l-2560x1440.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My bosses yacht is 24 feet longer than that one :):) and don't forget to thrown in a fleet of aircraft to get you to and from the yacht.

Advertisement