Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Songs from an empty room after hours shishe.

• 25-07-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Staying in tonight. No friends. Anybody watching songs from an empty room. Looks absolute tripe but I'm going into hopefully because I'm 3 cans into my evening, let's be having you Gavin James or whoever.

Rte on now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Mostly irish soft rock ****e with a one two three four baseline so as not to offend anybody. In the chorus they go one one two two three three four four.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭micks_address

Was bressies mic switched off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Buy a guitar and stick it the man, dude.

Was bressies mic switched off?

He was just pulling mad faces wasnt he, must be a serious musician now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A family member is a professional muso, has backed the big gigs in the Point etc. Terrible times for them now, and the only things we seem to hear about are schools and pubs.

So many empty venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is anybody donating money for these backstage workers to be given on top of their government assisted COVID allowance?? I’m not sure if I agree with the whole concept of this event??

This is pure RTE rave couldn't make it up

Just turned it on.. good god..

Do teenagers listen to these people in their droves or do rte claim they do? It's like songs from California dreaming or some backround band in saved by the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

The Stunning are the most underrated Irish band ever.

The Coronas new tune is half decent.

Eoghan McDermott has the most punchable face of any human on the planet.

• Advertisement

Few days ago the chauffeur company in Galway is on tv asking for cash. Now these gig workers are doing the same. Have they no shame?? When times are good for them do they be giving away their cash?? I dunno maybe they do but we don’t hear it. Does everyone who is out of work from the pandemic get charity?? What about all those who are poor before the pandemic happened?? I never got a chauffeur in Galway city but I assume they were outrageously expensive especially this week of the Galway races. Also going to gigs is a very expensive interest to have in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is all the ad money RTE are hovering in tonight for the show going towards the cause?

Is all the ad money RTE are hovering in tonight for the show going towards the cause?

Be surprised if more than 200 people are watching after the first part.

Few days ago the chauffeur company in Galway is on tv asking for cash. Now these gig workers are doing the same. Have they no shame?? When times are good for them do they be giving away their cash?? I dunno maybe they do but we don’t hear it. Does everyone who is out of work from the pandemic get charity?? What about all those who are poor before the pandemic happened?? I never got a chauffeur in Galway city but I assume they were outrageously expensive especially this week of the Galway races. Also going to gigs is a very expensive interest to have in Ireland.

RTE have just been chronic since the whole thing started.. every late late show was a 'give us money' affair.. how many different fundraisers have there been?.. but shur if dopes keep ringing in handing over cash can you blame them..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

Is anybody donating money for these backstage workers to be given on top of their government assisted COVID allowance?? I’m not sure if I agree with the whole concept of this event??

I'm enjoying this more than i thought, but I have to agree with the above.

I like picture this, the lead singer seems sound but looks like a **** 80s bono.

I think the multi millionaire music stars who are pleading to the nation here for donations should be the ones supporting the lesser paid in their industry, if there is a reason for them to get any additional support to what’s already being paid by the state. Hozier and Niall Horan are not short of a few bob, let them sort them out. I don’t mind watching these gigs but giving a donation to this ‘charity’ you gotta be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

HBC08 wrote: »

There are so many punchable faces.

Picture This and The Academic are pretty good young bands. They are refreshing to listen to instead of the hyped up bores Gavin James and Hozier crooning their emotions out. The Academic remind me of the strokes when they started out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

HBC08 wrote: »

Only one of the statements above is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

Schlager muck

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Picture This and The Academic are pretty good young bands. They are refreshing to listen to instead of the hyped up bores Gavin James and Hozier crooning their emotions out. The Academic remind me of the strokes when they started out.

Impressed with the academic but less so with Picture This. Same old generic lyrics. Hozier and Gavin James are hard to listen to. Show everybody how emotional and fragile you are ... Sweet Jebus !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 changeover

I think the multi millionaire music stars who are pleading to the nation here for donations should be the ones supporting the lesser paid in their industry, if there is a reason for them to get any additional support to what’s already being paid by the state. Hozier and Niall Horan are not short of a few bob, let them sort them out. I don’t mind watching these gigs but giving a donation to this ‘charity’ you gotta be joking.

Tell me this, what sector do you work in and have you had your entire calender pulled out from under you since March until possibly 2022?

changeover wrote: »
    Tell me this, what sector do you work in and have you had your entire calender pulled out from under you since March until possibly 2022?

I work in computer science area. Thankfully I still have my job, private sector so there is no guarantee. But if I don’t have an income, I will happily take whatever social welfare the state gives me as have been a tax payer for more than 20 years. And there certainly would not be a tv show where the Collison brothers or some other tech millionaire is asking the public to give us charity.
    You’re not exact ya starving Ethiopian. Get up off your arse and look for another job if you’re current one has ended.

And U2 have made enough money from their Facebook shares alone to pay a decent wage to every single music industry worker on the country who are asking for public help here. And they don’t even follow this country tax rules.

And U2 have made enough money from their Facebook shares alone to pay a decent wage to every single music industry worker on the country who are asking for public help here. And they don’t even follow this country tax rules.

Computers, I had a feeling you spent a lot of time behind a keyboard.

I have never worked with U2, I am fully tax complient for the last 20 of working in the industry.
    Do you think that U2, Hozier, Harry Styles, Gavin James and whatever other names were mentioned are affiliated with every sound company, lighting company, catering company, trucking company, bussing company, staging company, tour manager, production manager and they should cover all of there asses?

While yes some of these acts do have a few bob there is zero money in albums anymore (thanks spotify) and their only real income is through gigs which as we know is gone.

Just reading through some of your other posts on different threads and I think you were saying you wanted to see more series involving illegal industries in Central America such as drug running and Narcos, I too love a good Barry Seal story but who do you think makes these shows, all of the above mentioned crew to an extent are involved so even the film industry is in knackered so options are very limited.

Up off my arse and get another job, you seem like a lovely person!!
    A career change and retraining after 20 years is something that I am now going to have to look at, but the part that pisses me off about you and your statements is that the industry was perfectly viable, we have never once in the touring music sector looked for a bailout like airlines, banks, irish rail ect and the first time we do try and raise awareness people come down on us like a tropical ****storm.

We cannot do a drive in gig but yet we can have drive in movies and drive in bingo games, you have to admit that is stupid and we tried to change gigs and make a new normal and we were stopped like!!!

changeover wrote: »
    Computers, I had a feeling you spent a lot of time behind a keyboard.

I have never worked with U2, I am fully tax complient for the last 20 of working in the industry.
    Do you think that U2, Hozier, Harry Styles, Gavin James and whatever other names were mentioned are affiliated with every sound company, lighting company, catering company, trucking company, bussing company, staging company, tour manager, production manager and they should cover all of there asses?

While yes some of these acts do have a few bob there is zero money in albums anymore (thanks spotify) and their only real income is through gigs which as we know is gone.

Just reading through some of your other posts on different threads and I think you were saying you wanted to see more series involving illegal industries in Central America such as drug running and Narcos, I too love a good Barry Seal story but who do you think makes these shows, all of the above mentioned crew to an extent are involved so even the film industry is in knackered so options are very limited.

Up off my arse and get another job, you seem like a lovely person!!
    A career change and retraining after 20 years is something that I am now going to have to look at, but the part that pisses me off about you and your statements is that the industry was perfectly viable, we have never once in the touring music sector looked for a bailout like airlines, banks, irish rail ect and the first time we do try and raise awareness people come down on us like a tropical ****storm.

We cannot do a drive in gig but yet we can have drive in movies and drive in bingo games, you have to admit that is stupid and we tried to change gigs and make a new normal and we were stopped like!!!

Instead of investigating me and making judgements about my character, I suggest you put your efforts into securing employment if your current job is no longer providing. Either that or retire. Or I guess your 3rd option is that you receive the charity you seem to think you are entitled to.
    Yeah I have a lot of interests in life. But if some come to an end for whatever reasons, I will move on with other interests.

And for what it is worth I too am missing all that is stopped, and I wouldn’t even necessarily agree that these things should have been stopped. Hopefully they will be back soon.
    I appreciate the hard work that goes into everything to make it all happen. As I have always appreciated the low paid supermarket workers that others would abuse or make comments about where they come from. Now I think we all appreciate them a bit more.
    If you are a big reason for the success of Hozier and the likes, then he can give you the charity you are looking for.
    Sounds like you would make a good detective so maybe that is an option for u. But be careful as even in that job you may need to spend some time in front of a computer. You’ve been a hippy for long enough, time to be an adult now.

Instead of investigating me and making judgements about my character, I suggest you put your efforts into securing employment if your current job is no longer providing. Either that or retire. Or I guess your 3rd option is that you receive the charity you seem to think you are entitled to.
    Yeah I have a lot of interests in life. But if some come to an end for whatever reasons, I will move on with other interests.

Never once said I was entitled to charity, my main point for posting was to highlight the sheer devestation that people in this little known yet successful and formerly self sustaining industry are going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

And for what it is worth I too am missing all that is stopped, and I wouldn’t even necessarily agree that these things should have been stopped. Hopefully they will be back soon.
    I appreciate the hard work that goes into everything to make it all happen. As I have always appreciated the low paid supermarket workers that others would abuse or make comments about where they come from. Now I think we all appreciate them a bit more.
    If you are a big reason for the success of Hozier and the likes, then he can give you the charity you are looking for.
    Sounds like you would make a good detective so maybe that is an option for u. But be careful as even in that job you may need to spend some time in front of a computer. You’ve been a hippy for long enough, time to be an adult now.

As long as you’re ok, **** everyone else isn’t that right 🙄

Advertisement