Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

cjmc wrote: »

Oh dear Widders , I am the daddy

Oh dear indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Poochie05 wrote: »
    That’s exactly what this thread is for! Congratulations :)

Oh good!

Thank you.

I've just got a picture of the 8lb 11oz bundle of joy.

I think I'll be back to this thread from time to time. You seem a happy pleasant bunch compared to a few threads I've stumbled in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Oh good!

Thank you.

I think I'll be back to this thread from time to time. You seem a happy pleasant bunch compared to a few threads I've stumbled in to.

Congratulations Jim !! Lovely happy news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Oh good!

Thank you.

Think that’s a fair assessment but be cautious when there’s full moon, or someone says shenanigans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

That this very long and winding week is over. Bring on the shenanigans,heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Think that’s a fair assessment but be cautious when there’s full moon, or someone says shenanigans :D

Monday March 9th, I'll hopefully drop by and see what the cool kids call shenanigans these days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Call of the Wild

Today I had to saddle break a stallion who had injured 2 previous trainers. I introduced the equipment to him ,halter,bridle,saddle blanket and saddle. But gave him time to accept each item without forcing it.45 minutes later I rode him out of the stall, and while they were praising me, I reminded them it was all him. I'm so very proud of him to overcome his fears and apprehensions with me.He will be a fine mount for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Today I had to saddle break a stallion who had injured 2 previous trainers. I introduced the equipment to him ,halter,bridle,saddle blanket and saddle. But gave him time to accept each item without forcing it.45 minutes later I rode him out of the stall, and while they were praising me, I reminded them it was all him. I'm so very proud of him to overcome his fears and apprehensions with me.He will be a fine mount for someone.

Have you done a Ted Walsh

"This is really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother"

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Have you done a Ted Walsh

"This is really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother"

I had to google Ted Walsh,heh.But I wouldn't class myself along his line. I actually dislike horse racing and hunts because I've seen and had to take care of the injuries the horse sustains from those events. I do know every horse I train goes on to someone who engages in those events and for me its heart-breaking,

They are very clever animals and share the same emotions as us. And my field of employment sucks, because I work with these wonderful animals and gain their trust. Only for them to be sold off to people who will only use and abuse them.

My apologises for bringing the thread down since it is about happiness. Tonight I am not in a good place so ignore me for tonight por favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That horse sounds like a girl i met in McGowan's years ago

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

branie2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Call of the Wild

I'd like to see it, I loved the book.

TH to be indoors, listening to the wild weather outside.
    Friday night, my favourite night of the week, just starting into the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought my 20 year old cat for a checkup. The vet says she's in great health, plenty of life left in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

madmaggie wrote: »
    I brought my 20 year old cat for a checkup. The vet says she's in great health, plenty of life left in her.

That makes me a little happy; my oldest is nearly 16 and I get frantic as the thought of life without Boycat. Each day is precious. We have been through so much together

Very happy that Jacob cat finally came home after a night out in the storm. He is now under the bedclothes with me getting warmed up after a feed...

Graces7 wrote: »
    Very happy that Jacob cat finally came home after a night out in the storm. He is now under the bedclothes with me getting warmed up after a feed...

My ginger giant lollops into my room at night with a determined look on his face, thunders onto the bed, makes his distinctive "lift the blankets" noise and burrows down to my feet where he stays for the night. If ever I don't pay heed to his demands straight away he makes unique grumpy bossy noises that he never makes at other times, 'til I raise the covers for him. I find the whole routine hilarious.

No use shutting the door to keep him out, he just jumps at the handle and nearly wrenches it off.

My ginger giant lollops into my room at night with a determined look on his face, thunders onto the bed, makes his distinctive "lift the blankets" noise and burrows down to my feet where he stays for the night. If ever I don't pay heed to his demands straight away he makes unique grumpy bossy noises that he never makes at other times, 'til I raise the covers for him. I find the whole routine hilarious.

No use shutting the door to keep him out, he just jumps at the handle and nearly wrenches it off.

roflol! Sounds all too familiar! Jacob curls at my side like a great hot water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The twenty year old black cat, and young Tiger, only nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

A day of hardcore pampering and self-care after a stressful manic few weeks.

Slept til 11am, got a facial, manicure, knocked around the shops with a latte from my favourite cafe, treadmill for an hour to get the blood pumping, now chilling in front of the TV with some smelly candles and CBD oil.

Feel like a new woman :)

Snugged in with tide- music and wind-song as backing.. A huge Sunday breakfast cooked and eaten... well, most of it. We were told off in childhood if we left anything on our plates if we had served ourselves, " Your eyes are bigger than your stomach!" and it was not a compliment. However the rest will get eaten later!

A day ahead,, pottering, knitting, mopping more of the floor.. whatever needs doing that I can manage. Still not ordered seeds..

A serendipity Sunday.. Mass? wherever my finger lands....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Finally it has stopped raining, i feel like i've been reborn

I found my favourite dress I'd mislaid for days, and my Dicentra "Lady in a bath" plant is coming up. The flowers look like pink and white heart shaped locket necklaces dangling from arching stems, it's a spectacular plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The bit of sun we had this morning.

Makes a great difference.

The table quiz at our local pub was great last night, and I won two bottles od prosecco as a spot prize.

Took a mug of coffee outside and watched the sky and ocean and the cats playing... Light at the end of the tunnel and happy with it

another " fixit" happy!

many months ago, a gale took off the outside flap of the letterbox. Since then the inner flap has rattled and I ran out of sticky tape to stick it down as else also a draft . Today new cat learned how to free it..

So I really had a good look... two minutes later I had picked 4 very thin twigs off the elderberry bush, pushed them in the holes on the flap and frame and HEY PRESTO!

If only all problems were so easily solved... But feeling ridiculously happy..

NB mail is left at the gate so the letterbox is not used .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our musical is over! 6 nights to huge crowds and standing ovations. It's such a great feeling. Now I am happy that I can spend some time with my boyfriend because god love him, he might as well have been single for the last month!

Drinking a glass of Prosecco

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching the chase with my 6 yo who's screams she got the answer right but couldn't say as " she forgot" what the word was.
    Competitive streak in that one ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Playing " bedmice" with one of the youngest cats. Oh she is so smart and fast! Ears up, eyes down; POUNCE!;)

Advertisement