Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yes, that's how Tesco calculated it.
    There's only 10 in the pack

Ahh, I see, sometime you see the likes of 6packs with 2 extra so I thought it may have been an example of that, flashed as a 10pack with 12 in the pack.
    Tesco are offside so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

slave1 wrote: »

Ahh, I see, sometime you see the likes of 6packs with 2 extra so I thought it may have been an example of that, flashed as a 10pack with 12 in the pack.
    Tesco are offside so!

No just the 10!
    Its misleading pricing but I don't think there's anything one can claim but a return and refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Hopefully, not off topic... I just saw The Martin Lewis Money Show on ITV. In the UK you can log on to your Tesco Clubcard Account and print off any unused Clubcard vouchers going back two years ( One lady had £180 unused!!) I cant find anyway of doing this on the Irish site. I will be contacting Tesco and will update on any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

Few of these in clarehall this evening
    et101 wrote: »
    lindtee wrote: »
    James Martin Spice Rack €5
    213-1276_PI_TPS1227305?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/james-martin-spice-rack/213-1276.prd
    (Not the best quality stand but a nice small christmas gift for someone. Herbs and Spices in it are *just about* worth the €5 so not the worst value) Now all gone in Mahon

That would make a nice small gift for say next door neighbour add a bottle of plonk and you're sorted. Will see if I can pick it up tomorrow cheers lindtee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

Ben & Jerry's Half Baked 500ml in Longford for E1.47. Cheapest I have seen for this size. Just picked up a bunch to cover Christmas and New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

corazon wrote: »
    Ben & Jerry's Half Baked 500ml in Longford for E1.47. Cheapest I have seen for this size. Just picked up a bunch to cover Christmas and New Year.

Is it labelled as €1.47, or did you scan it to check?

Labelled clearly on the shelf, no need to scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hopefully, not off topic... I just saw The Martin Lewis Money Show on ITV. In the UK you can log on to your Tesco Clubcard Account and print off any unused Clubcard vouchers going back two years ( One lady had £180 unused!!) I cant find anyway of doing this on the Irish site. I will be contacting Tesco and will update on any news.

You don't need to.
    Tesco are brilliant for reissuing any unused clucbcard vouchers.
    Just send them in with a note and they will recredit your account with the amount with no hassle whatsoever.
    I have done it many times finding old vouchers which they have renewed.

Dunnes will not under any circumstances reissue :mad:
    and then they wonder why people don't shop Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

eddiem10 wrote: »

Don't know if you have ever used his website Money Saving Experts which is brilliant for cheap meal recipes, tips, money saving ideas etc. I find it brill just wish that some of the money saving tips/coupons applied in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

thegift06 wrote: »

Is it labelled as €1.47, or did you scan it to check?

Three euro in wilton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

2 x 8-packs of Coke/Diet Coke/Coke Zero for €7.
    That's 16 cans for less than the price of a 12-pack they're currently selling. (€7.65)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You don't need to.
    Just send them in with a note and they will recredit your account with the amount with no hassle whatsoever.

What I always find mad about this clubcard things is that, say you bought a tv for €800.00 and you get your clubcard points, then it has to back and you get a refund (as happened with me), you get to keep the points - they NEVER deduct the points !

When I have coupons I always scan my clubcard BEFORE scanning the coupons as you get points on the net total;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Large Poinsettia for €3.00 in all Tesco's (say they are Guaranteed until January 6th on the sticker label)

Have to laugh at them, says on the sticker -

SAVE €2.00

WAS €5.00

NOW €3.00

Ha ha Tesco Yeh Right, like this was €5.00, they only came into stock yesterday, the girl was putting them on display ! Chancers !!

Good large healthy plants though at €3.00 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

vicwatson wrote: »
    Large Poinsettia for €3.00 in all Tesco's (say they are Guaranteed until January 6th on the sticker label)

Have to laugh at them, says on the sticker -

SAVE €2.00

WAS €5.00

NOW €3.00

Ha ha Tesco Yeh Right, like this was €5.00, they only came into stock yesterday, the girl was putting them on display ! Chancers !!

Good large healthy plants though at €3.00 a go.

They didn't look too healthy in the Carrick-on-Shannon store yesterday, the old dear in front of me told the check out girl that someone would need to water them because there wasn't a hope of them lasting till 6th of December, let alone January Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You don't need to.

Never really got that, 'The difference is we're Irish' bit. Would much rather 'The difference is we're cheaper/better value'. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Noticed some Technika iPod docking gear today in Monaghan Tesco, from 17euro up. Was a CD player with iPod dock and remote for 21....didnt really look too much as I dont have and iPod, but someone out there may be interested,,,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Never really got that, 'The difference is we're Irish' bit. Would much rather 'The difference is we're cheaper/better value'. :confused::confused:

You do, and a lot do, but there's still a lot of people who like to buy irish when they can. I still try to, but only when I'm not being taken for a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

fussyonion wrote: »
    2 x 8-packs of Coke/Diet Coke/Coke Zero for €7.
    That's 16 cans for less than the price of a 12-pack they're currently selling. (€7.65)

Not coming up as 2 for €7 online

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Karen23 wrote: »
    Not coming up as 2 for €7 online

In Tesco, Nutgrove today and they were there. Lots of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Up to €40 off Megabloks Halo in Wexford,some good deals on Lego also.Couple of the items were half price (Argos were 20% off the same ones).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

€25 iTunes vouchers for €20 in Tesco Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gun8844

Tesco longlife spotlight bulbs 2 , 40watt (small screw cap) for 13c only.
    Brita Maxtra cartridges 3 half price (Euros 9.89) now.

Casio scientific calculator marked E13.00 on shelf but reads E3.00 at scanner and checkout in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

In Jervis Tescos I bought a 9 band radio which they were selling for €1.50 and also Ritz are down to a €1. When I got the radio yesterday there were 3 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

In mahon Cadbury scream eggs single and mini bags now 1c. Were not many there and I bought what they had. Mountains and mountains of haribo spooky ghosts at 1 c. Only bought a few, loads left. Got very good value for about 40c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

In Jervis Tescos I bought a 9 band radio which they were selling for €1.50 and also Ritz are down to a €1. When I got the radio yesterday there were 3 left.

Never heard of a 9 band radio, didn't even know there were 9 bands. What are they?

bmaxi wrote: »
    Never heard of a 9 band radio, didn't even know there were 9 bands. What are they?

The RAD-108 world band radio comes in grey complete with AM, FM, LW and SW bandwiths. It also features a built-in speaker with a headphone socket. This Tesco RAD-108 world band radio is powered by 2xAA batteries (not included) or an external DC 3V power supply (not included).

The RAD-108 world band radio comes in grey complete with AM, FM, LW and SW bandwiths. It also features a built-in speaker with a headphone socket. This Tesco RAD-108 world band radio is powered by 2xAA batteries (not included) or an external DC 3V power supply (not included).

That's only 4, what are the other 5?

bmaxi wrote: »
    That's only 4, what are the other 5?
    Not sure exactly but if you google it you will get more info. I don't have the radio or its box to hand.

• Advertisement

Not sure exactly but if you google it you will get more info. I don't have the radio or its box to hand.

I think there are variations in SW frequencies but I can't see them being on a radio sold in Tesco, certainly not at €1.50. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement