Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appprenticeship Phase 2

• 29-04-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34 Fish out of water

So I thankfully got accepted for an Electrical Apprenticeship and signed up last week to SOLAS.

Just wondering how long did fellow boardsies have to wait from sign up to phase 2 (22 weeks in tech)?.

Comments

• Congrats. Was FAS when I served my time. Year an a half or so from start day to phase 2. Wasn't meant to take that long but did a 6 month trial with my employer before I was registered which wasn't unusual at the time. Enjoy phase 2 by the way. Might sound silly but I rank it up there as one of the best times of my life. Learned a lot, proved myself and met some of the best lads ever who I'm still in touch with today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fish out of water

Thanks.

I was on probation for 5 weeks before the company signed me up.

Heard from some of the lads it could take a year or slighty more until I get into phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭This is it

Long time since I did my apprenticeship but I did 6 months trial and was waiting about 6 months after sign up before I was called for phase 2. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Heard from some of the lads it could take a year or slighty more until I get into phase 2.

It took 14 months for me to get called to phase 2 from when I was registered with FAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Took 6 months for me, heard it’s around 14 months at the minute with the amount of new apprentices.

I’ve great memories from Phase 2, still miss it some days.

• Advertisement

hunter164 wrote: »
    Took 6 months for me, heard it’s around 14 months at the minute with the amount of new apprentices.

I’ve great memories from Phase 2, still miss it some days.

Yeah heard the same around 14-18 months.

Its a long time to be waiting for phase 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

6 months for me, there were lads in the class who were 18 months waiting.

Peatys wrote: »
    6 months for me, there were lads in the class who were 18 months waiting.

How long ago was that if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

How long ago was that if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I did a six month trial. Then it took 18 months after being registered before i got to phase 2. I was a third year the week I finished. This was peak of the boom 2007-8

I know a guy in phase 2 in Kerry at the moment took him 14 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 furry87

Apprentice working with me just called today was registered last June and got called today think he is starting phase 2 in July. So its i around 12 to 14 months of a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rumble_rabbi

Currently in Raheen Limerick fas centre LCETB , Doing Electrical and Instrumentation 18 weeks in . waited 17 months to go to fas . any questions shout away

• Currently in Raheen Limerick fas centre LCETB , Doing Electrical and Instrumentation 18 weeks in . waited 17 months to go to fas . any questions shout away

Can ye whip up an aul time machine so I can go back to Phase 2 in Raheen? :pac:

Great times. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭eurokev

Currently in Raheen Limerick fas centre LCETB , Doing Electrical and Instrumentation 18 weeks in . waited 17 months to go to fas . any questions shout away

Limerick are doing e&I phase 2 now??
    I started my apprenticeship in 2014 and it was only baldoyle and cork offering phase 2 then. So now there's cork, baldoyle, Sligo and Limerick???

Enjoy it anyway, I had a great time doing the apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Just remember you need 208 weeks on and off the job experience to qualify so even if you have to wait longer than you would like it will all count to your 208 weeks .

Advertisement