Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Wick chapter 3

• 29-10-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-wick-chapter-three-gets-release-date-1039305

Lionsgate has confirmed that the planned third film in the John Wick series is definitely going ahead, and that Keanu Reeves will be returning to the title role.. The film was all but definite following the success of John Wick: Chapter 2 in cinemas earlier this year. Then it was also reported that the studio wanted to fast-track the feature, and get it into production this year. Derek Kolstad, who wrote the first two films, was hired to come up with a script for a third.

That third film, it’s now been confirmed, will arrive in cinemas on May 17th 2019. Reeves’ involvement hasn’t been officially announced, but it’s not going to be much of a John Wick film without him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I watched the first and second today..
    Brilliant movies, Keanu is the business...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Adored the first two, although I do kinda hope Chapter 3 has a bit more substnace and depth to it, Chapter 2 had great action scenes but the plot was fairly thin considering how much scope there is with the world they created

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The TV series they are making on "The Continental" I'm most excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent - Must rewatch the second now, absolutely loved it and it set the world up nicely for a final instalment so I hope they don't try to milk any more out of it.

Thought the first one was good - second one not so much at all.

• Advertisement

https://movieweb.com/john-wick-3-production-start-date-spring-2018/

To some surprise, the John Wick franchise has quickly become one of the most adored action series in recent history, with Keanu Reeves bringing another iconic hero to life. Following this years ecstatically received Chapter Two, Lionsgate has pushed forward with John Wick Chapter 3 which now has a release date of May 17th, 2019. Initial rumors suggested that Lionsgate had put the third instalment on the fast track with many believing that production was going to start as soon as this fall. But it seems unlikely that production will start before the end of the year and a new report suggests that production for John Wick 3 has been pushed back to sometime in 2018.

Omega Underground has been tracking on production of John Wick 3 and specifically the casting and location scouting aspects of the production. So far, there hasn't been any movement on the highly anticipated movie leading to speculation that the third movie might not be on as fast of a track as previously assumed. Lionsgate has set the release date for May 17th, 2019, which gives us the impression a spring-summer production start is most likely happening, now that a fall 2017 shoot is unrealistic at this point.

One particular reason for the perceived delay could be that David Leitch is trying to finish post on Deadpool 2, which comes out on June 1st, 2018, before production on Chapter 3 begins, keeping the creative team on board for all three of the projects. No specific plot points have been released as of yet, but it looks as if we will see John Wick in some sort of trouble as star Keanu Reeves stated as much at New York Comic-Con recently. Reeves also mentioned that he's working with director Chad Stahelski, who helmed the second movie and co-directed the first movie with David Leitch.

The franchise has been a success for the studio with a combined $260 million dollars in worldwide grosses and Lionsgate executives have indicated in recent months that they were planning a third movie. Both movies were directed by Chad Stahelski from scripts written by Derek Kolstad with Keanu Reeves portraying a retired hitman seeking vengeance for the killing of his puppy, which was a gift from his late wife. Both John Wick movies featured elaborate stunts and an impressive body count as Reeves fended off numerous gunmen out to kill him. The second movie featured a Matrix reunion with Laurence Fishburne starring.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Continental

Starz greenlights John Wick series.
    Starz is developing a television adaptation of the “John Wick” franchise. The series, currently titled, “The Continental,” will be focus on the “inner workings” of the exclusive Continental Hotel, which serves as a refuge for assassins.

Chris Collins will write the series and serve as showrunner, and the show will be executive produced by Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk, Chad Stahelski, Derek Kolstad, along with Collins, David Leitch and Keanu Reeves. Stahelski will direct the premiere episode.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/starz-announces-premiere-dates-for-howards-end-vida-sweetbitter-john-wick-1202662919/

A fun "what if" youtube movie about chapter 3....

they havn´t a clue, but at least there are updates on the actors hired...

31326668_1668568816555272_8160107695379054592_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTc3MjUxMTYxNzY4MDc3OTk5NA%3D%3D.2
    30915578_1331108027021810_3339256284305162240_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTc3NDYzNDAwMTgwODI5MDMyOQ%3D%3D.2

Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston Join Cast For ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’
    Halle Berry and Anjelica Huston are joining the cast of Lionsgate’s third installment of its hit franchise John Wick: Chapter 3. It was already announced that Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Ian McShane as well as Lance Reddick are returning for the Chad Stahelski-directed film, which will go through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment label for a May 17, 2019 release.

Also aboard this time around are Asia Kate Dillon (Billions), Mark Dacascos (Lucky Day), and Jason Mantzoukas (The Long Dumb Road). Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman from The Raid film franchise join as formidable professional killers that Wick has to face off against; Martial arts star Tiger Hu Chen from Man of Tai Chi also joins.

The film introduces Berry as “Sofia,” Huston as “The Director” and Dillon as “The Adjudicator” of the High Table, Dacascos as an assassin named “Zero,” and Mantzoukas as the “Tick Tock Man.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/halle-berry-anjelica-huston-john-wick-chapter-3-1202395314/

• Advertisement

Confirmed by Keanu that it will be called John Wick 3: Parabellum.
    The subtitle means "Prepare for war." He explained, " It’s part of that famous sentence, 'Si vis pacem, para bellum,' which translates as, 'If you want peace, prepare for war.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

I'm surprised there is a third one to be honest. Loved the first one, second was just ok. Hopefully it won't turn out like the Matrix trilogy.

I'm surprised there is a third one to be honest. Loved the first one, second was just ok. Hopefully it won't turn out like the Matrix trilogy.

The 2nd was better and even more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I found the second to be as good as if not more enjoyable than the first. All I wanted from the sequel was some more over-the-top action sequences, silly jokes and quotable lines.

I'd say the third can be decent too if they just stick to the formula.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The action of the second film was definitely as strong and punchy as the first film, but the pacing felt sluggish, the script a little baggier. John Wick 1 had an incredibly immediate, postcard sized plot: ex-hitman's car is stolen, dog killed, takes revenge. John Wick 2 dove too far into its mythology IMO, the film grinding to a halt for one too many scenes featuring characters grimly talking contracts, blood oaths or politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

rob316 wrote: »
    The 2nd was better and even more ridiculous.

As I sat thru the 2nd one ... I found myself feeling sorry for all those mothers/wives/children of all those bouncers in the nightclub that got wasted!! How would the local funeral homes deal with such an amount of funerals??? What was the scene later when the Local Emergency Plan kicked in and how did the police get to interview everyone there as to taking their statements etc What would be the headlines on the main news that night??? And still John Wicks can roam the streets the next day.

.... I can't see the point in just mass-killings if we are to take the character serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Masala wrote: »
    As I sat thru the 2nd one ... I found myself feeling sorry for all those mothers/wives/children of all those bouncers in the nightclub that got wasted!! How would the local funeral homes deal with such an amount of funerals??? What was the scene later when the Local Emergency Plan kicked in and how did the police get to interview everyone there as to taking their statements etc What would be the headlines on the main news that night??? And still John Wicks can roam the streets the next day.

.... I can't see the point in just mass-killings if we are to take the character serious.

In my opinion, if the events in John Wick 2 actually happened in real life, it would probably kick off World War 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

My fav scene in the second one was the short but sweet,
    silencer shoot out
    . It's such a brilliant simple idea that i cant believe it hasnt been done before, i know it sucks to see repeated/similar scenes in sequels, but id love to see a grander/longer shoot out like it in the third :D:pac:

Mate, if there is any movie you should check your brain at the door for its John Wick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Here is the answer you are looking for.

I understand that movies need to make at least some sense and John Wick does to some extent.

The shadowy underworld has all sorts of connections and what not. I suspect cleaning up the aftermath isn't all too difficult and they probably influence the news to blame it on a <radical nationality of your choice>.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭brevity

Mark Dacascos. Class.

I loved his movies when I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

New on set shot.

37586944_1742724065817715_4093360569053085696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=77840373dc02e8eeb540dc58aac7be3b&oe=5BD5BFB7

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

John Wick does True Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm glad its a real horse and not a green one of these:

61VCAKBSjEL._UY445_.jpg

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saw the first one and thought it was grand, if stupid.

But, what's left to tell in a story like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Tony EH wrote: »
    Saw the first one and thought it was grand, if stupid.

But, what's left to tell in a story like this?

Maybe someone kills his horse!!! He's such an animal lover!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

brevity wrote: »
    Mark Dacascos. Class.

I loved his movies when I was younger.

Here he is filming with Keanu
    4C84D27D00000578-5757625-image-a-265_1526996095842.jpg

And here they are having a laugh between takes!
    4C84D13B00000578-5757625-image-a-266_1526996103205.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Agreed, I did get somewhat weary at the sheer relentlessness of the brutality, and the fact that he absolutely, positively had to kill every motherf**ker in the room. :)

At times I did think "can he just let that guy live", and then blam - bullet to the face.

But I suppose that's the point of John Wick.

It's headshot after glorious headshot....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Here he is filming with Keanu
    4C84D27D00000578-5757625-image-a-265_1526996095842.jpg

And here they are having a laugh between takes!
    4C84D13B00000578-5757625-image-a-266_1526996103205.jpg

Wow Keanu and Mark were born in the same year. The years have been kinder to one.

Advertisement