Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Finally got my mits on Azul also. Very interesting game. Really have to think outside the box on some moves (especially over 2 players)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Was introduced to an old but great game, Qwirkle. Similar to dominoes but with more elements to it.

https://youtu.be/VZ_O5DUDD7E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Kids got Snow Tails, which they love, it's a fun racing game, also got deep sea adventure which is tiny, but is an excellent push your luck game.

Tiny epic galaxies, Crypt (from a kickstarter), Monopoly Gamer Mario Kart, Forbidden Island and Castle Panic all yet to be played, but looking forward to giving them a go.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Christmas was good to me !

Betrayal Legacy
    Betrayal at House on The Hill: Widow's Walk Expansion
    Catan: Rise of the Incas

Haven't had the chance to try any yet, hopefully this weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Just received a late christmas present :)

pic4132431.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My sister got Moveable Type just before Christmas and it was quite the success in the house over the holidays. Incredibly easy to learn and is like a nice mix of poker and scrabble. And it's an Irish game so we were very pleased with it. I've just bought it as a present for a friend.
    pic4165403.jpg

I got gifted Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective which I'm really enjoying. It's basically a one play game but there's 10 cases in the box and myself and the husband are spending about - 60-90 minutes on each case so we're getting the value out of it. I'll pass it onto other family members and friends once we're done.
    pic3514298.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Christmas was quite good for me.

Hey! That's my Fish.
    Raga's of the Ganges.
    Great Western Trail.
    Tyrants of the Underdark.
    Azul.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Christmas was quite good for me.

Hey! That's my Fish.
    Raga's of the Ganges.
    Great Western Trail.
    Tyrants of the Underdark.
    Azul.

Have you played Great Western Trail yet? How did you find it? Thinking of picking it up.

Twigster wrote: »
    Have you played Great Western Trail yet? How did you find it? Thinking of picking it up.

Played it 3 times, each time I really enjoyed it. It deserves the high praise it has on BGG. It also has the benefit of not being too expensive.

Only slight issue I can level against it, is that it only plays 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Played Azul there the other day, seems really good. It didn't help that we were both not at our best following the christmas festivities, it's definitely a game where you have to think about all your moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Got a copy of Stone Age. Can't wait for it to hit the table (box is a little more heavier than I thought).

Also, totally offtopic: Anyone interested in starting a boardgaming group? I live near D6. I'll post a topic on later, but feel free to send me a PM.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Played Azul there the other day, seems really good. It didn't help that we were both not at our best following the christmas festivities, it's definitely a game where you have to think about all your moves.

Azul is a nice game. If you like it try Dragon Castle. It is too is a game that requires a lot of thought and has some very satisfying game pieces. Dragon Castle is also an abstract game with tile manipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

SpaceCorp arrived today. I'm not even sure how interested I am in playing it as its a good while ago I ordered it. Will watch a few videos before opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

My copy of Maximum Apocalypse and expansion arrived from KS....completely forgot I had backed it!

Played a single game so far, its alright for a hand management/survival/exploration game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just got Bang!

Played it ages ago and loved it - looking forward to giving it another whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Got a second hand copy of Techno Bowl Arcade Football unplugged during the week. Can't wait to hopefully give it a try this weekend

Picked up Cuba Libre tonight, first foray in to the COIN series. Will be playing it solo and Im hoping I like the system as I would like to explore some of the other games in the series. For now Cuba Libre seems to be a good place to start,

Any other COIN players around?

Got Kingdomino Age of Giants, doesn't add a huge amount, but 5th player and the tile tower thing are both handy. It puts Kingdomino a bit closer to Queendomino depth wise.

Finally managed to find an English version of The Great Western Trail. A great game, even with the box art making it look like it is a game about the ghosts of cowboys (who for some reason have come to bed eyes?), rail tycoons, and builders... it has to have one of the most uninspired box artwork in all of Boardgames, not even Imperial is this dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heh yeah it is a bit of a naff cover. Been meaning to pick it up myself (need more worker placement/resource management games in my collection), also heard the Rails to the North expansion is very good and adds a lot to the game.

• Advertisement

Got my son Pandemic for his birthday. He likes the forbidden games from same designer, so hopefully he'll (we'll) enjoy the step up with this.

Blew my budget on this one.But it is D&d premium edition with painted miniatures :)
    And I got it as cheap as I could IMO.

WZK73591500.jpg
    In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinth dungeon known as Undermountain, domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak, who has seeded his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries. As an adventurer in the Waterdeep - Dungeon of the Mad Mage board game, explore Undermountain in search for treasure while navigating numerous traps and ominous monsters.
    Following in the path of the other critically-acclaimed D&D board games, Waterdeep - Dungeon of the Mad Mage features multiple scenarios, challenging quests and game play designed for a single player or a cooperative group of 2-5 players. The Waterdeep - Dungeon of the Mad Mage Adventure System Board Game features new Environment and Bane/Boon cards, as well as the Trap and Spell decks that premiered in Tomb of Annihilation, for even more exciting game play content! What's New? Players can now get to level 4 with their characters and gain even more powers! Environment cards that get replaced when a new Environment card is drawn. Bane/Boon cards - some effects will cause a draw of these cards, telling you to resolve their bane or boon effect. Waterdeep - Dungeon of the Mad Mage can also be combined with the other D&D Adventure System Cooperative Play Board Games, including the terrifying Tomb of Annihilation, Temple of Elemental Evil, The Legend of Drizzt, Castle Ravenloft, and Wrath of Ashardalon, to create an even more exciting experience.

Picked up Cuba Libre tonight, first foray in to the COIN series. Will be playing it solo and Im hoping I like the system as I would like to explore some of the other games in the series. For now Cuba Libre seems to be a good place to start,

Any other COIN players around?

A bit late I know ,but I'v seen Coin games played a few times in Alfie byrnes.The latest was Ghandi played last sunday.

A bit late I know ,but I'v seen Coin games played a few times in Alfie byrnes.The latest was Ghandi played last sunday.

Oh really, that is good to know. But I am moving to Cork soon so will probably not get to pop in any time soon.

My wife bought me the Freefolk starter set for A Song of Ice & Fire for my birthday.

Managed to get a game in with them against House Stark. I fear I may be adding some more units as time goes on, really enjoy the system.

Picked up a couple since my last post :)
    Particularly looking forward to getting Negan to the table.

• 91icUWxhNrL._SX466_.jpg

• 61EpT8lL57L._SY450_.jpg

Just had a moment of weakness I Bought Vast: The Crystal Caverns. It is a game that I've been eyeing up for a while. It does seem quite interesting, who doesn't want to play as a sentient cave trying to kill all those who enter!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Picked up a couple since my last post :)
    Particularly looking forward to getting Negan to the table.

Is Victorian Masterminds any good?

Twigster wrote: »
    Is Victorian Masterminds any good?

Yeah we played it twice and had a blast .Easy enough game to learn and play.Will defo be playing it again when I get a chance.
    Just a case of too many games and not enough time time.I seem to be playing a new game every week.
    Ist world problems.

• Advertisement

Some new ones for xmas. :D

• 71TT0aePtcL._SY741_.jpg
      81O76VOf3zL._SX450_.jpg71YF7nX-1aL._SX679_.jpg

Advertisement