Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 10 | Omega [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 17-02-2019 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 10 - "Omega"

Airdate - February 17th on AMC at 9/8c | February 18th on FOX UK at 9PM

Daryl learns more about the masked tribe's leader; a search begins for two missing friends.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 34 votes

0%
    0%
    2%
    Ll31 1 vote
    17%
    NUTZZ8mvfoozzybear61downesytnegungreenwaving 6 votes
    29%
    machiavellianmeFreudianSlipperspeterobrien100heffo500fritzellyduffysfarmBig mac and friesMac B[Deleted User]nannerby 10 votes
    20%
    Mc LoveLuckycharmYakultmooreman09Parkman77holygoaliefcThe Megaphone 7 votes
    8%
    terryduff12BIGT4464CiaranW 3 votes
    5%
    Darth MelkorAlfred Borden 2 votes
    11%
    duridianRikkFlairAgent CoulsonKeplar240B 4 votes
    2%
    Liamalone 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bit of a filler episode, bit meh! More of a back story of the girl they captured while they search for the two lads that got caught.
    Interesting ending nonetheless, especially if that's all their group

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I enjoyed that. Pushes the story along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I thought the interactions between Daryl and Lydia seemed a little out of place or something. I know Daryl is now the de facto leading man, and as such would be taking Ricks place in interrogating her, but he kinda bonded with her. Which I guess is why he doesn't want to return her to the Whisperers, but it just seemed a little odd. Daryl is such a closed book emotionally, does he feel protective towards her? Fatherly? What are his intentions?, (and I don't mean that in a creepy way). Also, Lydia showed that she has some sort of agenda, during the scuffle with Daryl in her cell and also in picking up that hammer when outside with Henry. Purely survival? I'm not sure.

I was also a little confused by the flashbacks, I might need a second viewing on that. Was Alpha always the antagonist, or did she just flip during their hiding out period and go Full Shane? (you never go Full Shane! ) :D

It's an interesting new direction, and if the internet scuttlebutt is anything to go by, heads will roll soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,106 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The first 40 mins were a snore fest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I thought the interactions between Daryl and Lydia seemed a little out of place or something. I know Daryl is now the de facto leading man, and as such would be taking Ricks place in interrogating her, but he kinda bonded with her. Which I guess is why he doesn't want to return her to the Whisperers, but it just seemed a little odd. Daryl is such a closed book emotionally, does he feel protective towards her? Fatherly? What are his intentions?, (and I don't mean that in a creepy way). Also, Lydia showed that she has some sort of agenda, during the scuffle with Daryl in her cell and also in picking up that hammer when outside with Henry. Purely survival? I'm not sure.

I was also a little confused by the flashbacks, I might need a second viewing on that. Was Alpha always the antagonist, or did she just flip during their hiding out period and go Full Shane? (you never go Full Shane! ) :D

It's an interesting new direction, and if the internet scuttlebutt is anything to go by, heads will roll soon.

I think the whole thing with Daryl was that it has been hinted in the earlier series that he had previously been abused at the hands of a parent. I think he was connecting with her on that level when listening to her story.

I was confused by the flashback too (when the husband had a beard, then had no beard, then a beard again), but my take on it is that Alpha is the was being abused by the husband (similar the story about Carol cutting her hair so the abusive husband couldn't grab it anymore). Think she used the chaos as an excuse to get her revenge on him. I agree she seems to have gone full Shane which lead her to be the leader of the Whisperers. That's my take on it, I could be wrong!

Also, that kid Henry is annoying, Daryl should slap some sense into him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

The only disgusting thing I have seem on this show, so far, has been them two eating the earthworms. Turned my stomach and I started to gag. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Next weeks promo looks interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did the dad in the flash back have a magic beard? Beard, no beard, then beard again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did the dad in the flash back have a magic beard? Beard, no beard, then beard again.

The first recall of him was fake.

Fake with beard
    Shaved
    Back in time to real recall of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,106 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

5 o'clock shadow? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Serves me right for going to make tea. I missed that part. I'll watch it again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    I was confused by the flashback too (when the husband had a beard, then had no beard, then a beard again), but my take on it is that Alpha is the was being abused by the husband (similar the story about Carol cutting her hair so the abusive husband couldn't grab it anymore). Think she used the chaos as an excuse to get her revenge on him. I agree she seems to have gone full Shane which lead her to be the leader of the Whisperers. That's my take on it, I could be wrong!!

My take on it was that Alpha is the abuser and that Lydia's childhood memories are muddled from the influence of her controlling mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its a bit silly really. Lydia goes from being a brainwashed killer, living in that environment for a decade to over night, softening after a heart to heart with the mumbling hobo, very very rushed. I was willing her to brain that annoying little bollox with the hammer and escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Was wondering where I saw the mother dead skin mask before....she was the main precog in Minority report, quite a bit older quite a bit heavier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

fritzelly wrote: »

Just as it's starting to pick back up again and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

fritzelly wrote: »

This is pretty much an ongoing 'story' since season 7, but to put in perspective, even after losing half its fans, "The Walking Dead" is still the top-rated cable show out there by a long shot.

No other AMC show comes close, not even its spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead." In 2017, AMC even purchased Riverwood Studios in Senoia, Georgia, ensuring its commitment to shooting something there.

Advertisement