Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Met Éireann Website (beta)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Does anyone know what is up with the radar on the site? No link to radar has been showing up for past two days.

I have managed to find a route to the old archived site, you go through "accessible forecasts" at bottom of menu under forecasts, and the header for that contains a link. Then over on that site, there is still the old style radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Does anyone know what is up with the radar on the site? No link to radar has been showing up for past two days.

I have managed to find a route to the old archived site, you go through "accessible forecasts" at bottom of menu under forecasts, and the header for that contains a link. Then over on that site, there is still the old style radar.

Don't call it the "old style radar", call it something like the normal radar or you might be giving them ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I hear you, the new style radar looks nice enough but it goes only 90 minutes (or so) and I preferred the six hour sequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I am missing the link to the rainfall radar under the latest weather reports menu on the new site. Still available on the archive site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

When I go to https://www.met.ie/ I'm not seeing any changes, on Chrome. The rainfall radar is still the first thing I see when I go that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I downloaded the app and am fairly happy with it, though I note that they state that the wind forecast chart shows the wind at 2 metres and not the standard 10. I wonder if it's a typo or actually the case. If it is the case then it's not comparable to other model output data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Karla High Mathematics

Can anyone link to the monthly data records for all the weather stations on the new site? The new site is barely functional on my phone, the text is all on top of itself and charts don't display. I cannot find the monthly data section where you choose a station and it shows rainfall, average temp to date etc for each month. The page on the legacy site under "past weather" stopped updating on 5th March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

First time I've bothered checking the "new" site for ages, finally it works in opera 12.18 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Can anyone link to the monthly data records for all the weather stations on the new site? The new site is barely functional on my phone, the text is all on top of itself and charts don't display. I cannot find the monthly data section where you choose a station and it shows rainfall, average temp to date etc for each month. The page on the legacy site under "past weather" stopped updating on 5th March.

https://www.met.ie/climate/available-data/monthly-data

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The android app won't load the warnings! Anyone else having these issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Yes.

Edit: Reinstalled the app & it's working fine now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The android app won't load the warnings! Anyone else having these issues?

Can see the warnings on my phone on Android.

Can see the warnings on my phone on Android.

As can I now, was not working all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,005 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do Met Eireann provide UV Index information? I saw something that said they would provide it from April to September, but I can't find anything on the site.

Do Met Eireann provide UV Index information? I saw something that said they would provide it from April to September, but I can't find anything on the site.

They did on their old website, I don't see any provisions for it on the new.

Just noticed on the Rainfall Radar chart on the new site has been improved. You get a choice of 12, 24 or 48 hours to aminate to. It is a far cry to just 6 hours on the new site to 12 hours on the old archive.met.ie site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Just noticed on the Rainfall Radar chart on the new site has been improved. You get a choice of 12, 24 or 48 hours to aminate to. It is a far cry to just 6 hours on the new site to 12 hours on the old archive.met.ie site.

How do you select this extended range, I can't see it on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm using a Windows laptop and I can't see any option for the 12,24 or 48 hrs. animation. Am I missing something or is it just the Android app that has the improved options?

https://www.met.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Where is this? Just looked and its only 90mins
    Latest Rainfall Radar showing live precipitation and the last 90 minutes precipitation over Ireland, updated every 5 minutes.

Comhra wrote: »
    I'm using a Windows laptop and I can't see any option for the 12,24 or 48 hrs. animation. Am I missing something or is it just the Android app that has the improved options?

https://www.met.ie/
    axe2grind wrote: »
    Where is this? Just looked and its only 90mins

Windows computer:

A44CPyO.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Thats great, but now I cant find the 90min radar. Recent Rainfall Radar seems to default to the 12hr version.
    It would be nice if these 3 variants had the slider option like the 90min one.

axe2grind wrote: »
    Thats great, but now I cant find the 90min radar. Recent Rainfall Radar seems to default to the 12hr version.
    It would be nice if these 3 variants had the slider option like the 90min one.

The 90 minute one is on the home page when you go onto met.ie.

The mobile version of the website defaults to 12 hour. Scroll down for links to 24 and 48 hour charts.

Madness to leave this information out, given that all the cancer prevention advice is to watch the UV Index to know when you need sunscreen.

Madness to leave this information out, given that all the cancer prevention advice is to watch the UV Index to know when you need sunscreen.

That's not rocket science is it ? if people need to be told when to wear sun cream then ....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That's not rocket science is it ? if people need to be told when to wear sun cream then ....................

Sort of :confused: No harm in a reminder.

Current weather is a classic example. Its the first sun this year that could cause bad sunburn but some people won't cop on because its not really summer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Joe Public

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/dublin

They had UV index down as moderate today

Joe Public wrote: »
    https://www.met.ie/forecasts/dublin

They had UV index down as moderate today

Thanks, good to see it.

I noticed that the rainfall radar isn't accurate at all, showed mist or light rainfall this morning over this part of Dublin and there wasn't a drop of rain/mist. I've noticed this before a lot and it shows heavier rainfall than is actually falling.

• Advertisement

I noticed that the rainfall radar isn't accurate at all, showed mist or light rainfall this morning over this part of Dublin and there wasn't a drop of rain/mist. I've noticed this before a lot and it shows heavier rainfall than is actually falling.

There were short periods of rain over south Dublin this morning.

Advertisement