Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Well if you read the thread you'd know my melon cup size... I stated it

Who insinuated you were crude? I didn't

OOOO alll right...

I thought I offended you but maybe it was calling you innocent..

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

I don‘t think the Irish men are particularly shorter than the EU average and I see men above 6ft all the time. Although some of them could also be N/E European origin...

I don’t doubt that taller guys are quite popular with women in general and therefore often taken.

I also have observed that a few men would be a bit intimidated by tall women and opt for shorter girls.
    However, the tall girls I know didn’t have a problem with finding the right guy in the end!

And your are only 27 - you still have plenty of time to find your extra- tall Mr. Right!

Imo threads on Boards (esp in AH) often result in frank, sarcastic and controversial replies.
    It really can be a minefield sometimes.
    However, threats of any kind should result in an immediate ban! That’s unacceptable!
    Mentioning some „physical attributes“ in posts also brings out the creeps unfortunately.

I‘d recommend to take a lot of the replies on here with a grain of salt ... don‘t take it too personal!

Some of the replies are actually quite witty and made me laugh. So, kudos to some of the posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You need to go on holiday to the midlands when it is safe again OP. They breed them big over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What I find wonderful about tall girls is due to their longer legs, they usually stumble when attempting to run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

JoChervil wrote: »
    So going for a short one would be a Mummy syndrome then...

Probably, but it would have to be very short - one of the little puddings on the prowl in this thread is 5 foot 2.

Midget check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

You need to go on holiday to the midlands when it is safe again OP. They breed them big over there.

Do you mean in scotland cause I know that. I have 5 friends who are Scottish and one of them goes I found ya a man for when youre here in summer and Im like yay and she goes hes from Belfast :(:(:(:pac:

Surely he can’t mean The Darkness, Airbourne, or Steel Panther?

Do you like the darkness? SP are great

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do you like the darkness?
    Can't go wrong with Justin
    498398.jpg

Alas I stopped growing when I was 12.....

Never quite got to 6' 2":(

Do you mean in scotland cause I know that. I have 5 friends who are Scottish and one of them goes I found ya a man for when youre here in summer and Im like yay and she goes hes from Belfast :(:(:(:pac:
    The Irish midlands, do a cycling tour or something.
    That's where the biggest boyos are.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

alexv wrote: »
    Probably, but it would have to be very short - one of the little puddings on the prowl in this thread is 5 foot 2.

Midget check!

That's would be me... 5'2" a bona-fide Smurfette... Aww, thanks for the compliment, I sure am a sweet little pudding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Irish midlands, do a cycling tour or something.
    That's where the biggest boyos are.

I wouldn't recommend a cycling tour. They'd be in no state to enjoy the charms of those Midlands bean stalks after those saddles.

Lolle06 wrote: »
    I don‘t think the Irish men are particularly shorter than the EU average and I see men above 6ft all the time. Although some of them could also be N/E European origin...

I don’t doubt that taller guys are quite popular with women in general and therefore often taken.

I also have observed that a few men would be a bit intimidated by tall women and opt for shorter girls.
    However, the tall girls I know didn’t have a problem with finding the right guy in the end!

And your are only 27 - you still have plenty of time to find your extra- tall Mr. Right!

Imo threads on Boards (esp in AH) often result in frank, sarcastic and controversial replies.
    It really can be a minefield sometimes.
    However, threats of any kind should result in an immediate ban! That’s unacceptable!
    Mentioning some „physical attributes“ in posts also brings out the creeps unfortunately.

I‘d recommend to take a lot of the replies on here with a grain of salt ... don‘t take it too personal!

Some of the replies are actually quite witty and made me laugh. So, kudos to some of the posters!

I concur, the threats were way out of line.

And yes, few witty retorts

I did take it personally initially, with the video post, vitriolic commentary and being wrongfully accused of discrimination and the OP being threatened.

However, now I realise the short guys just ended up in the wrong thread.

All is right in the World again!

Girl join the GirlCrew app or give me a shout and we can go for a pint when all the COVID19 madness dies down ! :pac::cool:

Clothes for our height - try extra tall range from Next.ie plus theyve a sale at the moment! :)

@ShayNannigan nice to see you here on Disney's thread.
    I adore rock and some metal...to quote Nietzsche "Without music, life would be a mistake... "

I'm in the Smurfette category myself regarding height and am attracted to tall guys and my most recent ex is just over 6'1"

All my female friends are tall, so I'm the odd one out in that sense but I'm cool with that...

Disney and yourself will be able to relate, so I'm glad you have someone to talk about clothes for your height and so forth.

I've no-one to talk bout short girl issues, even the sun visor in my car is useless to me!

Ultrflat wrote: »
    OOOO alll right...

I thought I offended you but maybe it was calling you innocent..

No offence taken whatsoever

Yes....shock horror :pac: A 6'4" guy among a group of 6'7" guys also does, funnily enough :)

That's true, however, he was talking about an average standard, funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

No offence taken whatsoever

Brillant how was your afternoon delight :pac::D

I went with, this slated carmel
    231310.jpg

I feel so naughty :(

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Brillant how was your afternoon delight :pac::D

I went with, this slated carmel
    231310.jpg

I feel so naughty :(

That's not naughty at all. Can't resist but slated caramel? Only kidding I knew what you meant.

'Ah ah afternoon delight'...went better than I expected.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    You come across as a bit of a Pat Mustard "and now to motorboat Mrs. O''Reilly". Except a female version, a Patricia Mustard as such.

Pat Mustard really floats my boat..hee hee

Love pat lol and he's more of a gent than most of the lads who saw this post and messaged me lol

He parked it in the kitchen with the candlestick lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

6'2"

I'm keeping social distancing. Ironically to ensure the species survive.

YFlyer wrote: »
    6'2"

I'm keeping social distancing. Ironically to ensure the species survive.

Is he single though?? And what county for our pie chart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Isn't it gas that when someone doesn't like a reply, they call the poster a 'short guy' like it's the worst thing you could say to a man.

I just see it as a catty childish reply. It doesn't show them up well at all.

Is he single though?? And what county for our pie chart

Yes single for now. Concentrating on my PhD write up.

Limerick City

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Not particularly.

I prefer the great late Hitchslap myself...

Just with you going on about some short mythical resurrected short guy, I thought you were being sarcastic and instead a fan of Sam Harris or even better the Hitch himself.

Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,283 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

pablo128 wrote: »
    Isn't it gas that when someone doesn't like a reply, they the call the poster a 'short guy' like it's the worst thing you could say to a man.

It's hilarious, especially when they say it to women.

Obligatory lol.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Isn't it gas that when someone doesn't like a reply, they the call the poster a 'short guy' like it's the worst thing you could say to a man.

Or ginger pablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Love pat lol and he's more of a gent than most of the lads who saw this post and messaged me lol

That’s George Burgess :pac: has a more intimidating figure ever prowled these hallowed car parks?!

Bobblehats wrote: »
    That’s George Burgess :pac: has a more intimidating figure ever prowled these hallowed car parks?!
    A1 Sharon...

• Advertisement

It's hilarious, especially when they say it to women.

Obligatory lol.

If you're referring to me in my reply to Sam, I wasn't calling him a 'short guy' it's was in relation to a post regarding a guy called Jesus Christ and Sam said he was a short arse.

I've never heard of him myself so can't really comment

Oh, and just to repeat myself over and over, this is a thread about Tall Guys not short guys. Think you would have guessed that from the title?

The rudimentary Pie Charts and so forth that we're employing in this thread are exclusively for the compilation of Tall Guy data. So, I'm still bewildered that there's any short guys here at all :rolleyes:

Advertisement