Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free physical Revolut card

Options
  • 26-11-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭

To celebrate Cyber Monday this year, revolut decided to allow all new and existing customers who have not previously ordered a physical card to get their first standard card for free.

the card itself is very handy to have and can be used for multiple currencies at once so wether you’re shopping online in America or the U.K. for example or want to get Netflix cheap from turkey this card is a must have in my opinion

This is not an affiliate link and I’m not profiting in anyway just sharing

https://blog.revolut.com/how-to-get-a-free-revolut-card/

The internet isn’t for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What are the benefits of the revolut card?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What are the benefits of the revolut card?

Better rates on say Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I use the virtual card and have never owned a physical card from them. Just wondering if I need it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

adox wrote: »
    I use the virtual card and have never owned a physical card from them. Just wondering if I need it at all.

Do you ever leave Ireland? If so then there worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Technically you don't need it if you assign your virtual card to your Google pay account. You can just pay by tapping your phone.

Simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Do you have to pay a levy to the government like for standard debit/credit cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes you have to pay the Government stamp duty. On Revolut debit card it's charged 12c per ATM transaction and capped at €2.50 per year for ATM only transactions. If you use it for both ATM and card transactions then the cap is €5 just like any other debit card here. You can blame the Irish Government for that.

https://community.revolut.com/t/irish-customers/3901

It's also worth noting that Revolut charge higher exchange rates on weekends than weekdays. They are still cheaper than your bank though and their currency exchange rates on weekdays are interbank rates so near identical to those on xe.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cubah

OmegaGene wrote: »

Yes you do. It's tax, unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cubah

What tax ? If you don’t withdraw from an atm what tax is there to pay ??

Someone asked "Do you have to pay a levy to the government like for standard debit/credit cards?" and you replied no.

I'm simply saying that you're incorrect. There is a levy like there is for standard debit cards. You're right though, it's only for withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

listermint wrote: »
    Technically you don't need it if you assign your virtual card to your Google pay account. You can just pay by tapping your phone.

Simple

Only if it's a MasterCard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Simple

Or watch in my case :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

pm1977x wrote: »
    Do you have to pay a levy to the government like for standard debit/credit cards?

Only if you withdraw cash(12c/ ATM withdrawal). As of now if you never withdraw cash you will not pay a fee/levy.

Phone breaks or dies not so simple

Yeah ok.

And the sea levels rise over night and we all need scuba gear.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Only if it's a MasterCard?

No I think they take visa too. Sign up and see. Cost you nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

No I think they take visa too. Sign up and see. Cost you nothing

I've already an account, just thought it only worked for MasterCard. Most give it a try so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

bromley52 wrote: »
    Only if you withdraw cash(12c/ ATM withdrawal). As of now if you never withdraw cash you will not pay a fee/levy.
    And only if its a withdrawal within Ireland.

You can withdraw abroad with no such fee although some foreign countries have their own annoying atm withdrawal fees (USA :mad:).

Just tap everywhere. It's what its great for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks OP. I have one already ... dead handy fir eBay and AliExpress!!

Wanted to get one for each of the grown up kids to protect their own Debit card when online..... was waiting for it to come around FREE again..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Trying to send MXN to someone and it doesn't give me an option on the other currency drop down.
    Revolut website says 23 ccy's including MXN but on mine, it has Moroccan Dirham (MAD) instead of Mexican Peso (MXN) on the currency dropdown?
    Won't let me add MXN and I've contacted Revolut but no response.
    Anybody else having the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Such an amount of naysaying for something FREE!!

Cheers OP. Already have one. Revolut is ace.

Not sure this is a deal since my first card was free regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 oliver29

Very handy to leave in the car in case the wallet get's forgotten. Tap's great too, but can't take out cash here yet.

Plus great to bring on hols or nights out. My regular cards don't allow me to disable/enable then adhoc like the revolut app does.

I paid for shipping when receiving mine and wouldn't be without it (even if i use my original virtual one more - amazon etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

where can I find it free, I went in on app and it said get now for €5.99?

Does Revolut support Android or Garmin Pay?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I use the card all the time, purely for the "Vaults" option. It rounds up any transaction on my card to the nearest euro, and puts it into a seperate savings account on the card. So everytime I buy something I am also putting money into savings.

Over time it builds up and is a handy way of saving for christmas etc. If you want to go all out you can double it each time as well to save quicker.

It works the same way as any other MasterCard or Visa card
    Depends which one you get

Ok but my mastercard is with BOI and isn't suported yet I take it it's the same for revolut. That's a pity. Any Idea with Garmin Pay?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Does Revolut support Android or Garmin Pay?

Yes, it supports Google Pay, both by topping up with a separate Google Pay enabled card and for being used as a Google Pay card itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What's the advantage of having a visa one over MasterCard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What's the advantage of having a visa one over MasterCard?

I have both. My Visa cards is registered in the UK so satisfies the requirements of some websites to have a UK card. The MasterCard is registered in Romania (!).

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

is the offer over? when I try to get it, it is charging me €5.99 delivery. Am I doing something wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Should be 3 delivery options.

or free - slower delivery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement