Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell if a guy fancies you?

• 21-12-2006 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

How can you tell if a guy fancies/loves/has feelings for you? If your a guy what do you do when you fancy someone?

[if a guy friend seems dash to hide his man infront of you whatever way he can (sit at desk, coat etc.), and sustains a flush for a few mins, yet looks content/bright/smiles like there's nothing wrong, is this just an involuntary thing or what? (or is he just tired/faint/panicked or something?) I really apologise but i don't know any men that i could ask this question to]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

[if a guy friend seems dash to hide his man infront
    Do you mean penis / erection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

him getting a boner whenever you're around is a pretty solid sign that he's into you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

If he gets drunk on a night out and doesn't text you, then he doesn't fancy you. Modern times have made it too easy for you ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

fade2black wrote:
    If he gets drunk on a night out and doesn't text you, then he doesn't fancy you. Modern times have made it too easy for you ladies.
    lol, QFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

"how can you tell if a guy fancies you?"

he talks to you for more than 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is it not a bit werid the chap getting a stiffy every time he talks to you? he Must be very excitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Is it not a bit werid the chap getting a stiffy every time he talks to you? he Must be very excitable.

Nah, I get a big one for my significant other every time I see her too :D

OP, he likes you from the sounds of things.... You have to read between the lines with us lads most of the time but if he's getting a stiffy, take it for granted he's into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

fade2black wrote:

LOL! :D That must be the truest thing I've ever read here! Nice one fade2black. I'm still laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

tman wrote:
    him getting a boner whenever you're around is a pretty solid sign that he's into you...

or would like to be!

"pretty solid.." :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have a friend who had that same problem when ever he was near a girl he worked with. And they worked in a small enough shop so it was a little awkward for him :D

I say go for it, OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

He's definitely into you. :) Its tough on him though, can be really embarrassing if it happens at the wrong moment. So make it a bit easier on him and approach him if you're interested. :)

....... queue American Pie moment :D (joking btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Easiest way is to suss him out in a few txt messages!!Ask him who he likes at the moment etc!!

Other ways would be flirt flirt and then when your finished flirting
    flirt some more especially if he responds to it :):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Not wanting to be the solitary cloud here, but for me there is quite a bit of a difference between fancying a girl and just desiring to copulate with her. The erection would only prove the latter.'

[if a guy friend seems dash to hide his man infront of you whatever way he can (sit at desk, coat etc.), and sustains a flush for a few mins, yet looks content/bright/smiles like there's nothing wrong, is this just an involuntary thing or what? (or is he just tired/faint/panicked or something?) I really apologise but i don't know any men that i could ask this question to]

If he's that sensitive I reckon he'd probably 'finish' after about 5 seconds. Is he really worth it at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OP, do you dress or behave in an alluring way?

The only similar problem I've had was years ago working the front counter and the girls would rub their nipples on my shoulder blades as they squeeze past. Self restraint in front of the customers was ... difficult.

If you are interested, invite him for a sandwich at lunchtime. Talk. Get friendly. Put him at ease and use your own initiative from there.
    isthisjazz wrote:
    If he's that sensitive I reckon he'd probably 'finish' after about 5 seconds. Is he really worth it at all??
    Yes. Not least because it'll be up in another 3 minutes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

fade2black wrote:

Totally true! :D
    Also very funny... Well done Fade2Black

'Tanx for the replies! Em, sometimes a glimpse of clevage? I think I'm in need of more advice on what guys do when they fancy someone, so I can be sure to know with other guys?'

'Tanx for the replies! Em, sometimes a glimpse of clevage? I think I'm in need of more advice on what guys do when they fancy someone, so I can be sure to know with other guys?'

He gets an erection seeing your cleavage? (been there myself with a workmate) Doesnt mean he fancies you.Just means he likes your boobs!
    If he talks to u/texts u a lot thats another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Botswana

There are two types of men in this world: confident and shy.

With confident men it's easy. If they like you they'll talk to you, give you more attention than other girls, try to make you laugh, and in general be quite charming. It should be obvious really.

With shy men it's another matter altogether. (I'm not shy, so I can't really comment on this bit.)

Is he shy or confident?

By the way, him getting a boner is a bit weird. I would not see that as a sign he fancies you. He just wants to have sex. Very different things!

What age is he??
    fade2black wrote:

I would like to add that this is brilliant advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

aswer wrote:
    Doesnt mean he fancies you.Just means he likes your boobs!
    Probably just means you have boobs tbh;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

[from experiance] if he always always txts u back like right away then he must have some feelings..i know if i dont have cred i just hop onto webtxt and reply or send the txt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You can tell because (say in a work situation for example) you'll catch him once or twice looking at you from across the room.

The reason you catch him once or twice is because he was subtle enough to to be seen by you on the other 30 or 40 occasions that day.

The boner is not a sure thing however. I frequently get a boner around yore ma. Doesn't mean I fancy her tho.

So basically if you catch a guy looking at you a lot it's not because he's seen a booger hanging from your nose or thinks you're freakishly ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

fade2black wrote:

That can't be true?! If a guy texts you when he gets drunk it means he likes you? :confused:

'
    Botswana wrote:
    There are two types of men in this world: confident and shy........What age is he??

He's 24? bit shy.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Botswana wrote:
    There are two types of men in this world: confident and shy.
    What age is he??

I'm the same age as yer man and I'm shy. I know if it was me I'd really appreciate a girl making the effort especially cos its a bit of a role reversal on the "traditional" way these things are done.

And tbh I think you're pretty much guaranteed that he's a least some way interested. If a guy gets an erection just from you being around its hardly because you repulse him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

fade2black wrote:

QFT! I'm still laughing at that one, nice one F2B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

No way is this true...
    I never text a girl i really fancy when i'm drunk i text all the girls i think i can afford to lose from my phonebook but might just ease my cravings now that i'm drunk and havent picked up....
    u should flirt a bit and if he responds baboom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PrincessFiona

From a girl (that gets a fair bit of male attention...and i'm not boasting ;) !) you can pretty much tell if someone fancies you by his eyes, he keeps looking at you, trying to gain eye contact i.e. he "can't take his eyes of you".
    Men are not as subtle as us ladies, they tell jokes, try to make us laugh, boast and any general showing-off....nice workin that clevage gal!!

He's all your if u want it, by the looks of things! :eek:

Advertisement