Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky "Other Channels" problem

• 21-04-2012 6:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a sky subscriber. I have the "5" channels & itv/bbc regions channels stored in "other channels".

Everytime I want to access the other channels menu I get asked for my pin. This is a real pain, because everytime I want to view something in here I have to enter my pin everytime.

So for example if I want to watch 5* I have to enter my pin, then if theres nothing on there I want to watch I have to go back to services menu, other channels & re eneter the pin again if wanted to check say bbc4 or whatever.

I checked the "Parental Controls" menu & I don't have a lock on any channels.

It's just a regular sky box, no sky+ or anything.

Is there anyway of getting rid of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I thought there was an option under the parental control part where you could select/deselect the PIN request.

I know I got rid of it one time while on the phone to Sky about something else. I happened to mention it and they were able to switch it off. But check the settings again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Eric Isherwood

I have a Sky + non Sub and when i try to get into other channels it asks me for a pin but I forgot the number and i can't ring Sky.Anybody have any suggestions to over-ride this. I have tried last 4 numbers of old card in the box but does not work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

tdv123 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a sky subscriber. I have the "5" channels & itv/bbc regions channels stored in "other channels".

Everytime I want to access the other channels menu I get asked for my pin. This is a real pain, because everytime I want to view something in here I have to enter my pin everytime.

So for example if I want to watch 5* I have to enter my pin, then if theres nothing on there I want to watch I have to go back to services menu, other channels & re eneter the pin again if wanted to check say bbc4 or whatever.

I checked the "Parental Controls" menu & I don't have a lock on any channels.

It's just a regular sky box, no sky+ or anything.

Is there anyway of getting rid of this?
    Its is to do with your Parental Controls have you ever had an other card in that box?
    I have a Sky + non Sub and when i try to get into other channels it asks me for a pin but I forgot the number and i can't ring Sky.Anybody have any suggestions to over-ride this. I have tried last 4 numbers of old card in the box but does not work!
    you need to use a card with a known PIN to remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

You must have "Remove Adult Channels" or one or more channels blocked -- that's why it asks for a PIN for "Other Channels"

P.S. -- BBC FOUR is on the EPG and is not needed in "Other Channels"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

P.S. -- BBC FOUR is on the EPG and is not needed in "Other Channels"

Is there any way of moving them up in the EPG?

I have BBC 1 NI and BBC2 NI at 141 and 142 and BBC 3 and BBC 4 are at 200 and something.Is there any way of putting them directly below BBC1 and 2 in the EPG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

No the epg cant be altered or changed.
    You could put them into your favourites, then they would be quicker to access via the blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You can put most of the channels you requested onto the epg.
    See the card trick ar http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353483
    You can get a free card (see here) by filling in the form at http://www.setanta.com/ie/Contact-Us/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

You can change the pin on the Sky website if you login

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arnold820

muffler wrote: »
    I thought there was an option under the parental control part where you could select/deselect the PIN request.

I know I got rid of it one time while on the phone to Sky about something else. I happened to mention it and they were able to switch it off. But check the settings again though.
    had the same problem with every time I wanted to view other channels the pin was requested, deselecting pin request allows to view other channels uninterrupted.

Advertisement