Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainerroad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dahat wrote:
    What was the question?
    Swapping out a sweet spot base Saturday workout for a longer traditional base one. They kinda went off at a tangent from there...

Brailsford giving it a go, but Mr Marginal Gains not understanding "Power Match"

https://www.strava.com/activities/1989317282

And Ted King too apparently. They make a big deal of them not paying anyone to use the software, so no sponsored athletes like other options...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

He is really good at hitting the target power, my graphed look nothing like that :)

Boscoirl wrote: »
    He is really good at hitting the target power, my graphed look nothing like that :)
    Depends on power smoothing, doesn't it, and I think the kickr is particularly known for that? He was using the turbo power, not his stages. Or maybe he has a really smooth pedal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭joey100

Anyone using trainer road with an ant+ tablet? Currently using with a laptop and ant+ key but looking at changing my set up around. Have used with a bluetooth phone and the kickr and worked well but power meter is ant+ only so if I could get a tab with ant+ on it it would be great. From my quick search it seems like mainly samsung tabs that have it enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

joey100 wrote: »
    Anyone using trainer road with an ant+ tablet? Currently using with a laptop and ant+ key but looking at changing my set up around. Have used with a bluetooth phone and the kickr and worked well but power meter is ant+ only so if I could get a tab with ant+ on it it would be great. From my quick search it seems like mainly samsung tabs that have it enabled.

i tried first time with my amazon fire last night. it picked up bluetooth no issue and power readings went through on trainer road from kickr. but there was no ant+ shwoing even though i'd downloaded the app. not sure why that was so please help techies. wasn't picking up cadence or speed it seemed as a result. didn't have my hrm with me so can't tell if that was missing too. i have basic knowledge of some vital cycling technological advance, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭joey100

I'm not 100% sure the amazon fire tablet has ant+, so you can download the app for it but the tablet itself doesn't have the ant+ receiver.

This is a list I found of tablets that have ant+ receivers in them. I think for most you would probably still need to install the app also. I'm not sure if this is a complete list but was all I could find.

https://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/60/~/

Nearest I've done is a tablet (and phone) with Ant+ Dongle and an OTG cable. There's an Ant+ Tester App, which steps you through all the other installs your device needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If the hardware is built in then there are no issues using TR with ant+ on android. I've run it this way on an android phone before. That said Bluetooth is more reliable if you have that option available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone created the TrainerRoad ftp test on Training Peaks? Ive always used this format but loathe to pay a monthly fee for the test alone.

I've tried to create it but made a balls each time if someone has done this already.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone created the TrainerRoad ftp test on Training Peaks? Ive always used this format but loathe to pay a monthly fee for the test alone.
    Ramp, 20 or 8 minute test? I actually thought all were standard tests, and just with the ramp they have their own equation for giving the training FTP. My bolt has the 20 minute test on it as a standard workout - I gave up my training peaks sub, but I'm surprised it doesn't have an 8 or 20 minute test to the same protocol tbh.

20 min test.

I have a format from my coach but it's different to what I've used historically so trying to re create the format to sync with the garmin unit vua connect iq app.

I'll look around TP later, as you said surely one there to add to calender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

trainer road, zwift etc.. ant+ on an android tablet

i did it on a samsung phone with a micro usb adapter, one end micro usb into phone, the other end is normal size and takes the ant+ usb key.. then there are ant+ apps to be got off google play, if you just type in ant+ youl see them, i think theres 3 that are needed.. ant+ plugins service, ant+ plugin manager and ant radio service.. after all that it worked fine , cant see why the same wouldnt work on any android tablet,

micro usb adapter
    https://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_715479.html?wid=1433363&currency=EUR&vip=14577967&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwIK2mP2B4AIVorztCh1sdAeQEAQYBSABEgJhtfD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Send me your email address and I’ll send you on a months free trainerroad. I have a couple of referrals for free.

Send me your email address and I’ll send you on a months free trainerroad. I have a couple of referrals for free.

Just cancelled my account so I'll need to be creative with email addresses!!! 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I've just bought a tacx vortex and wondering which software to use , trainneroad looks to be down my road excuse the pun ...

I'd rather listen to music and have a structured program ....

Last few years I had a simple turbo and just did gcn 30 min YouTube flat out sessions then went for runs straight after.

Trainerroad dont do free trials tho. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I've just bought a tacx vortex and wondering which software to use , trainneroad looks to be down my road excuse the pun ...

Last few years I had a simple turbo and just did gcn 30 min YouTube flat out sessions then went for runs straight after.

Send me a PM with your name and email address and I can send you a 30 day trial link.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I have a vortex and use zwift. I used to use trainer road but you just get way more out of zwift for the same money. It has structured training, free rides and best of all races. It also has level ups which can be a motivator as you get to unlock new bikes etc. Sweetspot training is great for improving your initial FTP after which you can go for a more structured plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mapaputsi

Anyone who wants a free month of TrainerRoad PM me - I have 3 codes to give away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Mapaputsi wrote: »
    Anyone who wants a free month of TrainerRoad PM me - I have 3 codes to give away

I'll take one thanks..
    Sending pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

I will take one please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Think I've a couple to share... if anyone's interested PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I’d take one if still available. Thanks

I've three available - PM me name and email and I'll do it when I get a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mapaputsi

I've one more left too if anyone wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've one more left too if anyone wants one

I'd take it please and thanks. I don't think I can send private messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

I'd take it please and thanks. I don't think I can send private messages.

Need your name and an email address to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Need your name and an email address to do it.

Figured out I can pm and got sorted thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I would love one too if anyone has a spare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    I would love one too if anyone has a spare!

PM me your name and email address.

Advertisement