Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling bargains from AliExpress & other Chinese websites

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Could post a picture of the jersey you got and how it's different from the Cheji jersey, please

Generic zipper, generic elastic sleeve, generic silicone gripper, missing logo on back, missing small zipper and reflective strip. Seller has refunded me but not before calling me a liar and dishonest. Have ordered again via different seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Generic zipper, generic elastic sleeve, generic silicone gripper, missing logo on back, missing small zipper and reflective strip. Seller has refunded me but not before calling me a liar and dishonest. Have ordered again via different seller.

Very poor copy by the looks of it, missing the mesh upper section too. The sleeves on the original are one of the nicest features, really soft stretchy material.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Anyone order kids gear from Ali ??
    Cheers
    Marty.
    Haven't yet - children specific stuff always seemed over priced, compared to the adult stuff. Hoping to get them some of the XS/ XXS adult kit if I can find the right sizing.

Just in general, I've always found the individual sizing charts accurate enough on Ali. I wouldn't really go with "I normally take a large, go up to XL" - just use the sizing charts, and if the seller doesn't have a great one, weigh up the risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Cheji jersey posted earlier is now one of my favourites - anyone recommend anything similar for the autumn - long sleeves and a bit thicker? I'm thinking of a Raccmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

The Cheji jersey posted earlier is now one of my favourites - anyone recommend anything similar for the autumn - long sleeves and a bit thicker? I'm thinking of a Raccmer
    Yeah see my post earlier in thread, raccmer winter Jersey has been good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Just received 2 new Racmmer jerseys (after buying one last year) - the quality is still great, but they went a little bit up with size. Last year's L was a race fit for me, the new one is a little bit more comfortable (I'm 6'2)

The ladies XS I got for my wife is very long though, I don't know if she's happy with it yet (she's 5'1)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

In real life the XS is actually a little too big for my wife, but after the first spin she is generally happy.

GfLzjcGy-Z63lRTbYc_yNMXHG2cE2XYUenk-5bk297U-2048x1365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭crank_1975

I need a full face helmet for DH MTB and some knee / elbow pads. What is peoples view on the stuff on Ali? I was thinking that the helmet may not have gone through the same safety testing that ones on chain reaction etc would have but the knee / elbow ones should be workable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

crank_1975 wrote: »
    I need a full face helmet for DH MTB and some knee / elbow pads. What is peoples view on the stuff on Ali? I was thinking that the helmet may not have gone through the same safety testing that ones on chain reaction etc would have but the knee / elbow ones should be workable?

I wouldn't be bothered with them to be honest the high end brands are uncomfortable enough to wear I'd imagine the chinese ones are all kinds of terrible.

You'll pick up a 661 lid for half nothing same for their pads.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/661-comp-helmet-bolt-red-blue-2017/rp-prod141213

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another good plug for the Cheij jersey, nice fit and good quality.

I got an XL and for reference I wear a Strike fitted L Vergesport & Large Strike Aero fit racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

Has anyone bought carbon handlebars on aliexpress?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bsb1971 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought carbon handlebars on aliexpress?

That would be the last item I'd buy, handlebars are one thing not to scrimp on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭ratracer

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Anyone order kids gear from Ali ??
    Cheers
    Marty.

Just spotted this thread now, I bought the young fella (10) a set of Sky kit. Quality is grand. It's held up well on the wash too. I can't remember my log in details atm, but will try post a link to the store next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

ratracer wrote: »
    Just spotted this thread now, I bought the young fella (10) a set of Sky kit. Quality is grand. It's held up well on the wash too. I can't remember my log in details atm, but will try post a link to the store next week.

Best you don't post a link or links to replica gear or discuss it or the thead as will go the same way as all the others that contain links to such kik. Please see 1st post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Do you have a link for that jersey on your wife Alek?
    Would she be a size 8 or smaller in normal clothes?
    Looks like a nice jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Should have posted this in my other post but couldn't find the link.

Raincoat - rockbrosbike Store - 11.29 euro

http://s.aliexpress.com/RZJjuM73

Got this to have in my jersey pocket for the typical Irish summers day. Nice and small when packed up and fits in nice on your back. Have used it for an adventure race running and cycling sections and it does nicely to keep the rain off while not boiling you.

Again I went for a Medium and fits snug over the jersey.

Is it anyway breathable? It looks like old-granny-plastic-mac kind of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)

1bryan wrote: »
    just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)

You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.

I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.
    ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.

nice try, all the same

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣:D
    that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.

If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.
    again, nope, there's nothing in my browser cache other than reams and reams of stackoverflow searches and an occasional visit to the guardian or boards.ie (unless you're suggesting one of those may be responsible?).

It's a canned image containing what I described (rather than a collection of individual images). If Image contains cycling-related stuff show to person who previously bought cycling stuff, type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

They are very, very smart - that's why they have basically taken over the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

nice try, all the same

I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.

Totally agree with this. It is GE way google ads operate.

that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH

You're welcome ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

nice try, all the same

Google ads are that smart. I got ads for plug sockets with inbuilt usb ports an hour after having a conversation about a redesign of our building and they were specifically talked about.

Changed my mic settings after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right)

What a time to be alive

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Google ads are that smart. I got ads for plug sockets with inbuilt usb ports an hour after having a conversation about a redesign of our building and they were specifically talked about.

Changed my mic settings after

that explains it then. Must have been that dream I had about a latex woman...... :D

Advertisement