Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Dundalk New Covid-19 Policy

Options
  • 25-03-2020 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just in case anyone is going to the main Tesco in Dundalk, they now limiting the amount of people entering the store at any one time.

Please note the security guards are not exactly doing it right and people are on top of each other.

Might be an idea to avoid and go elsewhere.

Also there are gangs off black youths verbally abusing people there, me being one of them until they were challenged.

Very disappointed with the security guards inability to control the situation and the attitude of the above grouping to social distancing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The place was a free for all on Saturday afternoon. No social distancing, no wipes or hand sanitisers beside trolleys, parents and children seemingly out for a fun day out shopping. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Drove in for flour yesterday evening, saw the state of their set up and drove straight back out.

Aldi Newry Road or Dunnes in Coxes seem to have a better reign on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Unfortunately in Ireland the security can do nothing and to be honest would you blame them for not wanting too.... Stay safe and do as you did move on....

I would highly suggest contacting the store though and letting them know as if nobody complains the country will be just as bad but I can see it getting worse as the scum know they're getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Dont worry I had the youths scattering I will not take crap off anyone from any grouping.

This is the new over entitled Ireland, its all about me me me.

I am looking after two cancer survivors and I have to take extreme measures not to get infected and these pricks are doing what they want.

As for the security guards they are brain dead and they are putting themselves at risk not using basic control.

People should look after each other and forget about this Me Fein crap as humans are dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dont worry I had the youths scattering I will not take crap off anyone from any grouping.

This is the new over entitled Ireland, its all about me me me.

I am looking after two cancer survivors and I have to take extreme measures not to get infected and these pricks are doing what they want.

As for the security guards they are brain dead and they are putting themselves at risk not using basic control.

People should look after each other and forget about this Me Fein crap as humans are dying.

Security Gaurds essentially have no power and to be honest they are best doing what our police force does.... Nothing as its safer that way....

They ain't paid enough....

Put it this way if the sh1t hits the fan, I'll be turning the bus off and jumping out of it, I ain't going to put my life in danger for it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Fooking days we're talking about what happened in a local Tesco.

The days ........

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

security guards are the cunning twats of this country. there is no remit in regard to them.

it is totally ludicrous to consider that these have 'no power'; they're kiddin' yah.

they have massive central computers, monitors, ear-pieces; and, it would no surprise me even if they have 'facial recognition' now; - is that connected to eyes being scanned? has that started at any Tesco?

this country is in an overwhelming hail of, s., sec., secur., S.S., s.s., S.S. security mobs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I heard it was the size of four cats, and has a retractable leg so it can leap at you better. Also it's luminous in the dark, has four ears, two are normal ears and the other two are just backup ears. It claws the size of cups, an unexplained phobia of stamps, a magnetic tail, and instead of a face it has four arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Fooking days we're talking about what happened in a local Tesco.

The days ........

Tesco is a weird one. when they were smaller stores in London, they were great.
    but now these superstores are unrecognisable to many, even the English, persons.

also, that even Warren Buffet reversed the massive investment he once had in Tesco; effectively he completely left Tesco; odd, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

security guards are the cunning twats of this country. there is no remit in regard to them.

it is totally ludicrous to consider that these have 'no power'; they're kiddin' yah.

they have massive central computers, monitors, ear-pieces; and, it would no surprise me even if they have 'facial recognition' now; - is that connected to eyes being scanned? has that started at any Tesco?

this country is in an overwhelming hail of, s., sec., secur., S.S., s.s., S.S. security mobs.

Jim Corr back in dundalk. Great to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

What are you lot of muppets on about, go back under your collective rocks....

Advertisement