Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Refund delays are usually just the business delaying processing the refund
    It's the same with most of them
    Do a card charge back
    You'll have the money back in 48hrs

Waiting for weeks for a company to do it is so 1998
    Complaining about it is a waste of time

Thanks for your advice. I never knew I could initiate a charge back. I've just got off the phone to visa and it's all done, they were great.

Affluenza wrote: »
    4 working days waiting for one refund and three for the other one... And I just checked my bank and one of the payments have gone from pending to cleared.

With a claim back, wouldn't I have to bring proof with me to show the orders were cancelled? Not looking to spend an hour in the bank to get it sorted :/

Visa said to me the fact that it was non receipt of goods makes it so much simpler. Give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Thanks for your advice. I never knew I could initiate a charge back. I've just got off the phone to visa and it's all done, they were great.

Yeah you can do the visa charge back over the phone
    Its sepa direct debit that you need to fill in the form at the branch for

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Mortelaro wrote: »
    No
    Just walk into your branch and fill out a form
    I had my money back in 48 hours
    No faffing about at all!

Hi, thanks. Do I need to take anything with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Samson1 wrote: »
    ..... or Chat. That's the only way I could contact them - and to be fair it worked!

Where's the chat option?

• Advertisement

rks wrote: »
    Where's the chat option?

Don't bother with chat.

They are rarely online and when they are they are useless in solving any issue.

Chat can be found here - https://n.vodafone.ie/support/pay-as-you-go-hub.html

"Sorry, we have no agents available at the moment.
    Our opening hours are between 8am GMT and 10pm GMT, Monday to Sunday."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Affluenza wrote: »
    Hi, thanks. Do I need to take anything with me?

Visa you can do over the phone as posted above
    Sepa DD,no,your branch will just log in to your account
    Just photo ID and show them the debit you want reversed
    It's your money and your right under EU Sepa rules

Where's the chat option?

Found it but....

Sorry, we have no agents available at the moment.
    Our opening hours are between 8am GMT and 10pm GMT, Monday to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Amouar

What's the phone number for visa chargebacks? or do you just call your bank?

Last time i did a visa chargeback i had to do it through the post and had to send all the relevant docs (screenshot of emails etc)

Amouar wrote: »
    What's the phone number for visa chargebacks? or do you just call your bank?

Last time i did a visa chargeback i had to do it through the post and had to send all the relevant docs (screenshot of emails etc)

(01) 6685500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not sure if this is allowed, but will this work?

Order a free sim card from another provider
    Get the new number
    Order a phone from VF and say i'm transferring from another provider
    Use the phone number from the free sim card (my phone is unlocked so can retrieve the code they send)
    When that's complete, put original VF sim card into the new phone
    I know it's a lot of effort to save €50 in the price difference, but would that work ok?

Yes, for example yesterday "someone"
    • Walked into an Eir Store and got an Eir sim and €10 topup.
    • Walked around the corner to the Vodafone store (same shopping centre)
    • Purchased an Huawei p30 lite on PAYG for €99.99, porting the Eir number to Vodafone to get the €100 discount
    • Charged up the huawei and put their existing vodafone PAYG sim in the new phone
    • Now looking to sell/donate eir €10 topup

The store still had one huawei p30 lite in stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

(01) 6685500

That number is only good for AIB-Visa, other (BoI) need to call different numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

• Purchased an Huawei p30 lite on PAYG for €99.99, porting the Eir number to Vodafone to get the €100 discount
    • Charged up the huawei and put their existing vodafone PAYG sim in the new phone

Did not VD sell u a 20Euro top up? ** i was told i have to pay **

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

That's brilliant, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Akkenn

Akkenn wrote: »
    Ordered the Pixel 3A today and it says my order has been cancelled, will I get my money back or do I have to contact them. worst experience Ive had ordering something online

My order changed to "due for dispatch" and now has gone back to "order is being processed" what does this mean is it going to come or not? If it does then fine if not I want to know so I can figure out how to get my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Akkenn wrote: »
    My order changed to "due for dispatch" and now has gone back to "order is being processed" what does this mean is it going to come or not? If it does then fine if not I want to know so I can figure out how to get my money back

That's normal. It's mentioned a few times in this thread. You'll get the phone.

Found it but....

Sorry, we have no agents available at the moment.
    Our opening hours are between 8am GMT and 10pm GMT, Monday to Sunday.

A quick update guys, I got through to the chat about half an hour back. Took me about half an hour over the chat, trying to explain what has happened.

Finally they found the issue. They are processing my refund, I should get it in 3-5 days.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    That's normal. It's mentioned a few times in this thread. You'll get the phone.

Not necessarily. This happened twice to me and then they cancelled my order without processing the refund. Had to chase them for it.

@rks: I contacted them a second time today and received the refund that evening so you can hopefully expect a refund within 2-3 working days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Looking at this Nokia 4.2 as a cheap back up phone. Only 40 euro after the discount
    Got a Nokia 3 which was unlocked, a couple of years back with the Dunnes vouchers.

Be handy if this Nokia was unlocked also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Berberis wrote: »
    Looking at this Nokia 4.2 as a cheap back up phone. Only 40 euro after the discount
    Got a Nokia 3 which was unlocked, a couple of years back with the Dunnes vouchers.

Link not working.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mac.in wrote: »
    Type *#06# on your phone. You'll get 2 IMEIs. Send both IMEIs for unlock codes mentioning it's a dual-sim phone.

Typing *#06# only throws up one IMEI.

There is nothing in the OS settings or anywhere else to indicate it's dual SIM. SIM in the second slot isn't detected.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'v a dual Sim phone and only one IMEI on the box.
    I read somewhere that if you unlock with the IMEI then both are unlocked.

Did you get yours from Vodafone? If so, was it apparent when you turned it on that it was dual SIM or only after unlocking it?

The model variant, MAR-LX1A, does indeed appear to be specced as dual SIM but I'm wondering if it's software-disabled and requires the OS flashed to get it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Berberis wrote: »

The Samsung would be better for 50

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm just after coming across this thread today, and see that many people have had their orders cancelled. I ordered the Samsung A20e yesterday, and now I'm worried it may now not be in stock. Has anyone had their A20e cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm just after coming across this thread today, and see that many people have had their orders cancelled. I ordered the Samsung A20e yesterday, and now I'm worried it may now not be in stock. Has anyone had their A20e cancelled?

Yep and 2 A40's but not for me.
    I was using Tesco which they have now removed but they are still advertising the Samsungs so it might not have been a stock problem but still waiting for someone to tell me why it was cancelled.

They are a joke of a company for CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I was using Tesco which they have now removed but they are still advertising the Samsungs so it might not have been a stock problem but still waiting for someone to tell me why it was cancelled.

Ah feck :(

Mine is currently at the ‘your order is due for dispatch phase’, but I don’t have much confidence in that.

okidoki987 wrote: »

Ah crap, i've just ordered the A40 this minute!!

how soon after placing an order can you track it online?
    if i press the link from the email, it says "order id is invalid"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ah feck :(

Mine is currently at the ‘your order is due for dispatch phase’, but I don’t have much confidence in that.

You will get it.

Advertisement