Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kaerobe wrote:
    Express VPN has worked perfectly for me and all UK apps

One of the most expensive VPNs but also the most reliable. Its been flawless for me getting Hbo, Hulu, prime US, Netflix US and Disney plus. Well worth the money in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Soarer wrote: »
    Right.
    This yoke arrived last week and I just plugged it in.
    All updates done, and it’s registered to my Amazon account.
    So what would recommend I install now?

Cinema hd

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Best VPN / SmartDNS for using ITVPlayer / BBC iPlayer etc?
    Real Debrid instead of a vpn for streaming anything, it masks torrents & streams are fine, and Smartdnsproxy. com for all the uk/us players and us Netflix. Neither have let me down over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

was this with the 4k stick or the non 4k stick?

Thanks
    podge018 wrote: »
    thanks, done that. Changed location in preferences on firetv device too, still didn't work. Got onto chat, they told me to restart device and it should work. It did. Not sure if they changed some setting or it was just the restart that done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

3rd gen box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

so prime video wont work on this for me, when i contacted amazon they advised it is because i am using it in ROI ( my amazon account is based in the uk)

any way around this, i have tried using VPN to no joy. its a bit annoying that an amazon product seems to be the only thing i am having trouble with.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

recyclops wrote: »
    so prime video wont work on this for me, when i contacted amazon they advised it is because i am using it in ROI ( my amazon account is based in the uk)

any way around this, i have tried using VPN to no joy. its a bit annoying that an amazon product seems to be the only thing i am having trouble with.

Its the new app on the latest firestick thats causing the problem. Install the older version of the app and that will work. Thats what Im using after amazon couldnt get the preinstalled prime video app to work for me in ROI.

Install aptoide
    In aptoide search "prime video"
    Install prime video

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

_John C wrote: »
    Its the new app on the latest firestick thats causing the problem. Install the older version of the app and that will work. Thats what Im using after amazon couldnt get the preinstalled prime video app to work for me in ROI.

Install aptoide
    In aptoide search "prime video"
    Install prime video

This is working for me as well, thanks for posting, will save everyone lots of trouble as long as it keeps working, which it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Apart from Argos where is the best place to pick up one of these? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

I know this is OT, but will the football matches being televised on Prime only work in Ireland if you have a UK based Firestick? Or is it across all Primes worldwide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Soarer wrote: »
    I know this is OT, but will the football matches being televised on Prime only work in Ireland if you have a UK based Firestick? Or is it across all Primes worldwide?

UK only. Premier Sports have those games in roi.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've been trying to buy the firesticks on the curry's website, 5 of them it accepts my order and I do verified by visa but 2 mins later I get an email saying they have canceled my order, any ideas? Not great help ok the phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Using SmartDNSProxy.

All works except BBC iPlayer. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    UK only. Premier Sports have those games in roi.

Bugger.

There’s me recommending it to people.

Smart DNS Proxy (free trial AFAIK) should give you the Premier League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Build up to match working for me anyway with no VPN. Hopefully it'll be the same when the match kicks off.

I do have the UK library but thought they might geoblock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Wheety wrote:

It's illegal for them to geoblock UK content if you have a UK account. EU law allows you to use your home content while visiting any other EU country. UK are bound by this law until they leave the EU. Happy days

Wheety wrote: »
    Build up to match working for me anyway with no VPN. Hopefully it'll be the same when the match kicks off.

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Getflix never fails me and it’s a smart dns
    Worked perfectly for me there with setting up a brand new Amazon.co.uk account with free month prime trial to watch the PL

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Getting video unavailable for footy on prine even tho i have vpn set up and acc set to uk.

Anyone any ideas what's up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

JonnyM wrote: »
    Getting video unavailable for footy on prine even tho i have vpn set up and acc set to uk.

Anyone any ideas what's up?

They it without the VPN, if your account is set to UK then it should just play, mine is playing without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

They it without the VPN, if your account is set to UK then it should just play, mine is playing without issue

Nope still didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Decent coverage of the BUR MNC game. Who are the commentators?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

JonnyM wrote: »
    Nope still didn't work.

I had issues with all prime vids on this guy said it was due to the new stick itself somehow.

Old version of prime video won't play it for me either

Do Curry's have these in store for €35 or is it just online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭ThePott

Do Curry's have these in store for €35 or is it just online?
    Just online AFAIK. Rang them and got diverted to the UK where they told me it was not available in Irish stores and could only be shipped to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

ThePott wrote: »
    Just online AFAIK. Rang them and got diverted to the UK where they told me it was not available in Irish stores and could only be shipped to you.

Only online, I tried in store as there was one locally but no joy. Was able to order online and was delivered within 2/3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Amazon price back up to £49.99 / about €61.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Anyone knows if there's Met Eireann .apk working properly on firestick?

Hopefully not in google store. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just got onto Amazon and told I was in UK and they unlocked both my Firesticks.

Sweet.

Kudos to whoever mentioned it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement