Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Month Amazon Prime for £11.99

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got a refund of £2.26 on my Revolut card for the last week of my previous prime account, so I actually gained in the end, the 3 months cost me £11.99, I then got £10 Amazon credit and another £2.26 back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't want to clog this thread up with it but you need:
    • your account region set to UK
    • your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
    • your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too.

Thanks for this. Should you leave the addresses set like that indefinitely or once Amazon support make the change can you change default delivery back to Ire?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

camz09 wrote: »
    If you are a current student / have a student email address, which I am not/ do not have :(

You dont need to be a current student, I finished college years back but still got it with an old email address. Regardless read the full thread as there is a post in there about getting it without a student email address. Not sure if it works but worth a try if you can get Prime for free for 6 months and then half price till 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

When I click on Amazon pantry, all the items say "currently unavailable". Are they not available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rahyvin

link worked for me. ty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 460 ✭✭TetraSonic55

When I click on Amazon pantry, all the items say "currently unavailable". Are they not available in Ireland?

Amazon pantry isn't available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

You'll need to use the UK address that a delivery company like DPD Parcelwizard gives you to order from Amazon Pantry. I've used them to order pantry boxes a few times, it costs €3.85 for them to deliver it down to your house from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Can anyone confirm if the Premier League matches require UK territory account? Not too clear in advertising. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭obi604

do you still get the 10 pounds amazon credit if you sign up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Can anyone confirm if the Premier League matches require UK territory account? Not too clear in advertising. Thanks in advance

Yes it does

As per mickeroo's post earlier in this thread

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too. __________________

• Advertisement

I have AnPost AddressPal address but I don't think Amazon pantry would deliver there. I got this email:
    Amazon Pantry boxes can't be delivered to the following types of addresses:

- P.O. boxes
    - Amazon Pickup Locations
    - Addresses outside of mainland UK
    - BFPO addresses if the Amazon Pantry item contains hazardous materials.

Could someone confirm if AddressPal address is acceptable for Pantry?

Snow Crash wrote: »
    You'll need to use the UK address that a delivery company like DPD Parcelwizard gives you to order from Amazon Pantry. I've used them to order pantry boxes a few times, it costs €3.85 for them to deliver it down to your house from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

I have AnPost AddressPal address but I don't think Amazon pantry would deliver there. I got this email:
    Amazon Pantry boxes can't be delivered to the following types of addresses:

- P.O. boxes
    - Amazon Pickup Locations
    - Addresses outside of mainland UK
    - BFPO addresses if the Amazon Pantry item contains hazardous materials.

Could someone confirm if AddressPal address is acceptable for Pantry?
    I've never used Addresspal for Pantry but from what I remember it's base address is located in England(St. Albans) so I'm not sure why there's a problem, maybe An Post has a direct agreement with Amazon not to ship them. I received my last Pantry box through Parcelwizard on November 22nd so I know it still works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

After doing all the above address/card changes you need to ask them to set your Prime video territory to uk and you’re done.

What's Prime Video UK Territory? Any advantages? I am using Prime video occasionally as there isn't much there.
    Thanks for the help
    TriStar6 wrote: »
    After doing all the above address/card changes you need to ask them to set your Prime video territory to uk and you’re done.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

No idea apart from if you don’t get that changed you will not be able to use prime video on your uk firestick (4K) and will get error 5505

I don't have Firestick and don't plan to buy one. I use Prime video using TV app.
    TriStar6 wrote: »
    No idea apart from if you don’t get that changed you will not be able to use prime video on your uk firestick (4K) and will get error 5505

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I got a refund of £2.26 on my Revolut card for the last week of my previous prime account, so I actually gained in the end, the 3 months cost me £11.99, I then got £10 Amazon credit and another £2.26 back :)

Thanks, I just switched. How long did it take to get a refund as I just paid yesterday for a new month. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What's Prime Video UK Territory? Any advantages? I am using Prime video occasionally as there isn't much there.
    Thanks for the help

I believe the UK Prime has a bigger selection of content than what we get in Ireland. And also the Premier League. You need to call or chat to them and say you've moved to the UK and get them to change the territory

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Galadriel wrote: »
    Thanks, I just switched. How long did it take to get a refund as I just paid yesterday for a new month. Cheers!

Signed up last Thursday night and got the refund Saturday afternoon.

Thanks so much. Will do now.

Can I give them my AddressPal address?
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    I believe the UK Prime has a bigger selection of content than what we get in Ireland. And also the Premier League. You need to call or chat to them and say you've moved to the UK and get them to change the territory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Paid for this just using Revolut but now the transaction is showing in the revolut app as reverted and declined. This happen anyone else?
    Wasn't doing anything with the region. Just standard purchase.
    Amazon still showing as me having Prime though

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too.

Mickeroo - thanks for the instructions. Do you know if number three is necessary? I don't currently have Revolut or any UK based credit card or banking.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sparko wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Should you leave the addresses set like that indefinitely or once Amazon support make the change can you change default delivery back to Ire?

I would leave them just to be safe.
    cian8 wrote: »
    Mickeroo - thanks for the instructions. Do you know if number three is necessary? I don't currently have Revolut or any UK based credit card or banking.

I think number 3 might not be necessary for streaming content but if you ever want to buy or rent movies or tv shows from the view on demand catalog i think it's necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

I think number 3 might not be necessary for streaming content but if you ever want to buy or rent movies or tv shows from the view on demand catalog i think it's necessary.

Thanks again. I am just interested in streaming at the moment so I will see how it goes.

cian8

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sheepers

I changed my country to UK to allow access to prime video.

I'm now trying to access Amazon Music, but it's asking me to verify my payment method. I use my revolut card but it won't accept it as my region is set to the UK and it's expecting a UK billing address on the card.

Can I keep my Prime Video region as UK AND set my Amazon Music region as Ireland in order to get my card verified on the setup page?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can't understand that either? why is amazon music so strict on billing address?

Apart from Premier league, do you have see huge difference on variety of material available on Amazon Prime UK?
    sheepers wrote: »
    I changed my country to UK to allow access to prime video.

I'm now trying to access Amazon Music, but it's asking me to verify my payment method. I use my revolut card but it won't accept it as my region is set to the UK and it's expecting a UK billing address on the card.

Can I keep my Prime Video region as UK AND set my Amazon Music region as Ireland in order to get my card verified on the setup page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks Mickeroo,

Glad I found this thread - I was all set to watch the City game tonight but copped it wasn't in ROI :mad:

Thanks Mickeroo, just on the last point :

How do I get onto Amazon , is there a number /email.

Will they not question why I want to switch to UK - is there a valid reason I can give them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Big thanks to Mickeroo. Instructions were perfect.

I did it over live chat through the Amazon app on my phone. I didn't even have to give an excuse just said please confirm my settings are set to the UK. They passed me onto a video account person and he did it in two minutes.

Logged into prime app on my phone and can see it has updated.

• Advertisement

Apart from Premier league, do you have see huge difference on variety of material available on Amazon Prime UK?
    mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Big thanks to Mickeroo. Instructions were perfect.

I did it over live chat through the Amazon app on my phone. I didn't even have to give an excuse just said please confirm my settings are set to the UK. They passed me onto a video account person and he did it in two minutes.

Logged into prime app on my phone and can see it has updated.

Advertisement