Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fixing poor plastering

• 09-06-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm hoping some1 can help me, we moved into our new build 18 months ago. Some of the plastering is brutal, problem is it wasnt really visible until all the painting was done. In one instance in the mornings the sun hits the curtains and reflects across onto the walls and it shows how terrible the plastering is. Is there an alternative to re-skimming? Could the walls be sanded or am I dreaming?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Hi guys,
    I'm hoping some1 can help me, we moved into our new build 18 months ago. Some of the plastering is brutal, problem is it wasnt really visible until all the painting was done. In one instance in the mornings the sun hits the curtains and reflects across onto the walls and it shows how terrible the plastering is. Is there an alternative to re-skimming? Could the walls be sanded or am I dreaming?
    Thanks in advance.

Bad skimming will never be able to be put right. It'll always show. Sometimes some job's can take filler to fill in small issues however of it's really bad, just pay to get it reskimmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Vote4Napoleon

kingbhome wrote:
    Bad skimming will never be able to be put right. It'll always show. Sometimes some job's can take filler to fill in small issues however of it's really bad, just pay to get it reskimmed!

Ah balls, thanks for the post.

Advertisement