Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Jeff2 wrote:
    Did you get full passport or card. I guess card and hope they except it.

If you want to get a card passport you must hold a valid full passport with at least 6 months life remaining on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gooser14 wrote: »
    If you want to get a card passport you must hold a valid full passport with at least 6 months life remaining on it.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Did you get full passport or card.
    I guess card and hope they except it.

I'm in the same boat and don't want to pay for a full passport as mine is our of date.

Yes Jeff, it was the full one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Slightly off topic but what's the benefits of having a passport card ? Just easy to put in wallet when abroad and asked for ID ? I know many countries tell you to carry your passport but i never do, just a photocopy of it but i stopped doing that in Asia and never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there a fee for using a Revolut card at an ATM???

I'm under the impression that there isn't (only recently set up my account) but a fella from work said there is (??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Cartman78 wrote: »

I'm under the impression that there isn't (only recently set up my account) but a fella from work said there is (??)

The same for any debit card ATM withdrawal within ROI up to a max of €5/ year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

https://www.revolut.com/help/transaction-issues/atm-withdrawals/why-have-i-been-charged-for-cash-withdrawal

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but what's the benefits of having a passport card ? Just easy to put in wallet when abroad and asked for ID ? I know many countries tell you to carry your passport but i never do, just a photocopy of it but i stopped doing that in Asia and never had any issues.

I think you can only use the passport card within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just updated mine with passport and selfie....

10 minutes later I'm approved....

That was painless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Haven't read back as I've missed heaps of pages but is anyone else getting hassled to verify again even though they did?

I got a notification to upload new selfie and ID last week (some brexit guff), which I did, and I got a confirmation notification that it was accepted. This week I've been getting constant notifications to update the app (it's up to date) and upload a selfie and ID even though it's done. There's not even anywhere in the app any more for me to do it. And then today I got a snotty email from them asking why "for whatever reason" I haven't done it yet.

Just me?

Their support was no help when I tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Just me?

Their support was no help when I tried.

I've got the same thing. Updated new id & selfie earlier in the week & it was approved shortly afterwards. Numerous popup requests & the email since. I've been on to online chat twice & they've said to ignore it & it won't happen again, but it has
    **edit ** just received another pop up to update my details.

jgbyr wrote: »
    I've got the same thing. Updated new id & selfie earlier in the week & it was approved shortly afterwards. Numerous popup requests & the email since. I've been on to online chat twice & they've said to ignore it & it won't happen again, but it has
    **edit ** just received another pop up to update my details.

They must be timed because I got one just there a few minutes ago too. They 'escalated' my issue yesterday (ie: got rid of me) and the snottery email is, of course, from a No-Reply address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would say it's easier for the system to mail everybody then split it up.

I would say it's easier for the system to mail everybody then split it up.

I finally got back on to chat to be informed that my ID wasn't accepted at all even though I was informed it was accepted and the upload link had disappeared from the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Revolut are clearly struggling with Brexit and the change of their licence to allow EU customers to avail of their services. They grew so fast that this was inevitable and I can only imagine how messy it will be once they will start rolling out their banking products.
    All in all they had a very bad month but overall they have been great for me for the last 3 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

interestingly i found that while on android store theres no update, but when i plugged in phone to charge there was update :confused:, so far after uploading and initial message after asking to upload passport id again, haven't gotten any more notifications or emails regarding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

bromley52 wrote: »

The same for any debit card ATM withdrawal within ROI up to a max of €5/ year.

I was charged 12c irish stamp duty for withdrawing €40 at a BOI atm yesterday. Its the first time ive used it at an atm so havent gone over monthly allowance. Do all atms have that fee. I got this card to avoid fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's not the ATM that charges the fee, it's the state! Everytime you withdraw money from an ATM in Ireland you will be charged 12 Cent until you have reached €5 which is the maximum stamp duty imposed by Revenue. Nothing that Revolut or other card issuers can do about it.
    The fee that Revolut charges once you go over their monthly maximum is a separate matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks, was this previously included in the bank fees as ive never been charged per transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Most banks take it all at once at the end of the year, Revolut charge as it's incurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

TheChizler wrote: »
    Most banks take it all at once at the end of the year, Revolut charge as it's incurred.

Which is a lot better! Because if you rarely use your ATM card, your bank still charges you the full amount at the end of the year!

tringle wrote: »
    I was charged 12c irish stamp duty for withdrawing €40 at a BOI atm yesterday. Its the first time ive used it at an atm so havent gone over monthly allowance. Do all atms have that fee. I got this card to avoid fees.

Welcome to rip off Ireland where your government charge you for accessing your own money

antodeco wrote: »
    Which is a lot better! Because if you rarely use your ATM card, your bank still charges you the full amount at the end of the year!

I agree

I got notified that my ID was accepted again and, fingers crossed, no notifications yet to update the app and upload again. My card has stopped working contactless though.

I got notified that my ID was accepted again and, fingers crossed, no notifications yet to update the app and upload again. My card has stopped working contactless though.

Did it fail once or a few times ?
    I’ve used mine quite a few times over the passed few days and it failed twice in random shops for silly amounts

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Did it fail once or a few times ?
    I’ve used mine quite a few times over the passed few days and it failed twice in random shops for silly amounts

Three times in a row now where I've had to insert it and put in the pin. I thought the first time was the too many contactless in a row thing but it has kept failing. Turned on in the app too so I might have to get a replacement.

Three times in a row now where I've had to insert it and put in the pin. I thought the first time was the too many contactless in a row thing but it has kept failing. Turned on in the app too so I might have to get a replacement.

When it failed for me was just after I had used it so I thought I was tapping too often

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Been a few pages back and can't see it but is everyone OK with uploading their passport to revolut for post brexit? On the wall about it a bit

BKWDR wrote: »
    Been a few pages back and can't see it but is everyone OK with uploading their passport to revolut for post brexit? On the wall about it a bit

I'd uploaded it originally to verify anyway so it was no issue doing it again. I just wish they'd accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Pain in the hole to get passport verified.

After 10 verification failures, I used the passport card instead. Worked on first try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement