Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ex RTÉ producer sentenced to 18 months in prison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good enough for him the dirty bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I wonder why some of the other people 'stung' by similar groups in the same way are let off, especially by Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I thought this was going to be about the Secret Producer Twitter yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I do not know if the UK do remission for good behaviour which reduces sentences but this should send out a warning to anyone using the internet to get sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Excellent. I wonder why some of the other people 'stung' by similar groups in the same way are let off, especially by Gardai

Something odd afoot there over the years alright re kids' rights in this land.

That judge Curtin and the expired warrant.

The Irish college guy Ó Lúbhlaí and the missing tape and transcript of the confession

etc.

That is BEFORE we look at RCC cases.

Brits nailed the case here but they've also had high profile embarrassments with investigations of late.

• Advertisement

Seemingly he was charged on other offenses, blackmailing kids to send pictures amongst others

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

doolox wrote: »
    I do not know if the UK do remission for good behaviour which reduces sentences but this should send out a warning to anyone using the internet to get sex.

Apparently they found a **** load of stuff on his laptop, he was chatting to 15-20 young girls and trying to blackmail them into sending pictures.

Apparently they found a **** load of stuff on his laptop, he was chatting to 15-20 young girls and trying to blackmail them into sending pictures.

As young as 8 years old 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

doolox wrote: »
    I do not know if the UK do remission for good behaviour which reduces sentences but this should send out a warning to anyone using the internet to get sex....

...from minors.

You left out that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wont be sad if he is cell mates with an English version of Bubba

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Absolute filthy pig. I feel sorry for his family and especially his elderly mother who I’m led to believe is compleley and utterly heartbroken over this.

Now that the case is done and dusted here's the original sting of 55 year old former RTE producer Kieran Creaven by a group of self-styled pedophile hunters in Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

anna080 wrote: »
    Absolute filthy pig. I feel sorry for his family and especially his elderly mother who I’m led to believe is compleley and utterly heartbroken over this.

Just about to say the same thing. I do feel very sorry for them and the shame that he has brought on them through no fault of their own. I'm sure their lives have changed utterly since he was caught.

s15r330 wrote: »
    The roles will be reversed now!
    God help his poopipe

You sound excited!
    silverharp wrote: »
    I wont be sad if he is cell mates with an English version of Bubba

I believe sex offenders are segregated from the rest of the inmates so the rape fantasies probably won't come through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

I feel sorry for his family, but for the man himself I am delighted with the sentence for this scumbag. It's a pity that if it were here, he would barely get a warning.

It's a pity that if it were here, he would barely get a warning.

And we'd have absolutely no idea of his identity...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

18 mths FFS Tis life he should get

shamrock55 wrote: »

He's a dirty yoke and all but he didn't actually abuse anyone, thankfully.

Omackeral wrote: »

He was blackmailing kids for photos as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

He was hardly meeting her to play tiddlywinks,the intent was there,why do we have to wait till something bad happens,this creep was only after one thing and I'd have no problem even hanging the prick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Brilliant how quickly the UK Courts dealt with this case , he would be still out on bail in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He was hardly meeting her to play tiddlywinks,the intent was there,why do we have to wait till something bad happens,this creep was only after one thing and I'd have no problem even hanging the prick

You can't convict people on what they might do.

You might pick up a shovel, and cave someone's skull in, but we don't imprison you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I think it’s very lenient of the judge/courts. Think he should of got more in my opinion.

You can't convict people on what they might do.

You might pick up a shovel, and cave someone's skull in, but we don't imprison you for it.

People have been convicted on what they might do though, so you can

He was blackmailing kids for photos as well

Oh I know. What I meant was he didn't physically abuse anyone and that's a bloody good thing. We know he's a grubby, dangerous, predatory f*cker and I'm glad he got caught and nobody was hurt. He looks like he knows he's ruined his life too. Delighted for the fool and I've no sympathy for him. Wouldn't say let's hang him though, that's a step too far.

Additionally, just after he was caught and his facebook was still active his trips abroad were from countries associated with child sex tourism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

anna080 wrote: »

Both his parents have died before all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

leestone wrote: »
    Both his parents have died before all this.

Untrue. His mother is in a nursing home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mad m wrote: »
    I think it’s very lenient of the judge/courts. Think he should of got more in my opinion.

In the article it says that he plead guilty which the judge took into consideration during sentencing. Also something about them running concurrently.

• Advertisement

Why do concurrent sentences exist at all can anyone tell me? It's like a ''commit one crime, get the second one free'' offer. I don't get it. Basically getting away with it.

Advertisement