Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAORSAT on Lyngsat but how to convert the frequency??

• 11-02-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭

I checked Lyngsat com and lo and behold RTE saorsat is shown in all its glory but the frequency is 20185L so the question is how is this downconverted to a frequency I can input to my hd receiver. And how do we know lyngsat are showing the correct frequency. I got my ka band lnb and dying to give it a go. got this from another board

"SAORSAT Tp on Ka-Sat = 20185 MHz
    Ka Band LNB LO = 18750 MHz
    IF Frequency = 1435 MHz (20185 MHz - 18750 MHz)

Ku receiver frequency displayed = 11185 MHz (IF 1435 MHz + Ku Lo-Band LO 9750 MHz)
    scan that frequency with SR 25000, FEC 1/2, QPSK, DVB-S2."

but saw another post that aopogee did and frequency was different! Is all this done to confuse us??

Is the above correct?

gbcullen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

The LO in the Inverto LNB is 21.2 gHz, these are the correct settings afaia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Apogee

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I checked Lyngsat com and lo and behold RTE saorsat is shown in all its glory but the frequency is 20185L so the question is how is this downconverted to a frequency I can input to my hd receiver. And how do we know lyngsat are showing the correct frequency. I got my ka band lnb and dying to give it a go. got this from another board

"SAORSAT Tp on Ka-Sat = 20185 MHz
    Ka Band LNB LO = 18750 MHz
    IF Frequency = 1435 MHz (20185 MHz - 18750 MHz)

Ku receiver frequency displayed = 11185 MHz (IF 1435 MHz + Ku Lo-Band LO 9750 MHz)
    scan that frequency with SR 25000, FEC 1/2, QPSK, DVB-S2."

but saw another post that aopogee did and frequency was different!

Is the above correct?

gbcullen

Both are correct but are meant for different LNB/Fs with different local oscillators. The first calculation/frequency is for the Hughes LNBs that people were initially experimenting with, but is now more or less redundant.

The other frequency I posted (TP scan parameters are 10765MHz, SR 25000, Vertical, FEC 1/2, DVB-S2 QPSK) is the correct one for the Inverto LNBF sold by Onwave and other retailers.

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    Is all this done to confuse us??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭swoofer

i should have asked as well, is this saorsat transmitting 24/7 now?
    and thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Apogee

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭swoofer

got it with a 1.1m triax, 92% S and 74%Q but could not get it by taping lnb to existing. So signal strength quite low but I did not tweak dish, no time.

gbc

• Advertisement
Advertisement