Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

German Free to Air on Astra 19.2

• 14-03-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Question I have a 90cm dish on Astra 19.2 in the Mid West of Ireland.
    On some German channels the signal is really weak and hard to lock onto and worse in bad weather.
    On others the signal is very strong no matter what the weather conditions.
    Is there a different footprint for Astra 19.2 that would account for this or could it possibly be LNB or similar.
    What would be the recommended size of a dsih for all channels to be of good quaility for my location.

DFDREAM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

dfdream wrote:
    Question I have a 90cm dish on Astra 19.2 in the Mid West of Ireland.
    On some German channels the signal is really weak and hard to lock onto and worse in bad weather.
    On others the signal is very strong no matter what the weather conditions.
    Is there a different footprint for Astra 19.2 that would account for this or could it possibly be LNB or similar.
    What would be the recommended size of a dsih for all channels to be of good quaility for my location.

DFDREAM

Some of the stations are very weak , like bahn tv..... the main ones (sat 1, rtl , pro sieben) all come in fine for me on a 65cm dish (west cork),...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

I can Pick Up all Channels on 60Cm dish no problem in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

80cm or better is fine.
    Check you dish alignment. 90cm is much harder than 65cm Sky. Also check LNB skew

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Thanks All.

The issue was alignment.

I invested in a basic signal meter in Maplin.

Basic but well worth the money.

I kept adjusting the dish and tweeking the db level down.

Went back to the TV and the signal on all was immaculate.

But admittedly the signal strength on the original problem channels was still less than others, probalbly a different footprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are a bunch of satellites at a similar space in Sky. With a Sky Minidish, anyting in a 500Mile wide block is picked up at the same time.

With 2m dish you actually have to move it for some of the channels on "sky" platform!

• Advertisement
Advertisement