Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unable to register LEAP Card

• 22-03-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have signed up with LC all the passwords and so on. But when I tried to register the card using the 10 digit number the following message appeared on the screen -

"The Leap Card number you entered is not valid for registration (Code E017). Please try again. "

Can anyone advise me further? For example, if the number on the card is not valid for whatever reason, would I be able to get another card without having to pay another fiver for it!

Just to add, the card is a couple of years old and I'm only registering it now, as I didn't use it up to now. Would that be the reason I wonder?

I loaded money on it at the Luas Ticket machine yesterday no problem.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check exactly the instructions on registering the card. It says something like "Only enter the first X numbers".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Victor wrote: »
    Check exactly the instructions on registering the card. It says something like "Only enter the first X numbers".

Thanks Victor.

I logged on to my account just now. It must have registered overnight or something but it's ok now. The numbers I am using to register are correct according to the instructions.

HOWEVER, that card is a personalised one with my 30 day Rambler on it. I have another card that I use for short trips, and I am unable to register that one now under the "register another card" facility. That is the card that I put some money into yesterday. Maybe try again tomorrow to see if it updates overnight!

I know I can have ramblers and a purse on the one LEAP card, but I prefer to keep them separate, that's just me!

I will give them a call if it is not sorted. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Victor wrote: »

This is so poor design from the nta. The online software should be able to recognise the first x numbers, and only x digits should be printed on the card in any case, or clear separation between them like on debit/credit cards to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Tow

This is so poor design from the nta.

They seem to try to make the system un-user friendly. I have half a dozen registered cards on my account and they have replaced all the 'Card Labels' with 'xxx'. Does the NTA expect their customers to remember which 10 digit number corresponds to each card?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tow wrote: »
    They seem to try to make the system un-user friendly. I have half a dozen registered cards on my account and they have replaced all the 'Card Labels' with 'xxx'. Does the NTA expect their customers to remember which 10 digit number corresponds to each card?

Same happened on mine. Have to use the history to figure out which is which - if I ever start taking the bus I'll never know anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tow wrote: »

:confused: I have two cards registered and when I login to www.leapcard.ie I can see the card number and the label I assigned to each clearly shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Tow

coylemj wrote: »
    :confused: I have two cards registered and when I login to www.leapcard.ie I can see the card number and the label I assigned to each clearly shown.

I have just added another card and it displayed the 'card label' for the new card, while the others still have 'xxx'. The whole system is a bit of a dogs dinners, were are no * beside the phone number fields to indicate they are required, as per all the other fields. But, instead they have a line of text telling you to enter at least one number.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

coylemj wrote: »

I see my card numbers but the labels have been changed to "XXX"

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I see my card numbers but the labels have been changed to "XXX"

Yes, I noticed that on my account over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 firjjg

Hi folks,

I have signed up with LC all the passwords and so on. But when I tried to register the card using the 10 digit number the following message appeared on the screen -

"The Leap Card number you entered is not valid for registration (Code E017). Please try again. "

Can anyone advise me further? For example, if the number on the card is not valid for whatever reason, would I be able to get another card without having to pay another fiver for it!

Just to add, the card is a couple of years old and I'm only registering it now, as I didn't use it up to now. Would that be the reason I wonder?

I loaded money on it at the Luas Ticket machine yesterday no problem.

Thanks.

I have the same problem~ so how do u resolve it????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Francis G

I found a twitter answer from @leapcard - This error means the card is already registered..../twitter.com/leapcard/status/728540147034238976

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ex6

Francis G wrote: »
    I found a twitter answer from @leapcard - This error means the card is already registered..../twitter.com/leapcard/status/728540147034238976

Un-believable... it is January 2019 and they still have not added proper error messages to their website... I just got the same error 10 minutes ago when trying to register my wifes' card under my account...

> The Leap Card number you entered is not valid for registration (Code E017). Please try again.

Advertisement