Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Simi wrote: »
    Ok that's working now. The curve app is incredibly buggy, I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it out of the 'add a card' loop it was stuck in.

So I've added curve as a payment method to Netflix. Should I cancel Netflix now and then renew 24hrs after renewal? Renewal is at midnight.

Yes cancel now if its due to renew tonight, then use a vpn tomorrow sometime to restart your membership :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes cancel now if its due to renew tonight, then use a vpn tomorrow sometime to restart your membership :)

Cool, I'll give it a shot. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

BKWDR wrote: »
    You do have to pay for the first month in Ireland, yeah?

I did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭fafy

Thanks to all the help on here, now up and running on Turkish Netflix, charged € 4.56 versus €15.99 for Netflix Premium. Thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ok so i am new to Curve, but in essence, i set up my normal ROI account with my ROI visa card, add my irish number, then i change my payment method to my CURVE card number and then i cancel. When my account expires i come back the next day via Turkey and login and restart my membership and away i go?

Curve question, do i add my revolut to curve and pay via that? or does curve handle the XE? Also , does Curve offer virtual cards or do i have to wait for the physical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Ok so i am new to Curve, but in essence, i set up my normal ROI account with my ROI visa card, add my irish number, then i change my payment method to my CURVE card number and then i cancel. When my account expires i come back the next day via Turkey and login and restart my membership and away i go?

Curve question, do i add my revolut to curve and pay via that? or does curve handle the XE? Also , does Curve offer virtual cards or do i have to wait for the physical?

Curve handles any exchange rates. There's a 0.5% fee if your using FX at the weekend end.

There are not virtual cards for curve unfortunately

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Curve handles any exchange rates. There's a 0.5% fee if your using FX at the weekend end.

There are not virtual cards for curve unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

Has the price in Turkey jumped?

Paid just over a fiver last month via revolut. Stung for close to eight quid this month. Premium sub.

Not that I'm going to complain to netflix or anything but that's a hefty percentage increase

Dutchy wrote: »
    Has the price in Turkey jumped?

Paid just over a fiver last month via revolut. Stung for close to eight quid this month. Premium sub.

Not that I'm going to complain to netflix or anything but that's a hefty percentage increase

Sure your turkey? That's what's happened in Argentina, they introduced a 35 percent tax which translated to a 50 percent increase

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

My apologies. I just checked my account and it is indeed Argentina. Time to take a holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Currently getting this error trying to move from Mexico to Turkey? Using revolut

cabNVfB.png

Currently getting this error trying to move from Mexico to Turkey? Using revolut

cabNVfB.png

Yah they've cut back.... Go back 2 or 3 pages and the answer is there. You need to be an Irish account. Reg number. Change payment method then cancel and renew with new country... Just read back

Yah they've cut back.... Go back 2 or 3 pages and the answer is there. You need to be an Irish account. Reg number. Change payment method then cancel and renew with new country... Just read back

Thanks, but I tried using an old irish netflix account that is using a different email address and restarting my account via vpn. However, I am still getting the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

BKWDR wrote:

I did all that and getting the same message as yourself

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I did all that and getting the same message as yourself

Did you use Curve? Revolut being refused

I tried curve there. Same issue.

I tried curve there. Same issue.

You have to change to Curve when Irish account is still active.

See my post from the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

frash wrote: »
    THIS WORKED!!! :D

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
    1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
    2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
    3. Cancel your sub
    4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
    5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens

This worked for me today. Only difference was I also added an Irish mobile number before I cancelled just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

Do you have to do the Curve part, or is that only if you're paying with Revolut? Have started a new account on a normal Irish Mastercard, can I let that expire then resign up with VPN activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Julez wrote: »
    Do you have to do the Curve part, or is that only if you're paying with Revolut? Have started a new account on a normal Irish Mastercard, can I let that expire then resign up with VPN activated?

I did exactly that albeit with a Visa debit card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

odddavey wrote: »
    I would say no, I have a sub through Argentina. Stupidly agreed to the fraudulent activity on the revolut, didn't realise the card would be cancelled. Tried to use the new card, denied payment. Tried to use the Mrs revolut, denied. Used an aib card, denied. Then got on to Netflix chat, they wouldn't approve revolut as a payment. Told me to use a local Argentinian card. In the end they unlocked my account so I can sort out payment. Due to expire next Monday.
    Sorted now, signed up to Curve, enterd the curve card details on Netflix and bingo it worked.
    Argentina sub for 4k has increased in price to 6. 63 euro, it was 4.54.
    Thanks for the tip on curve, u beauty

Julez wrote: »

No irish debit or credit card would work for me once I went to Turkey. Revolut neither.
    Only Curve would work.
    Someone used Monese earlier I think.

See my post from 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Do I need to sign up for Irish Netflix and pay for a month before I can take advantage of the Turkey option or is there any way to do it with a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

BKWDR wrote:

Tried curve, revolut and aib.
    Changed my payment to revolut while still on irish sub then cancelled. I obviously did not know the revolut wouldn't work untill after my sub expired so might try signing up again from ireland with curve and go through process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think the common error here and solution seems to be: set up the payment method you intend to use with telephone number/etc added on Irish sub and ensure you pay at least once. Then move to Turkey.

Thanks for everyone's helpful messages.

Just so that I am on the page as everyone else

Cancel Mexico account
    Restart membership in Ireland and pay for a month and then cancel.
    Restart account in Turkey.

I am currently using revolut to pay in Mexican Pesos and have my Irish number is assigned to my account. Do I need to change my banking details again?

Thanks for everyone's helpful messages.

Just so that I am on the page as everyone else

Cancel Mexico account
    Restart membership in Ireland and pay for a month and then cancel.
    Restart account in Turkey.

I am currently using revolut to pay in Mexican Pesos and have my Irish number is assigned to my account. Do I need to change my banking details again?

Yes
    Revolut isn't working for most
    Switch to Curve from Ireland before cancelling

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

I recently bought 360 Turkish Lira via Revolut for ~€40.
    I'm hoping it will look after my 29.99TL Netflix plan for next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Might be of interest here, I was paying at a petrol station today at a self service pump. I was using my Revolut card and my newer card (I have 2 linked to same account) worked initially and showed up as Revolut on screen. It then stopped working and I had to use my original card instead which showed up as Revolut prepay. So I'm wondering if they changed the way their cards are coded or something that might affect which cards do or don't work for this system?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dulpit wrote: »
    Might be of interest here, I was paying at a petrol station today at a self service pump. I was using my Revolut card and my newer card (I have 2 linked to same account) worked initially and showed up as Revolut on screen. It then stopped working and I had to use my original card instead which showed up as Revolut prepay. So I'm wondering if they changed the way their cards are coded or something that might affect which cards do or don't work for this system?
    Yes, recently-issued Revolut cards are coded as debit cards and should work.

Advertisement