Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryan Adams

• 18-03-2011 9:41am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New European tour dates up on his site, no Irish date - yep there is now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

He is playing the Olympia, Weds June 8th,
    Tickets - €49.20

Onsale to General Public Start: Fri 25/03/11, 09:00

Presale 1 Start: Wed 23/03/11, 09:00
    End: Fri 25/03/11, 08:00

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Ryan-Adams-tickets/artist/807216

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

How does one join the dang fan club and get the pre-sale code then? Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ouch! That's pricey! Must be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dont care how much the tickets are im there... but seriously how do you join the fanclub thing to get the pre sale code??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

He is also playing Cork Opera house on June 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

those tix are expensive. how do you become a member of the fan club. I'm on the mailing list him but no info.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ouch! That's pricey! Must be done though.
    perrier wrote: »
    those tix are expensive. how do you become a member of the fan club. I'm on the mailing list him but no info.

Pretty much standard price for a big act in the olympia these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

still pretty steep for an acoustic gig of new songs.

thought i'd annoy myself by finding old tickets stubs for the last few cardinals gigs:

Olympia 2006: €38.70
    Mandela 2006: £23.50
    Ambassador 2008: €33.60

cant find my cardiff '07 one but it was around the 20 quid mark.

time to start saving i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

Squelchy wrote: »
    How does one join the dang fan club and get the pre-sale code then? Anyone??

i dunno, but if you keep an eye on the ryanadamsarchive.com forum the password might pop up there in either the dublin gig or european dates threads.

reading the interest on there these tickets wont last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Guess I'm going to have to go, never seen him and his on my list! Will probably justify it by buying a ticket as a birthday present! Going to be so poor this summer, still have to stump up for lecky picnic:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

His last solo acoustic shows here were amazing. Hopefully it gives him more freedom to play what he feels and try new stuff.
    Would expect at least at good 2hr show hopefully

Ive been listening to the 02 gig in the Olympia and its just amazing.. i remember been there.. Ryan was in really top form and some of the performances were simply out of this world..

If anyone finds out the pre sale password please please post it on here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Hey all,

For those looking for presale info I can tell you that I bought tickets for the London show in the 'presale' and it didn't involve any codes or passwords.

I think it was enough just to KNOW that they were going on presale. I'm assuming this might be the same for Dublin. I am signed up to his mailing list, and Ticketmaster, and follow his Facebook page and there was no mention of any secret code for those other presales.

So hopefully that helps anyone looking for info.

As this is the only active Ryan Adams thread that I can find, I also thought I'd use it to air a grievance so apologies if its in the wrong place!

Along with the rest of the country, I am broke! BUT when his European tour dates were announced on his Facebook (which he maintains himself), I was delighted but of course annoyed that he wasn't playing Dublin which is the far cheaper alternative! Decided I'd splash out and get two tickets to London and have bought flights. Despite Irish people asking him on his page if there'd be an Irish date, and Irish people like myself posting that we were making the trip over, there was no mention of an Irish date until last night.

My gut reaction was frankly to be a bit annoyed. I don't know why he couldn't hold off announcing the tour until ALL dates were finalised so that his FANS knew where they stood. I really feel pretty cheated to be honest.

Knowing his reputation as being a bit of a brat (as much as I love his music, we all know this is true), I held off expressing my frustration. Another Irish fan however, brought up the fact that she had bought tickets for a UK date, was broke, and would now have to fork out for a second date. Now, Ryan himself saw this and pointed out no one was forcing her to go to his show and she should chill out. She was at worst giving him a harmless slagging while simultaneously pointing out how dedicated she was to him and she got a snarky response from her idol in return. I later agreed with her and said I was in a similar situation but that I looked at the bright side - that I'd get to fly the Irish flag in London and get a gig on my home turf and how lucky we are etc.

Both of us have since been removed, by Ryan, as fans of his page and have been blocked from commenting on his posts.

I'm both really upset (I love the guy!) and furious. I know he's childish, I know how petulant he is with reporters, I've heard the stories of him being a brat on stage but I don't know where he gets off behaving like that. I now feel like I'm the douchebag and all I did was tell him how looking forward I was to getting not one but two gigs in.

So now I'm not sure how I feel about sitting in the audience of his show when I specifically know that he has a problem with me.

It's pretty surreal, typing here about my virtual run in with Ryan Adams but I suppose I just needed a rant! :)

And I know the staunch Ryan Adams fans will tell me to cop on but I was a staunch Ryan Adams fan until 7 hours ago.

Hey all,

For those looking for presale info I can tell you that I bought tickets for the London show in the 'presale' and it didn't involve any codes or passwords.

I think it was enough just to KNOW that they were going on presale. I'm assuming this might be the same for Dublin. I am signed up to his mailing list, and Ticketmaster, and follow his Facebook page and there was no mention of any secret code for those other presales.

So hopefully that helps anyone looking for info.

As this is the only active Ryan Adams thread that I can find, I also thought I'd use it to air a grievance so apologies if its in the wrong place!

Along with the rest of the country, I am broke! BUT when his European tour dates were announced on his Facebook (which he maintains himself), I was delighted but of course annoyed that he wasn't playing Dublin which is the far cheaper alternative! Decided I'd splash out and get two tickets to London and have bought flights. Despite Irish people asking him on his page if there'd be an Irish date, and Irish people like myself posting that we were making the trip over, there was no mention of an Irish date until last night.

My gut reaction was frankly to be a bit annoyed. I don't know why he couldn't hold off announcing the tour until ALL dates were finalised so that his FANS knew where they stood. I really feel pretty cheated to be honest.

Knowing his reputation as being a bit of a brat (as much as I love his music, we all know this is true), I held off expressing my frustration. Another Irish fan however, brought up the fact that she had bought tickets for a UK date, was broke, and would now have to fork out for a second date. Now, Ryan himself saw this and pointed out no one was forcing her to go to his show and she should chill out. She was at worst giving him a harmless slagging while simultaneously pointing out how dedicated she was to him and she got a snarky response from her idol in return. I later agreed with her and said I was in a similar situation but that I looked at the bright side - that I'd get to fly the Irish flag in London and get a gig on my home turf and how lucky we are etc.

Both of us have since been removed, by Ryan, as fans of his page and have been blocked from commenting on his posts.

I'm both really upset (I love the guy!) and furious. I know he's childish, I know how petulant he is with reporters, I've heard the stories of him being a brat on stage but I don't know where he gets off behaving like that. I now feel like I'm the douchebag and all I did was tell him how looking forward I was to getting not one but two gigs in.

So now I'm not sure how I feel about sitting in the audience of his show when I specifically know that he has a problem with me.

It's pretty surreal, typing here about my virtual run in with Ryan Adams but I suppose I just needed a rant! :)

And I know the staunch Ryan Adams fans will tell me to cop on but I was a staunch Ryan Adams fan until 7 hours ago.

I can understand your attitude candypants.. i went down through the comments on the facebook page and noticed that OP who complained about been already having tickets for the london show and having to get tickets for the dublin show now despite been broke.. In fairness id say his tour manager was trying to get a venue and date for the olympia gig so he probably knew as much as we do.. why dont you sell the london tickets if you get dublin tickets?? as for ryan been a brat.. id say hes the most talented brat in the world...;)

in regards to the pre sale issue.. if i just check for tickets next wednesday at 9am i'll be able to buy them??

Sorry - I know no one is interested in my 'issues' just the presale! :o

And yes, IF Ticketmaster.ie is anything like my experience then you just need to show up to the site for 9am.

The ONLY thing that might have made a difference was that I clicked through Ryan's website (http://paxamrecords.com/live/2010/paxam-live/) to the vendor to buy the tickets. There's a chance that his site acted like a screening device (or something?) so that I could purchase. However, this would only make sense if Dublin was listed on the site, which as of yet, it is not.

And yes, I agree he is extremely talented but I do not think that this is license to treat fans who love him so badly. A quick google shows I am unfortunately not the exception of the rule. As one person put it, when you buy tickets for a Ryan show you are gambling away your money on what mood he's going to be in.

As for London, in absolute excitement I bought my flights to London so I could sell my tickets but I'll lose out on the flights. Besides, I don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face. I love his music, I used to love him, I really want to see his gig. Just I've gone from elated to deflated and the whole thing has been tarnished for me.

Sorry - turning this back into a therapy session!!

In any case, best of luck getting tickets for Dublin. I hope I've steered ye in the right direction and that it turns out to be a great gig and that he turns up in a good mood!

Sorry candypants.. i know your really ****** off but thats ryan.. and he shouldn't of barred you off his FB page, you didnt deserve that kind of treatment..

Ah not pissed off....just disappointed. Ah well, nothing I can do now except decide whether to go to London or not!!

That's the end of the issue as far as I'm concerned!

Good luck with tickets! Hope my presale info serves you well :)

I know it's bad but i find that hilarious. Not laughing at you just at the fact that he blocked you from his facebook for such a trivial matter, if you're going to poke the bear get a big old poking stick and go do it in style with the old "i know you haven't played it in ages but any chance of summer..."

Also word of an irish gig was on twitter for a few days, before i posted it here (found out after) and i think the guys over at thumped might have had it up there too.

Not much help for this gig but just to keep in mind for again...

Haha...if only I had a chance to bust out a Summer of 69 dig now! And it is funny/ridiculous! He needs to put his toys back in the pram and/or just not go on the internet!! People being critical on the world wide web? :eek: NEVER?!

Tick Tock.... Tick Tock ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So how does the pre sale work???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Don't think anyone knows!
    We'll find out in a few mins!
    Looks like no password needed from what I've read so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I presume (hope) it's just normal ticketmaster, no password needed.

Row D circle, that'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

anyone figure this out yet...nothing on ticketmaster or his own site yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

How do you get into them, ticketmaster is still telling me they're not on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Was offered 2 for row A! But didn't fancy that so nervously clicked the search again and got row E, that'll do!

Panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Not on sale for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

from where ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

Advertisement