Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else worried about the sexualisation of black bodies?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Astonishingly, not everyone is looking to be objectified along racial, consumerist lines. You are probably ugly so it's hard for you to understand?

It makes no odds to me whether or not I am ugly. I don't see how that answers the question though? You were indicating sexualisation was the problem. I'm not too sure how you can push it as being a racial thing, because you will also be indicating black people can't be sexually expressive towards black people. While a lot of media published by black people about other black people, is sexual.

• I don't know if I want to know..

And I've just realised the extent of how not down with the lingo I am,but what is a 'wang'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

It makes no odds to me whether or not I am ugly. I don't see how that answers the question though? You were indicating sexualisation was the problem. I'm not too sure how you can push it as being a racial thing, because you will also be indicating black people can't be sexually expressive towards black people. While a lot of media published by black people about other black people, is sexual.

I'll advise that you read a little Foucault. I haven't the time to educate you on otherification.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ironically, I think that it is the very sexualisation of black bodies (booties & wangs) in the media which has turned you against blacks.
    Since 1992...

• Notice anything about these 50 artists OP?

https://www.complex.com/music/the-greatest-rap-songs-about-sex

• Advertisement

I don't know if I want to know..

And I've just realised the extent of how not down with the lingo I am,but what is a 'wang'?

Basically in the mass media black people are shown has having long cumbersome wangs while women have "phat" booties.

• I don't know if I want to know..

This piece of sex in a box...

1200px-Wang2200.png

Notice anything about these 50 artists OP?

https://www.complex.com/music/the-greatest-rap-songs-about-sex

Very often stupid people are also ugly. These artists have risen to the top through benefit of good genes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Don't entertain. This thread is expressing "concern" about objectification/sexualisation (with insults thrown out for no reason) and the same person started a thread yesterday about the woman who was wrongly at the centre of a murder case (classy for Meredith Kercher), had her freedom taken for a prolonged period, it's 12 years since the case, and lamenting that he doesn't find her as hot now.

It's to wind up - nothing more, and shouldn't be indulged.

• Basically in the mass media black people are shown has having long cumbersome wangs while women have "phat" booties.

Are you saying the "phat" asses are generally photoshopped?

• Advertisement

• Basically in the mass media black people are shown has having long cumbersome wangs while women have "phat" booties.

Is this something to do with the Kardashians, or those lads with tattoos on their faces?..

Anyway.. yeah, I'm obviously not cool anymore..

Back in my day we didn't sexualize black people.. except maybe Halle Berry..

the same person started a thread yesterday about the woman who was wrongly at the centre of a murder case.

She was very good looking. And most people still think she murdered Meredith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

She was very good looking. And most people still think she murdered Meredith.
    But I thought you disapproved of objectification? :confused:

(None of us know what most people think).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

What? The Amanda Knox thread? She is both intelligent and good looking. Case in point. No conflict in my thesis at all.

You have to be smart to get away with murder in fairness.

Back on topic

But I thought you disapproved of objectification? :confused:

(None of us know what most people think).

As an individual, I would have boned her circa 2010. But I am against sexualisation of bodies for reasons of capitalist consumerism, especially if those bodies are from minorities. I think you'll find you agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is a strong correspondence between ugliness and low IQ. Your use of the word "mate" is therefore a big turn off for me.

i like people with a sense of humour so that rules you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There were many things that went through my mind when I was studying black body radiation during my undergrad years, but sexy thoughts were not amongst them.

i like people with a sense of humour so that rules you out.

I'm sorry that you're not interested in serious topics.

dudara wrote: »
    There were many things that went through my mind when I was studying black body radiation during my undergrad years, but sexy thoughts were not amongst them.

corr, look at the roentgens on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Love a black hole myself.

I'm into astronomy.

My first read of the thread title I thought it said "Anyone else worried about the sexualization of black holes?"!

• Advertisement

I'm sorry that you're not interested in serious topics.

wait, this is supposed to be a serious thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Madilyn Itchy Raceway

RWCNT wrote: »
    I've heard some talk of exoticisation/fetishism around race before and I've never really known where the boundaries sit. I find dark skin to be an attractive feature but it's not like I fancy every black person by virtue of their race. Where does personal preference end and exotisation/fetishism begin?
    Where actuality ends and fantasy begins.

• As an individual, I would have boned her circa 2010.

As an individual - were you once part of the Borg? How else would you "bone" her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

corr, look at the roentgens on that.

3.6 not great, not terrible

fergus1001 wrote: »
    3.6 not great, not terrible

you do better at short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Lina Alive Sculptor

RWCNT wrote: »
    I've heard some talk of exoticisation/fetishism around race before and I've never really known where the boundaries sit. I find dark skin to be an attractive feature but it's not like I fancy every black person by virtue of their race. Where does personal preference end and exotisation/fetishism begin?

I'd say Asian women and Black men get the worst of that.

Jesus it's great being white altogether isn't it? Apart from the sunburn and the fact that we age in fcuking dog years compared to everyone else it's really pretty fantastic.

I'd say Asian women and Black men get the worst of that.

Jesus it's great being white altogether isn't it? Apart from the sunburn and the fact that we age in fcuking dog years compared to everyone else it's really pretty fantastic.

36 years old. Smoking and drinking my entire life. Look 20. Generations of top quality milk and high quality Irish food have kept me young. Plus those Irish genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

36 years old. Smoking and drinking my entire life. Look 20. Generations of top quality milk and high quality Irish food have kept me young. Plus those Irish genes.

And act like the difference between the above two. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Lina Alive Sculptor

Do you think it's anything to do with being Irish maybe and having Irish stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Love a black hole myself.

I'm into astronomy.

You can't beat an aul' Sci-Fi with cranky aul' Ernest Borgnine.
    Wait a minute Borg-nine? A Borg!

Advertisement