Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have re-occurring dreams?

• 01-08-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

or something that occurs regularly but in different dreams?

For a while I was dreaming about my teeth becoming loose and falling out. I also have different dreams where I can fly in them thinking I am really impressing people but they don't seem bothered by it.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sharing is caring , but sometimes being greedy is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Teeth, i'll be having that dream tonight again so....

Keep dreaming we will win the liam mccarthy

Still hasnt happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I never remember any of my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I often have dreams about when i was at a previous job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Only recurring theme is that they are invariably nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 30,019 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That I’m in school again and I’ve no Homework done and I’ve to go into Fresnch class. I’ve no idea why I couldn’t go home.
    Once I dreamt I only had the bag to put the Christmas tree in and I think the Argos Catalogue in my bag,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I have this recurring dream where I'm in time period of Huckleberry Finn and I'm on the banks of a river and my teeth start to crumble and black tar starts oozing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Frequently in dreams I'm stuck up on high walls or rooftops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I have a dream where me and maruane fellaini measure each others height. Then weigh each other and we realise that if we divide one number by the other we both get the exact same score. 21.7. Whenever we get this score my doctor comes in and high fives us. Then we play keepy uppy for a while high fiving and shouting YEEEEAAAASSSSS.

Always spring out of bed at 6 am ready for a poop after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I have recurring dreams, if that's any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Falling. From heights obviously.
    Always I fall in situations that will be fatal. In my dreams of course!
    I'm well used to working and walking on heights so I'm not sure what it portends,if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I used to have the teeth dreams too. They'd all come loose one by one and I could just pick them out.
    I also frequently have had dreams about being chased by bulls and having to scale a wall to escape them.
    Any amateur psychologists out there??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Yes, I have reoccurring dreams. But I can't reveal what there about, especially if there are sensitive posters on board. Which I believe there are

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I used to have the teeth dreams too. They'd all come loose one by one and I could just pick them out.
    I also frequently have had dreams about being chased by bulls and having to scale a wall to escape them.
    Any amateur psychologists out there??

The teeth dream is basically a vanity dream to do with looks, most people won't smile or laugh if they missing some delph(teeth/tooth.)
    Whether it be a bull or tiger or lion represents whatever fear you have, hence you being chased and getting away. Which means your one step ahead of your fears.
    I think I'm in the right ballpark with these answers. Or I could be full of bullsh!t. Make what you want out of it. Because their your dreams not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

My car is stolen and I have to go into a rough estate to retrieve it with rough fellas staring at me from high rise balcony's.and me a shivering wreck...don't know what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Not anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nuclear war and atomic bombs being dropped, seeing mushroom clouds in the distance. Not sure why but it's something I've had reoccurring dreams about for most of my life. Generally it can be quite terrifying.

Have a slightly less scary one where I'm back in school and for whatever reason, still haven't gotten my leaving cert and have to do the final few years again as an adult.

Tend to wake up and for a split second think it's reality, then get a massive wave of relief when I realise I did my leaving cert almost 20 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I have reoccurring dreams where I am searching.
    Can be a hotel room, a missing animal, a person, wallet,keys....
    They last for ages, its never proper sleep...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

For about 4 years I had a recurring dream that I was shopping for shirts with Brendan Gleason in Cleary’s menswear section. Sometimes we made it as far as buying shirts, sometimes we didn’t.

Sometimes I’d have the dream every couple of nights, then I’d go weeks without having it. It was bizarre. I don’t usually have lucid dreams, but the detail in the “Brendan Gleeson dream” was crystal clear. Brendan always wanted patterned shirts and I always wanted solid colours.

Haven’t had the dream in years, no idea why it started or stopped.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yep...falling, tornadoes, nuclear explosions, airplanes crashing ( had these for years but none lately) - my late father and mother as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭eggy81

I'm always dreaming about being chased by something, whether it be a gang of criminals, a bear, snskes or whatever. It always happens in early morning. I seem to be able to get away and then relax and the suddenly I'm getting chased again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I have recurring dreams, if that's any use?

I knew it didn't look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Everyone in mayo let’s a big sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Often. I dream about everything, but usually in a familiar setting.

So, if I have had an argument with my boyfriend, lost a sock, achieved something in work, saw a leaf on the stairs, or enjoyed some orange juice, I will dream about it, but in this specific setting. It's a bit weird, but usually quite calm, so I enjoy my dream world. I remember a few of my dreams when I wake up, but God knows what went on in the ones which I forget!

Have had lucid dreams occasionally, which are AMAZING. But I do get the very bad dreams a few times a year, which are set in the familiar setting, except everything is disturbing.

Also my dreams seem to go on for ages, and sometimes I figure out something out along the way which relates to something in real life - usually work, but once a password that I had forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Everyone in mayo let’s a big sigh

Ye had a dream you lost the final, oh wait ;(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Only recurring theme is that they are invariably nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm glad sleep paralysis was touched on here because I thought it only happened to me and I never knew there was a name on it.
    It has happened infrequently to me since I was a teenager, maybe 3 times a year. Always just falling asleep, never upon waking and it's always the intruder hallucinations. I could swear blind there are shadows or creatures on my walls.
    I actually have to sleep with a hallway light on because I notice that when it's happening it's usually when I'm in a pitch black room.
    It's happened a few times when staying at friends and I've woken up shouting in distress saying there's someone in the room. I don't think I get paralysed per se, it's more vivid hallucinations just upon dropping off.
    I can literally 'see' my bedroom even though my eyes are closed if that makes sense.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I go through phases. I'll have the same dream or a variant of it and then I'm grand.
    RMAOK wrote: »
    I never remember any of my dreams.

Said every psychopath ever (and my brother). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I have a recurring dream about a very close friend who died 20 years ago. The places and circumstances might change but in the dreams I'm always surprised to see him because away in the back of my mind I know he is dead. There's lot's of talking, laughing and catching up, I'm really happy to see him but aware that my time with him is limited. I'm sure dreams like this are not uncommon and not too difficult to read what it's all about.

Advertisement